This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

An idea...!

Pen
Sage

An idea...!

Post by Pen »

While I was working yesterday the painting whispered in my ear (it seems to be part of the process). So I listened, as I always do, followed the advice and added a Star and Crown as part of the narrative and was pleased with the result. Anyway, so far so good. Later it occurred to me that this idea could be incorporated into all the card images - it wouldn't be difficult. The Star and Crown could be either incidental or an important part of what's happening on the card. They could combine to form a tiny logo on a mobile phone that's in use, or appear as an actual star or something star or crown-shaped - anything from a flower to a fountain, or perhaps as objects with those words as part of their names - eg. starfish, starfruit, starflower, stars and stripes etc. Crown is a little more tricky as all the alternative meanings are less obvious - eg. crown of a hat, head or tooth...! but stars and crowns make good patterns on cushions, posters, book covers or toys for children, maybe images on a screen. An extra dimension to bind the deck together.

What think you? It's just an idea and possibly even some inspiration, so no stress. 8-)
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: An idea...!

Post by Joan Marie »

I REALLY REALLY like that idea.

It not only ties the cards together and helps get the theme across, but it also sounds like fun to find ways of doing it.

Please let's do this.

Thank you Pen!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

It sounds like a good idea - I'll have to see how I can do it and incorporate stars and crowns of all kinds.... hmmmm.... yes, it's a great idea. Star and Crown are words with such huge fields of meaning.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Joan Marie wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 13:28 I REALLY REALLY like that idea.

It not only ties the cards together and helps get the theme across, but it also sounds like fun to find ways of doing it.

Please let's do this.

Thank you Pen!
me2! should we use same star & crown icon or is it open to artist style? :mrgreen: ETA I will wait to see @pen design to match my! :mrgreen:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

reall wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 21:57 me2! should we use same star & crown icon or is it open to artist style?
Definitely artist's choice. 🎨
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Funny, but I finished the painting, and before going to bed asked the I Ching: What is my next step?

Answer: Present; Hexagram 15 = Humility, and Future; Hexagram 55 = Great Abundance. All well and good (I think), but I woke this morning with the image of a quite different painting in my dream-eyes - same subject, same objects but so different and un-me that I feel compelled to try to realize it.

If I can get anywhere near the painting in my dream I'll post it here with the first one but, ( being fairly 'umble'! ), please don't hold your breath as I might not manage it.

Which is all rather odd now I come to type this, as it does seems to reflect the I Ching - which, after all, may just have steered me in the direction of being perfectly happy to start again with the promise of abundant artistic fulfilment calling from the future...!!! :D
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Joan Marie wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 04:25
reall wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 21:57 me2! should we use same star & crown icon or is it open to artist style?
Definitely artist's choice. 🎨
Great! I already know how to implement these crown & star icon to make my card design even more Awesome!:) looking forward to see everyone else ideas & designs!:) Stars my fav! Lol

Return to “News and General Discussion about Star & Crown Oracle”