This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Lenny for Laughs: September Sign-ups!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Lenny for Laughs: September Sign-ups!

Post by Joan Marie »

It's Back and With a NEW NAME!
Yes folks, sharpen your Lenormand skills the fun, safe way with Lenny For Laughs Reading Circle.

Don't let the name fool you though! This is a seriously great way to practice and learn Lenormand.

If you are not familiar with Lenny for Laughs reading, have a gander at this fine description of it provided by one of our experienced participants:
dodalisque wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 23:24 These Fanciful Readings (now called Lenny for Laughs) are usually suicide missions, so start with the assumption that you're not going to get it right. That allows you to take insane risks and make preposterous guesses, which increases the chances of miraculous coincidences. Usually the real work starts after the reading when we both look for things in the cards that might have given a clue to a perfectly clairvoyant reader. Working backwards, from solution to question, we both try to find the actual story in the cards. If you are really new to Lenormand I should say that the appeal of it is that it releases tarot devotees from the need to be subtle and "psychological" and instead allows us to return to old-fashioned material world circus tent predictions.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

If this sound intriguing to you, please read on!

Here's how it works: The sitter poses as a character from fiction. It can be from a book, TV show, Movie, cartoon, legend, whatever you like. The sitter then poses a question to the reader that the fictional character would ask based on their situation. (Don't name your source, really pose the question as if you are the character looking for answers.) From The Flintstones to The Great Gatsby, from Shakespeare to John Grisham, all sources are valid and are fountains of intriguing dilemmas for you to embody and present to your reader.

The reader then tries to answer the question using any Lenormand spread they choose. I found starting with 5 or 7 cards works well but go nuts and try out your Grande Tableau. I promise, no one gets hurt!

Using a fictional character, you can really work with some interesting questions that, fortunately or unfortunately, would not likely come up in our real lives. You can use any character but sometimes it's fun to choose a minor character. But it's up to you.

Also, since there are no real stakes, readers can really "say what they see" without worrying about any real-life repercussions. This can be really freeing.

Afterward, you can discuss the reading very objectively and compare styles and techniques openly, helping each other to learn and understand.

**It is not necessarily the goal to predict how the actual story unfolded (although it's pretty exciting when it does!) All predictions are valid and make for interesting readings and lively analysis.

If you want to see an example, check out some previous readings. You'll get a feeling for how it works and also how much fun we had. You'll also see some of the really astonishing results we got.

I hope you'll join us! This is a great exercise for beginners and experienced Lenormand readers alike.

Dates:
Respond here to sign up by September 12.
Partners assigned September 13.
Readings posted by September25.
Feedback posted by September 30.

The more the merrier!
Thanks everyone!

BTW- if you want to play but don't have a Lenny deck (yet) there is a 5-card computer draw on my website you can use. (scroll down a little bit, you'll see it.)
You can take a screenshot of it for your post OR just name the cards and I'll post them for you.

To join in, just reply to this post. On the 15th I'll assign you a partner and away we go. Easy-peasy!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Lenny for Laughs: September Sign-ups!

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! I like the new name! And I'd like to join! Now to think of a question. Even though it's easier than thinking of a question for myself!

Thanks for leading us!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Sign me up, please.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Yes PLEASE! Sign me up. :D
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

We have a really good group forming here for Lenny for Laughs!

There are still a couple days left to sign up. This is a really fun way to explore Lenormand reading. I hope you'll give it a try!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Lenny for Laughs: Hosted by Joan Marie”