This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Clicking on pictures to enlarge them

Support links and helpful advice for using the forum to its fullest.
For Members and Guests
Diana
Sage

Clicking on pictures to enlarge them

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie, how come sometimes when I post pictures, one can click on them to see them on a full screen, and sometimes not.

For instance in this thread with the two photos I attached of two Magicians : viewtopic.php?f=221&t=1886&p=11430#p11430
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Clicking on pictures to enlarge them

Post by Charlie Brown »

I think it has to do with the size of the image. I'm guessing the image on the left is much smaller, as determined by pixel resolution.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 16:56 I think it has to do with the size of the image. I'm guessing the image on the left is much smaller, as determined by pixel resolution.
Oh thanks so much. I replaced the photo with a larger one and it's all fine and dandy now.

Trouble is I never know whether I'm dealing with pixels or mms. So it never turns out like I expect it to.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 21 Sep 2019, 16:51 Joan Marie, how come sometimes when I post pictures, one can click on them to see them on a full screen, and sometimes not.

For instance in this thread with the two photos I attached of two Magicians : viewtopic.php?f=221&t=1886&p=11430#p11430
You notice the top pic has that extra text underneath? That's because it is smaller than the "thumbnail" size set for this board.
The other pic is at least the thumbnail size or larger.

All pics post at the same size, (the thumbnail size), which is nice because it gives uniform look. Without that setting, pics may post so huge you have to scroll and scroll to get past it, or really tiny, but too big is the usual problem.

I set the thumbnail at 500px so images should be set at 500px wide. You know right away if your image is big enough if it posts withpout that extra text underneath.

The reason it doesn't enlarge when you click it is because it's actually smaller than it is shown here, so less than 500px wide. If you re-size it to 500px wide, it will post without that text and it will enlarge when you click it.

I hope that makes sense in some way.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Forum Tips, Tech Assistance & Guest Info”