This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LEN Rachelcat reads for qndynes

Rachelcat
Sage

LEN Rachelcat reads for qndynes

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! Good to partner with you again! I look forward to your character's question!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
qndynes
Sage

Re: LEN Rachelcat reads for qndynes

Post by qndynes »

Hello! Yes lovely to partner up again, I've been really immersed with learning lenormand these past couple months so this should be excellent practice.

Here goes my question...
Why did the devil choose out of others to teach me the dark arts? (I hope this question is not too "dark." As a hint this is from a Saint's hagiography and also from a play Percy B. Shelley wrote/translated)
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

qndynes wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 16:08 Why did the devil choose out of others to teach me the dark arts?
I am not an accomplished reader, so I am going to lay out five cards and see what we get.

q 9-19-20.jpg

He chose you because you are not an ordinary man, easily tempted with money or personal gain. He knew you desired a total life change that would lead to great spiritual growth. The temptation for you, as it was for Adam and Eve, was the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He thought he could catch you by showing you great evil beside great good, and he hoped you would choose the power over others of evil rather than the power over yourself of good.

I may have embellished a bit, but please let me know if this is anywhere near the mark!

qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Rachelcat wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 19:41
qndynes wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 16:08 Why did the devil choose out of others to teach me the dark arts?
I am not an accomplished reader, so I am going to lay out five cards and see what we get.

q 9-19-20.jpg

He chose you because you are not an ordinary man, easily tempted with money or personal gain. He knew you desired a total life change that would lead to great spiritual growth. The temptation for you, as it was for Adam and Eve, was the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He thought he could catch you by showing you great evil beside great good, and he hoped you would choose the power over others of evil rather than the power over yourself of good.

I may have embellished a bit, but please let me know if this is anywhere near the mark!
I asked the question as St. Cyprian of Antioch, specifically as he is presented in El magico prodigioso by Pedro Calderón de la Barca translated by PB Shelley.

The cards that appeared are quite beautiful, the devil showed up to him in a wild place by the sea, at night, I see that as the fishes there after the mane and the tree at the end, almost as if bringing the key to a change in the young Cyprian's life that he himself longed for but didn't know. St. Cyprian was not ordinary person, raised in all the "pagan" arts. He was a person longing for knowledge and knowing, so definitely yes I can see how the devil finds this appealing, a good disciple for his arts. Knowledge of good and evil, yes that too.

I think it's a good reading, salvation cam through a curious quest to win the heart of a lady, she was a devout maiden of Jesus and hence through his incapability to win her through his dark art, he realized there was magic stronger than the devils. and decided to follow the religion of the maiden St. Justina.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Interesting story! No lady card, but maybe the storks and their nest say he wanted to make a new life with a partner?

I kind of embellished the tree. The tree of Eden popped in my head, and I went with it!

Thanks for the feedback and cool character to read for!

Return to “Lenny for Laughs: Hosted by Joan Marie”