This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 34 Oracle of the Radiant Sun

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 34 Oracle of the Radiant Sun

Post by Rachelcat »

We had a discussion about this a while back, so it’s time to bring it out for some readings! The name is a bit of a misnomer because the deck consists of 1 card for each of 7 planets in each of the 12 signs. So only 12 are Sun. It calls the 7 groups suits, and they’re numbered 1 - 12 at the top in the order of the signs.

The cards have keywords. And each planet suit has its own card layout. For example, the Mars cards are divided into 3 rectangles, the bottom half and the top half divided in 2; Mercury cards are divided into 2 diagonally. It makes the artwork more interesting, and the same planet cards stand out in a spread.

The book is kind of confusing as a basic introduction to astrology, especially the spreads. They’re based on houses, and months, and ??? I think I’ll pass on them but try some of my own houses spread ideas. And I may pull into service my handy Keywords for Astrology book if I need more info than the card keywords.

Oh, I just remembered! This deck had the worst packaging ever! The cards were in two packs in a kind of cardboard well that was part of the back cover of the book! I’ve never seen any like it before or since, thankfully. I immediately cut the well from the cover and found an adorable bag for the cards.

Sunday 1.jpg

On to the interview!

Sunday 2.jpg

Most important characteristic: Saturn in Leo, Generosity
The deck puts everything it has out there for us to enjoy. What you see is what you get, and you get a lot! The showing off of Leo is manifest in the responsibility of Saturn. Responsibility to teach us something?

Strength: Saturn in Scorpio, Inheritance
Weakness: Saturn in Libra Devotion
More Saturn! I really did shuffle, I swear! Its strength is that it uses the traditional art, the firm foundation if you will, of astrology in a new way. On the other hand, it might be too traditional and faithful for the meaning to be really clear?

What can I learn? Venus in Leo, Affair
Here’s Leo again. This time we’re showing off our attractiveness and relationship. I can learn to be a bit flamboyant in my interpretations.

How can I learn it? Moon in Sagittarius, Optimism
I can learn it by being confident in my abilities, optimistic that I kind of know what I’m talking about!

Outcome of our work together: Venus in Taurus, Romance
And Venus again! I will enjoy the beauty of the object more than the intellectual side of it.

Well, we’ll see! I think tomorrow I’m going to pull the cards that represent my birth chart placements and see what that tells me!

Have a pleasant and prosperous week ahead, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 34 Oracle of the Radiant Sun

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
My planets

Monday.jpg

Moon in Taurus, Exaltation
The Moon is exalted in Taurus, but I don’t know what that means. Book says security and material wellbeing. Ah, yes, the cornucopia and flowers in their different growth stages.

Mercury in Leo, Drama
Flamboyant self-expression. I avoid real drama at any cost, but I can be a bit dramatic in normal life, just because it’s fun! And it’s a way to express myself.

Venus in Leo, Affair
I have a lot of Leo in my chart, as you see. I think affair is kind of extreme for this combination. I see it more as pleasure reflected back to myself. I guess it’s more affair than romance, because an affair is all about what’s in it for me. And showing off. I’ll only own pleasure in showing off: I like nice things, jewelry, clothes, etc. And I’m very opinionated about style and taste.

Sun in Cancer, Resourcefulness
The book says the crow is making his nest in the pot, resourcefully repurposing for home. I’ve never seen exactly this idea when reading about Cancer, but I like it. (It’s usually all about awash with emotions, etc., ok and home). Home is important to me, and I’ve had to be resourceful to keep my home in working order over the years!

Mars in Leo, Egotism
And here we are, the ultimate Leo card. I truly don’t think I’m an egotist, but I sometimes have a feeling that I’m special or different. (I’ve been reading The Pattern, an astro app that doesn’t tell you which astro thing they’re talking about, but I’m sure that section is this, Mars in Leo.) I haven’t engaged with this very much, I’m more interested to understand what Venus and Mars conjunct means, and three planets in Leo!

