This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

It's a GONG, Stupid!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

It's a GONG, Stupid!

Post by Joan Marie »

I just re-read my Deck of the Week entry from earlier this week in regard to this card: from the Sola Busca

sola busca-1.jpg

In my entry I wrote about how I was feeling the "after-affects" of a birthday party the night before and also I noted that my gift was a big hit. But somehow, (hangover maybe?) I missed the meaning/humor of that gigantic disk hanging on Tulio's rear-end.

Could it have somehow been a reference to the gift? You be the judge. Here is a photo of it:

gong.jpg

My gift was actually the gong-hanger. That beautiful gong has been leaning against a wall for about 30 years since my boyfriend (the birthday boy) brought it home with him from a trip to Thailand. (There's a whole story about THAT) But it was never properly hung up so it could be played until now.

And boy did we play it. If you click on the photo you may see in the background another birthday gift from me from years ago, a Theramin (with amplifier.)

The musical portion of the evening was...memorable.

Anyway, I love the Sola Busca. It's just crazy weird.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: It's a GONG, Stupid!

Post by Rachelcat »

Weird and wonderful and . . . literal! I would have loved to hear the musical portion of your party!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
JudyK
Sybil

Re: It's a GONG, Stupid!

Post by JudyK »

😂 Oh, that's wonderful! Well played, Sola Busca. 👏
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias

Return to “Week 31 - My Deck of the Week”