This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 35 Fey Tarot

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 35 Fey Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

This is one of those great decks that was a must-have, and then I never used it. It seemed so special that I was hesitant to jump right in with it, then other (many other!) decks intervened, including the Thoth, and now I only read seriously with pips decks, so . . . That’s what My Deck of the Week is for! I’m happy to share it with you this week. In case it becomes a must-have for you too, it’s still in print; I just checked the 2020 Llewellyn tarot catalog. I’m also happy to be working with a tarot this week. Oracles two weeks in a row had me hankering for a good old Page of Swords or Empress!

Interview time!

Sunday.jpg

Most important characteristic: Queen of swords
The deck is both an intellectual and emotional delight. It’s a good teacher, connecting with me through both thoughts and feelings.

Strength: Ace of wands
It’s full of energy that can be used in many different ways. It grows on you! It has an organic energy.

Weakness: 2 Chalices
You either love it or hate it. Or cards that show interactions between characters are not its strongest cards. (I almost said strong suit. Card metaphors: good or bad idea?)

What can it teach me? 4 Chalices
The deck can teach me to relax and let the emotional tone of the illustrations do the work for me.

How I can learn it: Emperor
This is a very airy emperor. Everything, including his sword, is up in the air. I love the winged unicorn puppy. (He makes his appearance on at least one other card.) I can learn from this deck if I make the paradoxical executive decision to give up some control.

Outcome of our work together: 3 Wands
Again, wands are very organic in this deck. This illustrates a manifestation (3) of energy (wands). Not only has the star that the fey planted now manifest in a beautiful plant, it’s an energy (light)-emitting plant. The outcome I achieve with this deck will depend on the energy I put into it, and what grows will be obvious.

Have a very happy week ahead, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 35 Fey Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Why the Who is in the What

Monday.jpg

In the intellectual realm, I will celebrate my relationships and friendships in a clever, individual way. Because I’m willing to go with the flow and take chances I usually wouldn’t.

I love all the illustrations, and this is one of the greatest Fools ever. He has a hundred keys but doesn’t unlock his brain. Instead, he’s fascinated by the jack-o’-lantern. And I like a spooky ace of swords.

Have a great Monday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Rachel’s Magic Square Spread simple

Tuesday.jpg

Me: Queen of chalices, King of wands, 4 Swords
I’m kind of going to extremes, either all on or all off, in my search for rest and peace. Although this 4 Swords doesn’t look like real rest, only a pause to prepare for the next battle.

Issue: Chariot, Knave of chalices, King of swords
So many court cards today! I need to move forward with my work and deal with an introvert and a stickler for details!

Advice: 6 Chalices, 10 Wands, Knight of swords
Be myself (Knight of swords), and even if I feel overwhelmed, remember I’m really in a good place.

Past: Queen of chalices, Chariot, 6 Chalices
In the past, I was more emotional (Cancer sun) who was moving forward to experience universal love.

Present: King of wands, Knave of chalices, 10 Wands
Now, I’m balancing action and intuition, and it’s stressing me out a little.

Future: 4 Swords, King of swords, Knight of swords
In the future, my intellectual side will be featured, and I’ll grow from a follower to a leader.

Hmm, I’ll have to think about this for a while. But I’m starting to see how it applies to my life right now.

Have a great day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Elemental Star

Wednesday.jpg

Earth: 9 Swords
My weight and health is just like that sword hanging over me. I’m guilty and ashamed. There’s only one (actually easy) thing to do about it, like she can just get up and walk out the door and up the stairs.

Water: Knave of swords
I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about things. I’m not emotionally intelligent. I always feel like a kid when I have to deal with emotional situations. And they’re all emotions situations!

Air: 3 Chalices
A cups card in the air position reflects back to the swords card in the water position. Sometimes I don’t have to figure it out, I just have to feel it and go with it.

Fire: Tower
This isn’t a very fiery tower. It’s more like, “hmm, now what do I do when pterodactyls are flying below me and my tower?” I guess that’s it. I’m questioning what to do (fire) now that everything has seemed to lose its foundations.

Spirit: Queen of chalices
And here she is, tipping the air-water balance definitely toward water. But in the spirit position, I think she means I should withdraw, be still, and then pay attention to my intuition. Kind of an answer to the Tower question.

Wow, this actually makes sense! And I do enjoy reading these intriguing illustrations!

Happy Wednesday to you all!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Why the who is in the what

Thursday.jpg

I’ll be disappointed that I won’t be able to understand something for work because things change so often you just don’t know what will happen.

Love this ace: she’s working on something tangible on her own body. (And she has pets, too!)

And the Wheel: Time and eternity are rearranging people’s lives just because they can and that’s what they do.

And, yes, even the 5 Chalices. It perfectly captures how you feel when you break something, that moment in time when you have to fully face the truth of impermanence.

Have a lovely Thursday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
On Sunday, I’m going with my son to shop for an engagement ring for his girlfriend. How will the ring buying go?
Wirth Courtroom Spread

Friday.jpg

Against: Empress
We have a preconceived notion of beauty and what the young lady likes. Or we will fail to consider what SHE likes and pick what WE like. (I admit to being rather opinionated in matters of taste.) Here’s the winged unicorn puppy! I knew I’d seen him before. Such a sweet way to show the nurturing of the Empress.

For: 4 Swords
Although already having our minds made up can be helpful. It will narrow down the search, and we won’t have to look at everything. And we’ll also be sensible and prepared, not distracted by every pretty and expensive thing.

Advice: Temperance
Although this Temperance seems a little too much on the watery side, the advice is to keep an open mind and a balance between fire and water, action and feeling. We shouldn’t just decide to get it over with, we should care how it feels, even as we’re practical and not carried away by our feelings. I never thought of Temperance as a bargain, but it can be a balance between desire and budget, getting your money’s worth.

Outcome: 6 Swords
We will be satisfied with what we decide. We’ll know we thought it through thoroughly and made the right choice.

Summary: Hermit
I need to remember that he has to make the final decision. He has to live with it the rest of his life. But looking at the Escher-like illustration, we also need to be aware that it will be confusing and seem overwhelming, even scary, at first. But with the 6 swords, we will overcome!

Wish us luck! Happy Friday to all!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day with the Fey.
Should I put any effort into sphere scrying? Elemental star again

Saturday.jpg

Earth: 7 Swords
I have enthusiasm for learning something new and for using the spheres I have. I want to do something with them, not just own them. BTW, is she translucent or a chameleon?

Water: 6 Swords
The subject is fascinating (like the sword in the card), but I feel like I need more clarity on it.

Air: 2 Cups
I’m intellectually equally attracted and repelled by it. It’s something I’d like to learn, but I feel turned off by practicing seeing things that aren’t there.

Fire: Devil
This is a fiery card for a fiery position. He’s eating perfectly good trees. The one not yet eaten looks like it’s a fey’s house, so this devil can be very destructive to people’s lives. It might be fun to learn about, but it could be dangerous? The danger that I see is as I said above, I don’t think it’s healthy to try to see things that aren’t there. (Cards are different. The names and illustrations are there, we see them and make up stories about them.) Or is there other danger I’m not seeing?

Spirit: Knave of chalices
I should stick with a more innocent, natural, emotional way of using my intuition. She is gently observing her cup and fish and opening her intuition, not forcing or pushing too hard. I think that the answer is no, I shouldn’t push this. Maybe I’ll be ready some other time, but I should stick with cards and whatever else I’m comfortable with.

Have a great weekend! I’ll be back tomorrow with something new!

Return to “Week 35 - My Deck of the Week”