This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Amoroso's Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2020 - Santa Muerte Tarot

Amoroso
Sage

Amoroso's Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2020 - Santa Muerte Tarot

Post by Amoroso »

In my Midsummer Sacred Days, I mentioned reading exclusively with dark decks for the remaining signposts of this year. With all the sturm und drang going on, I thought it would be fitting. If events continue on the same vein, I may yet again use dark decks for my 2021 Sacred Days, but with an interesting twist that I just devised.

In any case, the Santa Muerte would be perfect for this Autumn Equinox. With the Day of the Dead falling under this season, I feel sanguine about getting a resonant reading. And really, the art in this deck is just amazing.

I'll be interpreting the cards based on the creator's intended meanings/associations, although I'd also be drawing on my personal knowledge of what they generally stand for. Since the theme of the deck leans shadowy I shall refrain from using reversals, at least for this reading.

IMG_20200924_093426.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Re: Amoroso's Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2020 - Santa Muerte Tarot

Post by Amoroso »

1. Ludi Magni Games – September 18

I think it's quite auspicious that I drew a card of initiation - the Ace of Wands - to kick off my Autumnal Sacred Days. It suggests that starting a new endeavor, one that has been brewing in the back of my mind for quite awhile, would bring me the most joy this season. It's more play than work, really, so it fits the raison behind this day to a T.

IMG_20200924_090933.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

2. Day of Our Lady of La Salette – September 19

The 3 of Cups intimates that in tough times, I draw hope from pondering my past victories, reliving how I triumphed over sometimes ridiculous odds in order to stoke my self-belief.

For this season, the best way I can proceed in my spiritual journey is by avoiding being too serious or ponderous, approaching it all in a spirit of celebration and gratitude.

IMG_20200924_090840.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

3. Sedna, Inuit Goddess of the Sea – September 20

The Ace of Swords opines that the best way for me to confront my fears is by being thoroughly logical and rational, calming the emotional turmoil they so easily inspire before facing them. In exploring the manifold options and thereby drafting the pragmatic actions that I may take in order to at least curb them, I must always maintain a clear and level head.

IMG_20200924_090804.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

4. Eleusinia – September 21

The 9 of Wands reveals that the constant urge to defend what I believe is right even to the point of impracticability is what currently fuels my episodes of melancholy. It may be tied to some deep-seated insecurities, so I must affirm to myself time and time again that I have always had the wherewithal, the strength to overcome sundry adversities.

I must turn away from preoccupations that are fundamentally useless, that only serve to bog me down. I should always look towards the future and believe that in the end, everything would turn out as I wish, provided that I tirelessly pursue goals that would enormously benefit me and my family.

IMG_20200924_090720.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

5. Meditrinalia – September 22

This is my first major in this reading, and what a beaut it is.

The Devil advises that the best way that I can heal myself of the sense of ennui, of the aimlessness and sloth that currently plague me is by rekindling my passion, my zeal for the things that I believe in and in the dreams that I have always wanted to achieve. I must establish a winning mindset, recapture the audacity and hunger I've once had if I want to escape this numbing plateau.

This also ties in with my La Salette Day card in that it acknowledges that I draw strength from inculcating a deep confidence in my self, in all the achievements that I may yet achieve in the future by reflecting on the hurdles and vicissitudes that I triumphed against in the past.

IMG_20200924_090614.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

What a beautiful deck!!!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

It is! Can't help but admire all the vibrant colors and the heady profusion of flowers in each card.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

6. Autumn Solstice - Libra - Mabon – September 23

I just reached the halfway point with two cards that have conflicting elements, warning of certain issues that I must work through this autumn.

The 7 of Wands portends that this is a time of great enterprise and growth, fueled by a bullish fearlessness that's buoyed by my adherence to tried and tested principles that have been proven to work. While this provides me a considerable impetus to be aggressive in my pursuits, the King of Cups exhorts me to always be considerate towards the people around me, and work on how I relate to others. This would net me more support in my undertakings, enabling me to execute my plans more smoothly and effectively.

