This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Reader's Choice Kati Reads for Rachelcat

Kati
Seeker

Reader's Choice Kati Reads for Rachelcat

Post by Kati »

Hi! :)
I’m happy to read for you, Rachelcat. What would you like to ask my cards?
I am also warning you, I haven’t read for someone I don’t know before so you’ll be my first. I am excited, though!
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Reader's Choice Kati Reads for Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, very exciting! I'll try to be a good questioner! :)

My son just bought an engagement ring! He plans on giving it to the girlfriend on election day (not sure why, but that's the plan). What happens after that? What do I need to know about wedding plans and being mother of the groom (my only child) and being a mother-in-law and everything? I hope that's a doable question for you. I look forward to your reading!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Kati
Seeker

Post by Kati »

That sounds amazing! Congratulations to the mother of the groom! :)
I’m sure I can work something out. I’ll do the reading in few days and get back to you.
Kati
Seeker

Post by Kati »

I asked the cards for answers to your questions today. In case there’s something that you don’t understand don’t be shy to ask – English is not my first language so I’m quite sure there are grammatical mistakes... :oops:

But here goes. :)
The layout of the reading.
The layout of the reading.
On the left are the cards representing what happens after your son has given the ring (Nine of Visions and Two of Spells), then from the top right there’s a card for their plan (The Huntsman) and how you can best support them with their plan (The Forge). Then there are cards representing you as the mother of the groom (Eight of Visions reversed) and you as the mother-in-law (Weaver of Visions reversed).

Let’s start with what happens after he has given the ring to her.
What happens after he has given the ring?
What happens after he has given the ring?
This is something that both your son and his girlfriend have wished for for a while already. It’s very emotional and magical moment and they both feel ready to take this step forward. They are a good match and their union has a chance of a very positive outcome. Nine of Visions is all about reaching goals, wishes coming true and dreams being fulfilled. This is definitely the card to pull for engagement.
Two of Spells tells about waiting adventures. There are decisions to be made about the wedding but the good thing is that the couple is ready to make them. There’s much to do but they get solid support from each other. Working together comes naturally to them even though they are ”made of different wood”. I can see the knot on the belt which to me speaks of the commitment that they have made. This is something very personal to them as a couple and will teach them a lot about their partnership.
Two of Spells is about decisions and beginning of solving the situation. Co-operation is the key here but when they work together towards their goal the cards are in their favour.
Plans and how you can help
Plans and how you can help
The Huntsman tells me that the wedding plan itself will be simple, nothing too fancy. The important part for them is the commitment, not the wedding party itself. They also take this contract seriously. They want to be on top of things and will ask for help when they need it. I see practicality, balanced thought and action. Representing the plan, the Huntsman says that they will make well-thought-out and sensible decisions.
The Huntsman represents justice, integrity, fairness and legal matters. It’s a card of truth and honor. The Huntsman tells us to give and receive respect.

The way you can best support their plan is to be the ”work horse” – help them with what they ask. You’ll have to work with others so it will be good to get to know the parents and others close to the bride. There will be emotions involved but you must remember that you’re all working for the same end result. Avoid extreme situations and hold back from quick judgement.
This will be one of the most important things that your son has ever expected of you.
The Forge reminds you to stay in balance and keep the harmony. Your bond with the couple will strenghten by you honoring their wishes. You can add in small details of your own and they will be appreciated.
Mother and mother-in-law
Mother and mother-in-law
It might feel like you’re losing something now that your son is planning to get married – maybe that small boy that he used to be as now he has grown to be ready to be someone’s husband. You will have to practice letting go and this might feel a bit scary for you. This will be emotional time for you but you will feel better concentrating on your son’s happiness. Even though he has grown up he is not disappearing from your life.

As a mother-in-law, you will also have many emotions. You need to think back on how you felt when you were in the bride’s place. She expects you to get closer to her, to get to know her. She might have a bit difficulty in showing her emotions to you and that makes your relationship with her a little insecure. By nurturing the relationship during the time of wedding planning you can strengthen your bond and your relationship with her will grow to be happy and positive. She can be like a daughter to you in future.

What happens after the proposal and before the wedding all seems to be working out well. They seem to know what they are doing and are very mature about it. However, the cards show to me that your son’s engagement might feel difficult to you and it’s because you have to figure out what will be your role in the couple’s life in the future. The time before the wedding will be a good time to practice balance and also to show your son and daughter-in-law that you are on their side. The dwarf in The Forge is looking at the Eight of Visions which tells me that this balance is especially important when it comes to your son. He will appreciate that you show that you trust his decisions and support him with the steps that he is taking.
Advice from the oracle
Advice from the oracle
My oracle cards advice you to take a deep breath whenever you feel like you’re dealing with uncertainty about your relationship with your son or daughter-in-law. This will give you a moment to ground yourself and think what is the right thing to do.

Sorry that this was quite long... Do you have any questions? How does this sound to you?
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thanks very much for the reading. It seems very positive, and not too long at all! (And your English is perfect.) What's the name of your deck? It's very interesting! Here's some detailed feedback:
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 Let’s start with what happens after he has given the ring to her.