Jupiter in Scorpio, Manipulation
Scorpio really gets a bad rap; I feel sorry for Scorpio suns. I don’t own up to any manipulation, that’s just not me. I don’t really have hidden depths, not as they relate to other people, anyway. Now, being victim of manipulation, I can definitely relate. Maybe that’s the connection: it took me much too long to figure out what was going on there! Book says interest in psychology and mysticism, exploring hidden secrets of life. That sounds more like me!

Saturn in Capricorn, Riches
From your mouth to goddess’s ear! I’ve always been the breadwinner and keeper of the finances. I work for my money and I’m careful with it, but not miserly. If I could get as far as riches, I would be very happy indeed!

Have a happy and healthy week, everyone!

CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I haven't heard of this deck but as soon as I saw the images I knew instantly it was Caroline Smith artwork. How beautiful!

I wish I knew more about astrology. One day I'll have the time to learn :)
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Yes, the art is kind of magnetic, I'm drawn to it! Even though I'm a total astrology dilettante. But when you study tarot, astrology just kind of seeps in unseen . . .!

Tuesday
Random houses: I’m drawing 3 house cards from another astrology deck, Astrology Reading Cards, and then 3 Oracle of the Radiant Sun cards to go with them. Let’s see what we get!

backs.jpg
Tuesday.jpg

All three are Jupiter! And, as usual, my concentration is on learning, third and ninth houses.

Third house: Jupiter in Sagittarius, Principle
Today I’ll learn why we do things a certain way, not just how to do it.

Ninth house: Jupiter in Aries, Enterprise
Today is the first day I’m leading a small group of staff as a support for new employees as we work from home. It’s only 5 people, and we’re just supposed to have a zoom chat. But it’s kind of the first thing I’ve ever led at work. So it’s broadening my horizons and I’m just going for it without much preparation. Sounds like Aries!

Seventh house: Jupiter in Leo, Publicity
In the group, I might talk too much about my “work wives,” my friends I go to when I have questions or need help. My relationships will be publicized. As an example of what we’re trying to do with the new hires.

Well, it all seems a bit fuzzy. I need to go back to using “regular” tarot spreads I think.

Have a beautiful day, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday, new moon in Leo, Corn Moon
Let’s try the Oracle with a largish spread, 9 cards.

Wednesday.jpg

The abundance I seek: Mercury in Sagittarius, Discovery
Interesting. I seek abundance so I can do things, travel and learn.

My relationship to abundance: Jupiter in Libra, Negotiation
I know the world doesn’t owe me a living. I have to work for it and balance my budget.

How can I be more open to abundance? Jupiter in Pisces, Seduction
(I’m leaving out the keyword, and looking at Pisces instead.) I have to be aware that there is more to abundance than just what I said above, work hard and be sensible in spending. There are hidden motivations and processes at work in the economy; the invisible hand can easily turn into an invisible foot applied to my savings!

An obstacle in my path: Mercury in Cancer, Intuition
Sometimes my feelings overcome my common sense. As we learned in Mary Greer’s intuition class, you have to trust your intuition, BUT not everything that pops into your head is trustworthy.

How can I clear the obstacle? Mars in Virgo, Criticism
Use critical thinking. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Use Mercury and Mars: figure it out and act!

What is my motivation? Venus in Capricorn, Convention
I am very motivated to keep my home in working order and comfortable. I lead a conventional life (maybe a little simpler than that of others), and that’s fine with me.

How can I align my motivation with my higher self? Mars in Scorpio, Revenge
Living well is the best revenge? Be very careful not to ever try to keep up with the Joneses. My abundance isn’t the same as everyone else’s.

An efficient step to take to manifest abundance? Venus in Gemini, Flattery
Be more outgoing and proactive at work. I won’t resort to flattery though! Maybe . . .

Outcome of manifesting my abundance: Mercury in Aries, Restlessness
This matches well with the first card. When “all this” is over, I will seriously consider some educational travel and maybe classes. Spend some money on learning.

Well, it all seems to make sense. It’s helpful to use the keyword, but if it doesn’t fit, I can go to the planets and signs themselves!

But I’m thinking I shouldn’t use oracles two weeks in a row! I’m starting to have tarot withdrawal!

