This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LEN qndynes reads for Rachelcat

qndynes
Sage

LEN qndynes reads for Rachelcat

Post by qndynes »

Hey We're exchanging readings. This is the thread for me reading for you. I'm very much looking forward to this! What is your question for the tableau?
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: LEN qndynes reads for Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

Here is my question! It's long, but I hope it gives you the background you need.

When I was a young nobleman, a young woman and her brother showed up in my lands, fleeing some kind of persecution. She was the most beautiful and captivating woman I had ever seen; I fell deeply in love; and we were quickly married. We were deliriously happy, living in joy others can only imagine.

Then, in an act that changed my life forever, my beloved wife killed my only brother. Was he trying to rape her as she swore, or did he threaten to reveal that she was already a branded criminal? Or both? Whatever the reason, there was no question that she was a murderer, so I did my duty and ordered the execution by hanging of my own wife, the love of my life.

I then abandoned my landowner responsibilities and became a respected soldier and high-functioning alcoholic. Imagine my shock, delight, relief, horror when I found out she is still alive, working as a spy and assassin. Have I created this monster? She blandly rationalizes that an assassin and a soldier are no different; we both kill people for a cause. Several times we have been on the opposite sides of various plots, and have even tried killing each other once or twice. But I have never stopped being mesmerized by the very thought of her.

Now she tires of the spy game and plans to leave the country to live on her ill-gotten gains. She has asked me to go with her. To live with her without the miasma of deception and death is an intoxicating dream, but, well, I already called her a monster, and with good reason. Then again, maybe together we can heal each other and ourselves of the mayhem we have made of our lives. Should I go with her to an uncertain future or stay here in almost certain continued misery?

Athos
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Should I go with her to an uncertain future or stay here in almost certain continued misery?
Starting with the first three and then I will look at the house, anchor, heart, lady, man, stork.

This love affair is a fated cycle that has doomed and clouded your home, your safety, and brought more complications than advantages. (Clearly by your story!)

Staying will leave you isolated, your stability dependent on the shaprness you bring to your job as a shoulder for, the memory of her and your obsession with her eroding all sense of connection with others. No happines here.

The heart has endured and suffered great losses, this love of yours holds too many secrets that it is a burden to uphold. And yet to shed light on them, to seek healing by revealing secrets will only ensare and derail your movement.

And so these changes you long for are long overdue, it looks like you seek a change for the better, regardless if that is with her or not, despite your torured love for each other. There is a subtle hint that if you asses your losses and start sending out messages to see what options there are for you to change your soldier life for something different, likely through a friend, you will find other options besides staying or going with her. This road is not easy either but profitable and satisfying in the long run.

In the end happiness for you is tricky, there is no full satisfaction whichever road you pick but you can find fulfillment. It is up to you to choose and keep going letting your choice reveal whatever life has in store.

Going with her will lead to enless strife, anxiety and no full healing, and she will end up leaving due to an offer for a "job" from another. You will watch her leave and be faced with the arduous and drawn task of enduring the unraveling of that last attempt. Caveat, you will succeed in overcoming this last inflictment of pain.

If you stay, nothing will change, it is a road of loss, isolation, and depression.

I say take her offer but be weary, use it to your advantage.

I'm not a versed grand tableau reader! I hope this all makes sense. :?
20200921_211345(1)_copy_693x451.jpg
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Sorry for being so late in getting back to you. I'm finally here!

Thank you for the reading. You’re brave even trying a grand tableau! Good for you!

The source for my question is a combination of the 2014 BBC series The Musketeers and the English translation of the original novel The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas, 1844.
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 Starting with the first three and then I will look at the house, anchor, heart, lady, man, stork.

This love affair is a fated cycle that has doomed and clouded your home, your safety, and brought more complications than advantages. (Clearly by your story!)
That about sums it up!
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 Staying will leave you isolated, your stability dependent on the sharpness you bring to your job as a soldier for, the memory of her and your obsession with her eroding all sense of connection with others. No happiness here.
Hmm, the longing and the regrets poison everything and all relationships.
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 The heart has endured and suffered great losses, this love of yours holds too many secrets that it is a burden to uphold. And yet to shed light on them, to seek healing by revealing secrets will only ensnare and derail your movement.
I agree! I (Rachel) put the idea of healing together into the question, but I so don’t believe it would work! Because of the secrets and lack of trust. And a good point, when the secrets are revealed, they won’t be helpful to know. They’ll just drive them further apart.
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 And so these changes you long for are long overdue, it looks like you seek a change for the better, regardless if that is with her or not, despite your tortured love for each other. There is a subtle hint that if you assess your losses and start sending out messages to see what options there are for you to change your soldier life for something different, likely through a friend, you will find other options besides staying or going with her. This road is not easy either but profitable and satisfying in the long run.
Wow, that’s interesting. So change would be good, but not with her. Again, I agree completely. In the series, the change in his life was going away with a different (good) woman. But since he’s one of the musketeers, he also has very close friends who can help, if he lets them.
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 In the end happiness for you is tricky, there is no full satisfaction whichever road you pick but you can find fulfillment. It is up to you to choose and keep going letting your choice reveal whatever life has in store.
Yes, yes! The most important thing that he needs to know is that he has a choice. His future is in his hands. He’s felt that he was completely bound by his past and his regrets. But this is an opportunity to make his own future.
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 Going with her will lead to endless strife, anxiety and no full healing, and she will end up leaving due to an offer for a "job" from another. You will watch her leave and be faced with the arduous and drawn task of enduring the unraveling of that last attempt. Caveat, you will succeed in overcoming this last infliction of pain.

