This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Pictures showing up twice

Support links and helpful advice for using the forum to its fullest.
For Members and Guests
Diana
Sage

Pictures showing up twice

Post by Diana »

Katrinka, in a post on the Jacques Breyer Tarot des Grands Peintres thread, mentioned that her picture attachment appeared twice.

The same thing happened to me in a thread. So I tried deleting one of the pictures. Which worked. But the other one at the bottom remains and even if I wanted to delete it I can't.

So there may be a technical problem somewhere ??
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Pictures showing up twice

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 07:52 So there may be a technical problem somewhere ??
It's a user error I think.

I had a look at katrinka's post and it appears she attached the same image twice. She placed one in her post. Any attachment that is not placed into a post will automatically attach itself at the end with that little white frame around it that says "attachment". So the second (extra) attachment is what you see at the bottom of her post. To fix it she just need to delete the extra one, the one NOT placed in the post.

Can you give me a link to the post that you are having trouble with and I can have a look and se if I can figure out what is wrong with it?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 08:01 [
Can you give me a link to the post that you are having trouble with and I can have a look and se if I can figure out what is wrong with it?
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1604
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Marigold wrote: 01 Jul 2019, 08:18 viewtopic.php?f=78&t=1604
I just placed the attachment into your post (sorry if it's the wrong spot, you can move it) and everything is fine.

What I suspect happened is that you submitted the post without placing the image where you wanted it. It attached itself at the end. Then, when you went back in and placed it you didn't delete the "code" at the bottom of the post, so now it appeared twice.

That's just a guess, if it wasn't exactly that it was something like that. Probably.

Just remember any attacment you don't intentionally place in your post will attach at the end by itself (with the little white frame around it). It actually places that little line of BB code there at the end of the post, so if you want to fix it you have to delete that code and then place the image where you want it.

I hope that makes sense. In any case, it looks okay now. :D
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Forum Tips, Tech Assistance & Guest Info”