This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

CharlotteK DoW: Tarot of Enchanted Dreams

CharlotteK
Sage

CharlotteK DoW: Tarot of Enchanted Dreams

Post by CharlotteK »

My deck this week is the Tarot of Enchanted Dreams by Yasmeen Westwood.

I have the mass market edition published by Red Feather (there was an earlier self-published version, reviewed by @Benebell here. It is huge, glossy, gilded and cardboardy and is very pretty. The box is one of those big, sturdy magnetic closure ones and is matte finish - I wonder why they made the cards so shiny?

This was an impulse purchase during early lockdown. I was quite fragile, still recovering from a bad burnout that peaked in late January/early February that had been building up for many months, if not years. I'd taken a couple of months or so off work and was trying to spend as much time in the woods as possible when lockdown hit and we were only allowed out once a day and had to stay close to home. I went back to work in early April, found a new kundalini yoga teacher and was obsessively crocheting. I felt very raw and this deck and it's feminine softness really appealed to me.

So what a funny thing then that I didn't even use it until now?

Anyhow, here it is now, begging to be used. And the card I drew for today is the Ace of Swords.

First thing I did after drawing this card is consult the book. This deck does have proper book, with full colour pictures of the cards. When there is a proper book, I personally feel it is only fair to the author to refer to it. Under the title is a quote from Jorah Mormont (GoT) no less - "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - which is interesting, as there are literally NO men in this deck, not a single one.

There are keywords I would expect to see - communication, mental clarity, focus, truth, justice, decision etc.
The section giving the meaning sums up with "take charge of your life and be the ruler of your world". Then there is a question about personal power, an affirmation on strengthening willpower and a task, to use my energy to take action on something I have been avoiding. I like the different elements here, a good jumping off point for reflection.

The image itself is a sword and a crown set against the background of a full moon. The palette is cool with splashes of colour, albeit muted. Around the sword is entwined a garland of reddish leaves (at least I think they are). Lightening strikes the tip of the sword, which then crackles down its length.

I get such a strong visual message from this card of being supercharged, being at peak power, getting ready to strike out and rule it all.

This is all good. I have been very productive today, and very focussed, clearing out parts of my home that have been much neglected, fomulating realistic plans for the coming weeks relating to personal growth and spiritual development, getting some tasks out of the way that I've been putting off. This card is very appropriate indeed.

A minor niggle is the crown seems a bit off in the picture, and could do with being moved a bit to the left so it appears to wrap around the sword rather than disappear into it, with a piece missing.

20200817_185620.jpg
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: CharlotteK DoW: Tarot of Enchanted Dreams

Post by Rachelcat »

Looking forward to seeing more of this deck! Welcome, thanks for joining us!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I've heard so much about this deck.
I did an interview with Yasmeen a while back.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2177
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Joan Marie wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 20:20 I've heard so much about this deck.
I did an interview with Yasmeen a while back.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2177
Oh wow, that's awesome! I didn't really know the background to this deck but gosh, I can understand why I was drawn to it, given the place I was in at the time. It was the only deck I bought for months. I really wish I'd made the effort to get it out sooner!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Doing two today - yesterday and today's.

Tuesday - Knight of Wands

So this card is one where the imagery was much more meaningful than the book description yesterday. The write up in the book is all about spontaneity, going on an adventure, trying something new, going exploring etc. Yet there I was yesterday at my desk all day, with an onslaught of incoming demands, still in quarantine and unable to even leave the house. Hmmm. That book description didn't quite resonate for me. Looking at the card however I see armour and flames - a helmet reflecting back the heat and light and radiating a bright light (from the third eye area). I was fire fighting yesterday. It was my first day back after a 2 week holiday and let's say I had prepared for what was to come, but it was still arduous. I had carried out a morning ritual drawing oracle cards for the day (consistent themes were owning personal power, being adaptable and strong, doing what needs to be done, supporting others). This card then worked for me when I took the image and those messages. The Knight of Wands has readied himself for the heat of the battle and is prepared to take whatever action needs to be taken, with insight and awareness.

Wednesday- Nine of Wands

"You may be exhausted fighting a battle" starts the book. Ah yes. Back to work for two days and despite my knightly preparations, I am indeed already tired from the battle against relentless busyness. I am advised to dig deep and find that last bit of will to keep going. Alarm bells rang at this point, because having burned out in a bad way earlier this year, I can't let myself get to that last gasp "just push through" stage because its a sign for me I've already pushed too far. The oracle cards I drew in my morning ritual advise me to fuel my inner flame and claim my creative forces, whilst making sure to cleanse myself physically and emotionally. I see where this is going and there is a line in the book about taking time to pause and reflect, to gather strength. The card itself is rather beautiful and I imagine the character asking the goddess to grant her strength and wisdom as she kneels and bows her head. This one hit home for sure.
20200819_211713.jpg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Another two today.

Thursday - Justice

I love the colours on this card, and the pillars and red curtains that frame the card. On the scales are a sword and a scroll. Justice here is about making objective decisions, taking responsibility, also being honest with yourself. I had to read this alongside my other oracle draws, where there was a strong theme of confusion, illusion and allowing myself to work organically through a swirling mass of emotions, being still and patient as the fog naturally passes. And what I drew from this is that it is very hard to make objective decisions when there is a heavy murkiness and it is important to be even clearer about the facts and evidence before deciding anything important. I chose notnto make too many decisions yesterday, and to err on the side of caution.

Friday - Seven of Pentacles

My oracles gave me the themes of personal vision, sacred intent, creative spark, enthusiasm, passion and self expression. Pentacles can often seem very boring, and here the book talks about harvesting, taking stock, toil, hard work, patience and fulfilment. It all seems very worthy. The card shows a tree bearing apples, and coins. But take the 'functionality' out of it a little, this could easily represent manifesting something with deep personal and spiritual meaning. Something meaningful, something of worth. I think I need to make a proper start on my contribution to the collaborative Oracle today. I've done a preliminary and very rough initial sketch.
20200821_111020.jpg

Return to “Week 34 - My Deck of the Week”