This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Sign UP: Tarot Houses / "Cadillac" spread

Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM Sign UP: Tarot Houses / "Cadillac" spread

Post by Charlie Brown »

Dates:
Respond here to sign up by September 12.
Partners assigned September 13.
Readings posted by September25.
Feedback posted by September 30.

This month, we've got a big one. After being requested several times, we're going to tackle this All-Majors that uses a technique akin to Lenormand Houses. I'm skeptical, but curious. Let's dig deep. What's the worst that could happen?

https://marykgreer.com/2018/08/27/the-c ... id-spread/

To sign-up, simply respond to this thread.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Tarot Houses / "Cadillac" spread

Post by Rachelcat »

Please count me in! I like the chaining thing and the pyramid thing -- two great tastes that taste great together!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
dodalisque
Sage

Re: TdM Sign UP: Tarot Houses / "Cadillac" spread

Post by dodalisque »

Oh no! You called my bluff. I suppose I have to sign up now. To get a real feel for the "chaining" technique, I set myself a 7 card minimum and decided to scrap any draws that didn't reach that number. The first time I tried this spread the Fool appeared as the 4th card, so I had to reshuffle and start again. The second time, as in Mary Greer's example, the Fool was the 20th card to appear! Exhausting! CB, you ask: what's the worst that could happen? The Fool could have been the 21st card.

You could let the first card - the "outlier" as Flornoy calls it - suggest a question if the client doesn't have anything in particular he/she wants to ask. This spread is great to use for a "live" reading because the tension builds with each card selected until the Fool shows up. Writing it out is awkward but hopefully an interesting challenge.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: TdM Sign UP: Tarot Houses / "Cadillac" spread

Post by Charlie Brown »

So I guess well do as follows:

Dodalisque reads for RachelCat
RachelCat reads for Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown reads for Dodalisque.
I believe in Crystal Light.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille: Hosted by Charlie Brown”