This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

JM's DoW: Sola Busca

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

JM's DoW: Sola Busca

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm in the mood for this crazy cool intense deck:

sola busca.jpg
XI Tulio
According to the guide, this card is about disorders of the psyche! Yup. Feeling that!

Yesterday was a big party here, a birthday, (not mine) but I drank too much, I ate too much and smoked a bunch of cigarettes and I am not a smoker and today I feel gross and kind of angry at myself.

The party was all right, and my birthday gift was big hit. But I over-indulged and my body just isn't used to the toxic stuff any more and today I'm really feeling it.

The other thing is sometimes social gatherings with lots of talking tend to empty me out emotionally. Today I would be happy to take a vow of silence and just sit and re-charge myself.

I will endeavour, as much as possible, to do this.

EDIT: I later realised the blatantly obvious meaning of that huge disc.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: JM's DoW: Sola Busca

Post by Rachelcat »

Wow, this is an ambitious deck! So interesting that it's being accurate for you so far. I look forward to more of it!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sola busca.jpg

The Knight of Cups

A winged Knight on horseback offering the gift of a helmet.

His feet are wrapped with cloth. This is not a super well-armed knight here and he seems to be offering his best piece of equipment.

But I take that back. He may not have the typical knight accoutrements, shields, swords, armour. But he has freaking wings dude!
And that beautiful horse, who appears better groomed than he is.

This knight has gifts to spare.

This is interesting because I am contemplating some trades and giveaways right now. It's good to remember that the value of things is so relative.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sola busca.jpg

What a weird card!

There is so much symbolism in the Sola Busca and no one really knows what any of it means.
what is that little burning globe in the top right? It looks like a space ship.

I just consulted my book, The Game of Saturn, which attempts to decode this deck in some way, but you get nothing like a list of cards and their meanings.

It says that Metelo is wearing a "dragon cap", bearing a wand and is clearly engaged in some kind of theurgical ritual. The theory is he's adressing the serpent dragon deity and its draconian energy.

The fiery ball is a "Hekate's Top" and is used for invocations.

It seems Metelo is consulting an Oracle to bring or deliver a message to Hekate.

Sounds good to me! i could use a bit of help from Hekate about now.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sola busca.jpg

Haha! I'm feeling this. A bit stooped under a lot of burdens. But the burdens are wrapped in a purple cloth. They aren't really burdens. Just lots of commitments maybe. Things i chose to do.

But is this character stooped under the weight, or just about to put them all down and take a break? Both I would guess.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sola busca.jpg

Oh My!

Another one of these heavy burden cards. This one tells me I'm dispersing my talents foolishly.

Could be.

Is that so unusual though? Is it really something to worry about?

Maybe. Thing is, this is my second card reading for myself today in addition to an I Ching, and the messages are all kind of pointing to this. I should probably reign in some things, focus and finish some things. And I do tend to get distracted, which is fine, but then it does go too far sometimes.

I think I need to get some perspective. That would be in order.

EDIT: I wrote this about an hour ago and just now the postman came and delivered a surprise gift to me, so maybe I am not so unappreciated after all! :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

sola busca.jpg

Charming!

My first thought was this guy is all up in his own head.
The little pamphlet that came with the deck says things about fiercely defending one's beliefs, egocentric, narcissistic, and other wonderful things like that.

To be honest, I'm not feeling this but wouldn't a narcissist say just that?

I am attending another family social function this afternoon. I guess I better be on the lookout for this behaviour, coming from myself or anyone else. And be ready to handle it.

Return to โ€œWeek 31 - My Deck of the Weekโ€