This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

WIP- Qndynes and the trees

Here is where we can share our work in progress, finished work and discuss our thoughts and ideas.
qndynes
Sage

WIP- Qndynes and the trees

Post by qndynes »

Hi! I've been meaning to poat this for a week now. I am going to submit an image for my oracle card for the star and crown deck. So I have two options I would like to ask opinions on as I'm a little torn.

One is of a ficus tree that grows and extends itself through aerial roots and forms itself into increidible cathedrals (what I call them). The other is of a "faded" star within circle on the ground.

I lowered the resolution of the pictures to be able to share here.

20200809_141229_HDR~2_copy_655x873.jpg
20200809_141229_HDR~2_copy_655x873.jpg
Attachments
20200809_141033_copy_790x593.jpg
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: WIP- Qndynes and the trees

Post by Joan Marie »

These are both really nice images.

I think if I were you, I'd go with the one I was able to write about, the one I could best explain how the image inspired me to use it for this deck.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I've finally submitted my card for the Oracle and wrote the excerpt in the google doc sheet for the guidebook. I'm definitely looking forward to the image in a card with the rest of the cards. In the meantime, I wanted to share that my photo is of a clump of trees from the Ficus family, which are truly marvelous trees, especially the ones that grow aerial roots.

Here are a couple wiki images of how majestic these trees can grow.

1280px-Banyan_tree_Old_Lee_County_Courthouse.jpg
Ficus_benghalensis_@_Kodungallur_India_01.jpg
QueenofWands
Seeker

Post by QueenofWands »

It feels like you're super drawn to the trees. :) It's a very cool effect.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

QueenofWands wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 22:11 It feels like you're super drawn to the trees. :) It's a very cool effect.
Oh they're truly majestic trees, they can spread out and take over all manner of terrain, and they grow and expand almost as if this is their way of walking. I find them inspiring companions for myself and my life, and beautiful how the roots shoot out and reach and twine together with other roots and branches.

Return to “The Art /WIP”