This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

WIP by Jo Barghest

Here is where we can share our work in progress, finished work and discuss our thoughts and ideas.
jobarghest
Seer

WIP by Jo Barghest

Post by jobarghest »

I've nearly finished the card. Here is the description! (I write faster than I paint as you can see) ;) Happy to chop bits out if it's too long...

The expanding star

In of ourself, we are all alone whatever our outward circumstances. This is both beautiful and liberating. We are all galaxies of many different
components, surrounded by other galaxies which also must burn to their fullest extent and according to their own needs. We can only be truly together with others when we can burn joyfully in our aloneness.

We all undergo a journey from our basic nature to transcendence; a process of unlearning clinging, and travelling towards freedom- to appreciate our world and its comforts without distorting it through clutching. Equally, we need to learn to find an atmosphere which is conducive to developing our sense of self in a loving way.

Through any phase of growth, there is a necessary stage of loss and pain, even isolation, as a necessary part to reaching love, liberation, and
connection. This will enable us to love on a larger scale in the end. Even if it causes us pain, and appears to destroy us, it enlarges our capacity
for intensity, empathy and understanding; a necessary antidote to the self-protective but static shrinking of fear. This heroic process occurs in every single life, however long or short. Consider the life of a mayfly, once a grub, it grows wings, takes flight, multiplies itself and dies in a single day. It is a process we will repeat many times on varying scales. Each time it becomes a little easier to understand our emotions and self-imposed limitations, and we can expand.

Stagnant energies can cause us damage. One must use some judgement and leave situations that damage one's own orbit and true purpose. Destruction and purification is an essential part of the process of learning to burn as our own true star. But it is only the first step in a process of transmutation and alchemical transformation. This energy isn't facile- beginning the attempt takes great courage and honesty about ourselves. But in understanding our shared human experience, without artificial boundaries, we tap into a universal current of energy which will help us to expand and grow freer and wilder. The attempt itself will make us a more joyful and liberated entity, generating energy outwards, a wave of joyful communication amidst the void.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: WIP by Jo Barghest

Post by Joan Marie »

jobarghest wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 11:27 I've nearly finished the card. Here is the description! (I write faster than I paint as you can see) ;) Happy to chop bits out if it's too long...
This is wonderful. Thank you!
I PM'd you the link to the artist's document so you can add this directly to it. (That's the document where every artist puts the text for their card.)

let me know if you need any assistance wit that.

Thank you again. ❤️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
jobarghest
Seer

Re: WIP by Jo Barghest

Post by jobarghest »

Thanks lovely I will do that now!
Jo x

Return to “The Art /WIP”