I should work on my emotional maturity - with the frenetic activity that this season brings I might not notice any regression on that point. I must not hesitate to ask the counsel of those who are wiser or more experienced than I am if I come across significant obstacles, and not give in to the rash impulse to just run them down. I have to avoid being unnecessarily combative.

IMG_20200924_090514.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

7. Maiso, Brazilian Mother Goddess – September 24

The 6 of Pentacles announces that the parental facets that I must focus on for this season are stability, industry, and generosity. I must not waste my time so that I can give more of myself outside of the office. I should work hard and train myself to be more focused so that I'd be able to provide better for the people whom I cherish. Especially in these uncertain times I must never forget what drives me, what I hold most important.

IMG_20200924_090324.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

8. Greek Pyanopsia – September 25

The Hermit represents notable progress in my quest for maturity and wisdom after a period of prolonged albeit productive isolation. I must take care lest the prudence and illumination that I gained within this period devolves into abnegation and torpor. I am thankful that the introspective mindset that I am in the process of developing will enable me to withstand crises later on. I would soon have to proceed further along my path though, lest I trap myself in a situation that grows increasingly disadvantageous.

IMG_20200924_090137.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

9. Holiday of Neptune – September 26

The Sun's advice is rather straightforward. In order to deal with my anger issues, I just have to take a broader perspective of any situation. This usually exposes unconsidered advantages that may turn the odds in my favor. A rational, constructive approach would enable me to take effective charge, allowing me to pursue my objectives with little resistance.

This ties in with the self-belief and empowerment espoused by my Meditrinalia card, which is another major. I should allay my anxieties by being optimistic: I always perform my due diligence anyway so the prospect of success is almost assured. I should tackle my projects with a focused energy, with clear-sighted discernment and serenity in order to be more effective.

This is a very propitious card, boding well for my ventures. Pondering this should be an effective countermeasure against any incipient negativity.

IMG_20200924_090014.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

10. Vendémiaire – September 27

That's three majors in a row!

Temperance acknowledges that in the past year, I've been able to achieve a sense of balance in the compartmentalization and execution of my affairs. Through successful action, I've obtained a measure of protection and inner harmony, although some emotional conflicts admittedly remain. Overall, it still counts as a worthy victory.

However, I should not let this get to my head as there's still much room for improvement. After all, equilibrium takes constant work. It does become easier and almost natural to achieve once a propensity for it insinuates itself onto one's nature.

IMG_20200924_085929.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

11. Maha Navami – September 28

Four straight majors! That's five majors in just eleven days, which underscores how pivotal this autumn is going to be, at least for me. The hands of Fate are at work - I just hope it's going to be in my favor.

I'm thrilled that I drew The Magician. What a lucky pick, especially since today is all about reflecting on a victory that I wish to achieve in the next three months. This dovetails perfectly with the Ludi Magni card that I drew on the very first sacred day.

For that, I already had a project in mind, and its fulfillment is the triumph I've envisioned now. Seeing how I got an Ace of Wands then, and how it numerically/esoterically corresponds to today's Magician, I can't help but feel extremely bullish about my prospects. My undertaking is going to be difficult to pull off, requiring a lot of work, adaptive planning, and effort so initially I won't have wagered much for its success. But The Magician's preternatural powers of manifestation and ingenuity are considerable, and with the Arcana of the Will guiding this endeavor, I am now, more than ever, assured of its realization.

IMG_20200924_085856.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

12. Rosh HaShana – September 29

On the final sacred day of the season, the 2 of Swords adjures me to be more patient and forbearing towards my family, always keeping in mind how important they are to me. That does not mean shying away from confrontation - but these must be made in the spirit of conciliation, so that misunderstandings will be cleared up. Grudges left to fester will ultimately rot, but these may be avoided if there's a sincere effort to communicate mutual concerns and resolve them. The equitable resolution of conflicts with an eye towards eventual collaboration is key here.

I noticed that eight out of the thirteen cards that I drew for this fall involve yang elements, portending great activity for this autumn. This is not the time to slack off. I must take the initiative and be proactive in realizing my goals.

IMG_20200924_085820.jpg
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2020: Hosted by Nemia”