This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Work in Progress - a "clue"

Here is where we can share our work in progress, finished work and discuss our thoughts and ideas.
arlecchino
Seer

Work in Progress - a "clue"

Post by arlecchino »

Hi everyone! I have an idea I'm working on for a card, and I want to check first of all that nobody's doing the same thing, and that it makes sense (unclear whether that can be possible at this stage, I'm not one of those people who can think in words and sentences so apologies for rambling).

In the other threads people seem divided whether or not to make this deck tied to the current pandemic or not. So I'm reading about fungi and thinking in a kind of related vein, the mycelium and root systems are constantly touching each other, and all these creatures (fungi, plants, humans, bacteria, viruses...) are filled with each other. So I wanted to use the image of this subterranean and/or internal labyrinth of roots and mycelium.

Then relating to "Star and Crown" my first thought was Corona Borealis (Ariadne's crown). In one story the light of the crown is used to escape the labyrinth. So here's what I have as a possibly cliche fungal mythological sketch:
IMG_0393.jpeg

Again, please let me know if you're already doing something relating to Corona Borealis, and I will try a different approach!
Nemia
Sage

Re: Work in Progress - a "clue"

Post by Nemia »

That's a genius idea! The crown of stars! And a beautiful sketch. I love it!
ianbryanttarot
Seer

Post by ianbryanttarot »

The image is well-framed; my eyes caught the subjects right away! Love it.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

arlecchino wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 14:32 In the other threads people seem divided whether or not to make this deck tied to the current pandemic or not. So I'm reading about fungi and thinking in a kind of related vein, the mycelium and root systems are constantly touching each other, and all these creatures (fungi, plants, humans, bacteria, viruses...) are filled with each other. So I wanted to use the image of this subterranean and/or internal labyrinth of roots and mycelium.

Then relating to "Star and Crown" my first thought was Corona Borealis (Ariadne's crown). In one story the light of the crown is used to escape the labyrinth. So here's what I have as a possibly cliche fungal mythological sketch:
I just love how you think! Wonderful concept and beautiful sketch!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
arlecchino
Seer

Post by arlecchino »

I got the base colors down! now time for the colored pencil :-)
IMG_0418.jpeg

Return to “The Art /WIP”