Have a very happy Wednesday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
All-Purpose Spread

Thursday 1.jpg

Me: Sun in Sagittarius, Enthusiasm
Today I will be enthusiastic. About something, maybe my health?

Issue: Sun in Virgo, Health
I hope this doesn’t mean what “health issues” usually means! I’m sure it just means I’ll be thinking about my health today and maybe doing something about it.

Outcome: Mars in Leo, Egotism
Whatever I do will be based more in how it looks than how it will actually help my health. For example, I’ll resolve to lose the weight because I’ll look better, not because it’s healthier.

Advice: Saturn in Cancer, Charity
If this is about weight and diet, this is a reminder not to beat myself up for getting off track. That just makes it worse. Instead, be kind but firm to myself. Works with Saturn and Cancer, limit feelings. (Although I think charity comes from nourishing (Cancer) people in need (Saturn).)

I’m also feeling enthusiastic about sharing some info here on the forum, but maybe that’s just a bid to look good!

Have a lovely Thursday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
Three cards, no position meanings

Friday 1.jpg

Maybe no positions wasn’t a good idea. This isn’t as simple as animals and herbs!

But I’ll give it a try. The bird’s cage is open but it doesn’t know it or is afraid to go out. It feels safer in a cage than having to fend for itself in the wild. Sometimes even if you know you’re trapped, you don’t fight it.

Another Venus. It’s important to know the difference between lust and love. Love means you do whatever you can FOR the person; lust means you do whatever you can to GET the person. This applies more to a tv show I’m watching than to my life, I think. Maybe it means I should apply what I’m learning from the show to my own life?

And here’s Hercules killing the Nemean lion with his bare hands. Well, at least it’s a Scorpio card that’s not totally negative. I will need to have some endurance today. But all will be well when the stress of the work week is over!

Happy Friday to you!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday’s reading on Sunday
Last day for Oracle of the Radiant Sun

I visited my mom yesterday, so I’m finishing up today. Let’s try my Angels and Virtues spread, which is appropriate because it’s kind of based on houses. And it will look good with the smaller cards.

Saturday on Sunday.jpg

Gift from Gabriel, Potential: Saturn in Gemini, Concentration
The picture on this card is trippy: A happy gremlin riding lips surrounded by swords and a star caught in a spider web! All I can think of is concentration is ignoring the gremlin to concentrate on the star/idea one has already caught. I’m glad I will gain the potential for concentration. I seem to be losing that recently.

Gift from Raphael, Healing: Venus in Leo, Affair
Interesting that two of my gifts are my birth planets. It seems to be saying that their positions are my natural gifts. I just need to recognize them and use them. What would be healing for me is to allow myself enjoyment and a little showing off.

Gift from Michael, Discernment: Moon in Taurus, Exaltation
And it’s ok to appreciate and enjoy physical things, too. I can recognize which physical enjoyments are good for me and which are bad.

Gift from Uriel, Something needed: Sun in Scorpio, Endurance
Well, I’m not excited that I’ll need physical endurance, but I’m glad I’ll have it. Maybe it means better general health as a get older. That’s a kind of endurance!

Advice from Fortitude, Stand for something: Venus in Virgo, Discrimination
I need to make sure I know the difference between what’s good and bad for me, as in the Exaltation card.

Advice from Temperance, Take in moderation: Mercury in Cancer, Intuition
Interesting. I think I said this before for this card in another reading, but. I need to trust my intuition but not put complete faith in any idea that pops into my head. Temperance indeed.

Advice from Justice, Be fair: Saturn in Aries, Risk
Don’t expect other people to do something for me that I wouldn’t do myself?

Advice from Prudence, Get the big picture: Mercury in Scorpio, Extremism
Here’s Scorpio getting a bad rap again. I need to know and communicate when things are way out of line. This makes me think of politics. Things are just so out there and scary right now. I need to understand and communicate that!

Well, I don’t know if I did this deck justice, but it was interesting and fun! See you later with this week’s deck!

Return to “Week 34 - My Deck of the Week”