If you stay, nothing will change, it is a road of loss, isolation, and depression.
Such an interesting outcome: Don’t take either choice. And again, I agree, if he goes with her, there won’t be any resolution, just more pain of abandonment, and the pain of knowing that she can’t or won’t change for him. And if he stays, nothing will change.
qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44 I say take her offer but be wary, use it to your advantage.
But take this as an opportunity to make a third, different choice. I love it!

As you can see, for some reason I’m really invested in this story! Your reading tracked with my opinion completely, but not with his. I wonder if you picked up on my vibes, not the fictional questioner's?

Could I ask you to list some of cards you depended on for your various interps? I’m a perennial lenormand newbie, so I’m interested. (If it’s too much trouble, don’t worry. I’ll try to reverse-engineer from your pic!)

Thanks for the reading! You were definitely on target, at least where I though it should be going!

qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Oh so great to hear that a lot of things aligned with how you saw the situation. I think it's interesting you bring up that question about whether I picked up on your vibes. I think there is some entanglement possible. You are him at that moment asking me the question, but you as him already have an opinion on how he should approach his next choices in life. So there might have been entanglement there somehow. I think your opinion of the character is sound, and given that the character as actor not privy to his own life "script" he doesn't often see the best steps forward because he can't see the bigger picture. You as the viewer have more depth and maybe even nuance in assessing the situation because you see more than he does, beyond his scope. And since the character cannot see beyond his moment, he might not make the best decisions, hence why he doesn't believe or feel as you mentioned that he is stuck and can only play with two options. There might be something there with you viewing him then asking a question as him.

As for going through how I linked or joined the cards, definitely give me a moment and I will try to break it down.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

qndynes wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 01:44
Should I go with her to an uncertain future or stay here in almost certain continued misery?
Starting with the first three and then I will look at the house, anchor, heart, lady, man, stork.

This love affair is a fated cycle that has doomed and clouded your home, your safety, and brought more complications than advantages. (Clearly by your story!) (The first line of cards leading up to you)

Staying will leave you isolated, your stability dependent on the shaprness you bring to your job as a shoulder for, the memory of her and your obsession with her eroding all sense of connection with others. No happines here. (Anchor+scythe+tower+lady)

The heart has endured and suffered great losses, this love of yours holds too many secrets that it is a burden to uphold. And yet to shed light on them, to seek healing by revealing secrets will only ensnare and derail your movement. (the whole bottom line starting from heart with the mice crowning the sun)

And so these changes you long for are long overdue, it looks like you seek a change for the better, regardless if that is with her or not, despite your torured love for each other. There is a subtle hint that if you asses your losses and start sending out messages to see what options there are for you to change your soldier life for something different, likely through a friend, you will find other options besides staying or going with her. This road is not easy either but profitable and satisfying in the long run. (The whole second line yet starting with the ship and also looking at what around the stork)

In the end happiness for you is tricky, there is no full satisfaction whichever road you pick but you can find fulfillment. It is up to you to choose and keep going letting your choice reveal whatever life has in store. (looking at the four corner card paths+ fish+rider+lillies and the cards above or below them)

Going with her will lead to endless strife, anxiety and no full healing, and she will end up leaving due to an offer for a "job" from another. You will watch her leave and be faced with the arduous and drawn task of enduring the unraveling of that last attempt. Caveat, you will succeed in overcoming this last piercing pain. (looking at the cards around the lady before and after, then at the ship and the cards after the ship)

If you stay, nothing will change, it is a road of loss, isolation, and depression. (the anchor)

I say take her offer but be weary, use it to your advantage.

I'm not a versed grand tableau reader! I hope this all makes sense. :?

20200921_211345(1)_copy_693x451.jpg
I am definitely practicing and focusing on the GT as I feel lenormand shines in a GT, it's so rich and direct. I would love to get better at reading lenormand and incorporating distance, near and far. I don't like reading diagonals, in a tableau, I like vertical and horizontal lines, with the caveat that I look at knighted cards, mirror cards, and the cards that crown the main players in the question/tableau.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, that's amazing. I'm in awe. Really. I don't know if I'll ever get to grand tableau status! You have definitely succeeded. I've looked at your cards, but I'll have to look again to get the full gist. Thanks for listing them out!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

bravo! on your grande tableau.
I'm proud of you!!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Lenny for Laughs: Hosted by Joan Marie”