This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Welcome to the Autumnal Equinox Group Reading 2020

Nemia
Sage

Welcome to the Autumnal Equinox Group Reading 2020

Post by Nemia »

Is it possible that the Wheel of Time rolls so quickly? I feel as though I just put away my deck for the Summer Solstice reading, but here we go again. We're getting closer to the Autumnal Equinox, and that means we'll celebrate it in style - by holding a twelve-day group reading.

If the whole idea is new to you, you may read more about the Four Corners of the Year in this thread. I started in Summer 2017 to give myself the gift of a group reading in touch with cosmic and human rhythms, and it has become one of the cornerstones of my tarot practice. It's a grounding practice - grounding me with the sun and earth, but also connecting me with the fellowship of the tarot journey.

Each day, we tune in to special days celebrated by different human cultures. If you would like to replace one of the spread positions, feel free to do so. For Southern Hemisphere users, the autumn experience will be a spring experience - let us Northeners participate, please, and adapt the spread for your needs.

What do you have to do if you want to participate? Think about it until September 18, because that's when we start. Until then, you can participate in this thread, tell us which deck you'd like to use, and enjoy the preparation. Then, copy the spread positions and start your own thread in this group reading subforum. It works best if you add your name and the name of the deck.

If you feel drawing a card for 12 days and posting your daily reading here is too much, don't worry. You can do the reading in portions or post it in portions. There are no rules except for one: enjoy the experience.

Sacred Days of Autumnal Equinox 2020

Day 1 18.9. Ludi magni games - Roman games in honour of the god Jupiter, celebrated with circus performances. This card reflects the spirit of celebration in your life, and how you can bring more joy and playfulness to yourself and others.

Day 2 19.9. Day of Our Lady of La Salette - an apparition of the Christian Mother of God/Holy Virgin. She brings message of hope to humanity. Where is your personal source of hope and spirituality?

Day 3 20.9. Sedna, Inuit Goddess of the Sea - This card asks you to address your fears and shadows before the winter comes, like the Inuit did in their Sedna festival.

Day 4 21.9. Eleusinia - an ancient Greek holiday, commemorating Demeter and Persephone. She has to leave the world of of growth and abundance and descend to the realm of death. This card reflects grief, sadness and the traces of tears in your life. Acknowledge and honour them.

Day 5 22.9. Meditrinalia - an ancient Greek holiday honoring the goddess of healing. Think about your healing process and how you can continue it. Where do you draw strength from? How can you heal and nurture yourself in the future? Pamper yourself today and close these twelve days of introspection with healing thoughts.

Day 6 23.9. Autumn Solstice - Libra - Mabon - the day of perfect equilibrium. A day for two cards. What is growing in your life, what is decreasing? This two-card reading reflects the balance of your energies and, if there is imbalance, what you need to address.

Day 7 24.9. Brazil holiday of Maiso, mother goddess - what is the role of your mother in your life, how do you mother yourself/father yourself? Reflect on the maternal/paternal archetypes within yourself, and how you can make them work for you, not against you.

Day 8 25.9. Greek holiday Pyanopsia - Thanksgiving for the fruits of the sun. Wind white or purple wool around a laurel or olive branch, and hang or arrange fruit around it. These don't have to be actual fruit - you can write on a paper things that you are grateful for. What is the fruit of your past action, ripening now?

Day 9 26.9. Holiday of Neptune - This is a card about anger and anger management. Contemplate about how you deal with negative feelings. Is there a way to tranform negative energies into positive ones, making your anger pull your carriage and drive you on?

Day 10 27.9. Vendémiaire - month of the grape harvest in the French revolutionary calendar month. Raise your glass to your big and small achievements in the last year, either with wine or grape juice, and enjoy your success.

Day 11 28.9. Maha Navami - a Hindu holiday celebrating goddess Durga's victory over a demon. Part of the celebrations is chanting. Reflect on a victory you want to win over the next three months, and devise a chant for it. Write it down where you can see it and envision the joy you will feel when you reach this goal.

Day 12 29.9. Rosh HaShana - beginning of the Jewish New Year. It's a Jewish custom to send greetings and good wishes to people in your life. Use this day to focus on the people who are important to you, what you can do to strengthen your ties to them, and contact at least one person you have neglected lately.
Nemia
Sage

Re: Welcome to the Autumnal Equinox Group Reading 2020

Post by Nemia »

There is no doubt in my mind which deck is going to carry me through this reading. I knew it when I opened the box! It's the Button Soup Tarot, of course! My thanks go to Joan Marie and all the wonderful, gifted people who brought this deck into the world. I'm very excited about using it for the first time in the celebration of a season I love so much.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'll join in! Not sure what deck yet. Hmm, must consider . . . I'll let you know. But I'm definitely planning on being part of the group! Thanks for leading us!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Joined the Autumn group for the last two years so I'm not going to miss out on this one.
Start strong
End stronger
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I really love these readings and it feels like this next one is going to be really important.

I'm still trying to decide which deck to use, but I'm sure something will speak to me soon.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

I want to do this. I think I'll use my new Hush Tarot.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Isn't it great? We start with the New Moon! Rosh HaShana is early this year but we'll keep the plan as it is. It's always fluctuating anyway.

Those three months between readings certainly fly by faster year after year....
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Dear all, this reading is over now, the Equinox is behind us, and soon, we'll feel that the days are indeed getting shorter (or longer, depending on where you live). We are on our continous journey around the Sun and have now taken the corner that takes us towards Winter Solstice.

May we and the world be healthy and happy until we take out our Winter Solstice cards. These are difficult times and where I live, they're incredibly hard. But we have to go on and do what we're good at, for the good of humanity and ourselves. Tarot is one of the things I love and not for the first time, tarot is thread I catch in order to pull myself up from the bog.

Blessings to all and thank you for participating!

Return to “Sacred Days of the Autumnal Equinox 2020: Hosted by Nemia”