This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Moon phase image overlap

Support links and helpful advice for using the forum to its fullest.
For Members and Guests
archimedes
Sage

Moon phase image overlap

Post by archimedes »

Having a small technical glitch on Android+ Samsung browser. The moon sits over the notifications icon, so makes it hard to click on them. I do absolutely love having the moon phase showing so don't want to disable it. Is there a setting that will alter the layout? Thanks!
20190920_172510.jpg
20190920_172510.jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 1187 times
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Moon phase image overlap

Post by Joan Marie »

archimedes wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:27 Having a small technical image on Android+ Samsung browser. The moon sits over the notifications icon, so makes it hard to click on them. I do absolutely love having the moon phase showing so don't want to disable it. Is there a setting that will alter the layout? Thanks!

20190920_172510.jpg
oof! That's not good.

This is the first I've heard of this problem.
I also use a Samsung android browser on my phone, and on mine the moon doesn't show at all. It shows on my laptop of course, but not on my phone. I never thought about it though, just figured it was incompatible somehow and the phone self-corrected.

I don't know of any setting to alter the layout.

I will write the developer of the moon-phase/banner software and ask. It's actually 2 different "apps" but the developer combined them for me into one so they would work together.

Would be nice to hear from anyone else who is or is not having this issue on a phone.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Currently I get around it by rotating the device (it's a tablet, rather than a phone, I should add) - and that provides more screen space so the button is accessible. So that's ok. It's possibly not worth worrying about if nobody else has noticed it. I'm hoping to get a new phone that will cope with apps. It otherwise works great. Having said that, it *would* be cool to have the moon showing on the phone version then! I wonder why it shows on the samsung tablet but not the phone? Something to do with its response to the scaling.

I really love these 'extras' around the forum - the moon, the decans and such on the login page, the featured cards. That kind of almanac touch is really nice.
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

archimedes wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 08:01 I really love these 'extras' around the forum - the moon, the decans and such on the login page, the featured cards. That kind of almanac touch is really nice.
Cool! Thanks! I never thought of it that way before, like an almanac. I really like that. This could be an influence from my younger days. I read almanacs all the time, just loved them. I haven't even thought about them though in years.

Cool!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

FWIW I don't have it on my Android, either, only on my laptop browser.

Return to “Forum Tips, Tech Assistance & Guest Info”