This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Aug '20 Sign Ups

Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM Aug '20 Sign Ups

Post by Charlie Brown »

Things are off to a late start, so I'm just going to get this up now. I'll edit with a spread when I have one.

Dates
Partners assigned on Aug. 15th
Sitters should ask their questions as soon as possible after partners are assigned.
Readings are due by Aug. 24th.
Feedback is due by the end of the month.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: TdM Aug '20 Sign Ups

Post by Charlie Brown »

Where my people's at? I'm not going to bother researching a spread if there's no one around. I know a few of you are facing difficult Augusts.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Hey CB. If it's just me and you during everyone's summer holidays I wouldn't mind if we gave it a break during August and came back for Sept. But if you are in the mood we could try that difficult Flornoy Cadillac/Pyramid Spread recommended by Mary Greer - I just think of it as The Cadillac Spread:

https://marykgreer.com/2018/08/27/the-c ... id-spread/

I have tried this spread, setting 7 cards as the minimum, and it's a beast. In fact the first time I created a chain using this technique it turned out to be a 19 card reading that took hours. Each card suggests a question that leads on to the next card, so there can be an effect of going deeper and deeper into an issue, or approaching it from different angles. It might be interesting for us both to answer the same question using this chaining technique but selecting our own cards. But, as I say, I'm happy to give it a break this month or try a different spread that appeals to you..

I have a couple of new decks to show off: the "Professional Edition" - terrible name - of the Marseille by Lo Scarabeo. In its oversize box it's as big and heavy as a brick, but it's the nicest take on the Conver I've ever seen. The same colours as the Jodorowsky but without all the eggs and stuff, and beautiful facial expressions.The minors really pop out at you too. The other deck is the "Playing Marseille" by Ryan Edward. This one is too small rather than too large but it's an extremely smart redrawing of the Marseille cards combining ideas from different versions. Cups/Wands/Coins/Swords are replaced by Hearts/Clubs/Diamonds/Spades. The LWB with this deck is very informative and succinct too. I wish the cards were double the size because the drawings and colours are so attractive.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Sorry, I'm here, I'm here! i hate it when work gets in the way of tarot!

I'm in for whatever. Probably with my dear Budapest. I dreamed about it last night. I was telling someone its whole history . . .
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Why don't we take a month off. Things got started crazy late this month anyways. We'll get off to a right early start in September. If either of you are dying to get a reading HMU and I'll shuffle up for you.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Charlie Brown wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 17:09 Why don't we take a month off. Things got started crazy late this month anyways. We'll get off to a right early start in September. If either of you are dying to get a reading HMU and I'll shuffle up for you.
Sounds good. September suits me better.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”