This is something that both your son and his girlfriend have wished for for a while already. It’s very emotional and magical moment and they both feel ready to take this step forward. They are a good match and their union has a chance of a very positive outcome. Nine of Visions is all about reaching goals, wishes coming true and dreams being fulfilled. This is definitely the card to pull for engagement.
Yes! Looks very positive. I hope it feels like their wishes are coming true!
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 Two of Spells tells about waiting adventures. There are decisions to be made about the wedding but the good thing is that the couple is ready to make them. There’s much to do but they get solid support from each other. Working together comes naturally to them even though they are ”made of different wood”. I can see the knot on the belt which to me speaks of the commitment that they have made. This is something very personal to them as a couple and will teach them a lot about their partnership.

Two of Spells is about decisions and beginning of solving the situation. Co-operation is the key here but when they work together towards their goal the cards are in their favour.
I like the idea that wedding planning is a practice run for other joint work and partnership.
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 The Huntsman tells me that the wedding plan itself will be simple, nothing too fancy. The important part for them is the commitment, not the wedding party itself. They also take this contract seriously. They want to be on top of things and will ask for help when they need it. I see practicality, balanced thought and action. Representing the plan, the Huntsman says that they will make well-thought-out and sensible decisions.

The Huntsman represents justice, integrity, fairness and legal matters. It’s a card of truth and honor. The Huntsman tells us to give and receive respect.
Also good news. I’ve always thought my son was practical when it comes to taking care of himself, so I’m glad to see this will carry over to both of them. And I’m sure they are taking it seriously. They’re not kids, and they’ve had time to mature, so that’s a good thing!
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 The way you can best support their plan is to be the “work horse” – help them with what they ask. You’ll have to work with others so it will be good to get to know the parents and others close to the bride. There will be emotions involved but you must remember that you’re all working for the same end result. Avoid extreme situations and hold back from quick judgement.

This will be one of the most important things that your son has ever expected of you.

The Forge reminds you to stay in balance and keep the harmony. Your bond with the couple will strengthen by you honoring their wishes. You can add in small details of your own and they will be appreciated.

It might feel like you’re losing something now that your son is planning to get married – maybe that small boy that he used to be as now he has grown to be ready to be someone’s husband. You will have to practice letting go and this might feel a bit scary for you. This will be emotional time for you but you will feel better concentrating on your son’s happiness. Even though he has grown up he is not disappearing from your life.
Very good advice! Yes, I’m sure I’ll feel that things will be different, but if things didn’t change, they couldn’t get better! But everybody is afraid of change sometimes. I know I need to hold it together, and it’s also good advice that I need to always keep their wishes in mind. It’s for them!

On Sunday, he said he’s thinking about the future, and if/when they buy a house, he’s thinking they’ll include a mother-in-law apartment for me. That really touched me. Even if it never happens.
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 As a mother-in-law, you will also have many emotions. You need to think back on how you felt when you were in the bride’s place. She expects you to get closer to her, to get to know her. She might have a bit difficulty in showing her emotions to you and that makes your relationship with her a little insecure. By nurturing the relationship during the time of wedding planning you can strengthen your bond and your relationship with her will grow to be happy and positive. She can be like a daughter to you in future.
That’s wonderful! I’d love to have a daughter. Yes, now we’re a little too much alike as introverts, so it’s been harder for me to get to know her than earlier girlfriends. (They say boys always pick someone like their mothers!) But you’re right, if we have to work together, we’ll get to know each other naturally.
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 What happens after the proposal and before the wedding all seems to be working out well. They seem to know what they are doing and are very mature about it. However, the cards show to me that your son’s engagement might feel difficult to you and it’s because you have to figure out what will be your role in the couple’s life in the future. The time before the wedding will be a good time to practice balance and also to show your son and daughter-in-law that you are on their side. The dwarf in The Forge is looking at the Eight of Visions which tells me that this balance is especially important when it comes to your son. He will appreciate that you show that you trust his decisions and support him with the steps that he is taking.
I do trust him to do what’s right for himself. I will make sure he knows that. And he knows I’m a family person. Whoever is family and whatever the family needs is my focus.
Kati wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 18:58 My oracle cards advice you to take a deep breath whenever you feel like you’re dealing with uncertainty about your relationship with your son or daughter-in-law. This will give you a moment to ground yourself and think what is the right thing to do.
I like this interpretation of Air: take a deep breath. And since I know everyone involved has only good intentions, that’s all I’ll need to put things in perspective.

This is a great reading. I like the way you created the spread by breaking down the question. It makes the reading immediately applicable. Your card interps are good, and you used relationships between the cards.

Well done! If I didn’t know, I wouldn’t have pegged you as a beginner.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Kati
Seeker

Post by Kati »

Thank you, you are too kind! <33 I am happy that the reading answered your questions.
Oh, I forgot to mention the deck! It’s called Forest of Enchantment Tarot.

Return to “Tarot Readers Choice: Hosted by kare”