This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Work in Progress...

Here is where we can share our work in progress, finished work and discuss our thoughts and ideas.
Pen
Sage

Work in Progress...

Post by Pen »

Just started drawing with an idea based on identity and the face you wear... it may take a while.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Pen
Sage

Re: Work in Progress...

Post by Pen »

These are both based on the idea of identity and the face we wear. I'd already almost finished the first one when I had a dream of the second, but the finished work is nothing much like the dream image. I began by taking a line for a walk, but it ended up taking me for one...!

I've removed the bleed from both images just for this thread, and have yet to write the text for the guidebook and decide which to use - they're both so different that I may need help with that... :?

I'll hang on to the full files for a bit as they may need an adjustment (or three).

Identity3_sized_nobleed.jpg

mirror9sized_nobleed.jpg
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

oh Pen! These are both brilliant. If there is any way you could figure out a way to contribute both...

The second one, the pink one, gives me chills I can't explain. Like deja vu or something.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘03 Aug 2020, 11:00 oh Pen! These are both brilliant. If there is any way you could figure out a way to contribute both...

The second one, the pink one, gives me chills I can't explain. Like deja vu or something.
I could write a description based on the all the creative problems it gave me...! :shock:
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

They're both very strong images. The first woman seems to believe in the masks she's wearing - the second one doesn't. Amazing art.
ianbryanttarot
Seer

Post by ianbryanttarot »

The incorporation of the stars and crown theme here is very natural. Lovely!
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

I'm going to start another card next week - corrections to do on the proof of the latest project. Print is a pain to get right... :(

I've had an idea re. mobile phone dependency/addiction. Sketchy guidebook form submitted, but making a note here too.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Pen wrote: โ†‘03 Aug 2020, 10:31 These are both based on the idea of identity and the face we wear. I'd already almost finished the first one when I had a dream of the second, but the finished work is nothing much like the dream image. I began by taking a line for a walk, but it ended up taking me for one...!

A week or so has passed since I wrote the above, and I'm no nearer choosing which to submit for the Crown and Star Oracle. But Nemia pointed out the difference between the two women, which seems to point to a way of using both (with a single description, adding the words below to the process described on the Google Form) if nobody minds...

The first woman has doubt in her eyes; her masks are smiling slightly, calm and give little away. She accepts only light roles, preferring to keep her tragedies hidden, although if another were to be thrust upon her she would play it with the same masks and no one would be able to guess her emotional pain.

Identity3_sized_nobleed.jpg

The woman on the second card glances sideways into the mirror in her pink dressing room. Her look is confident, slightly calculating, her masks forbidding, unforgiving, all her chosen roles cold and seemingly unfeeling. She has developed a protective shell around her heart and nothing can hurt her.

mirror9sized_nobleed.jpg
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

mobile7nobleed.jpg

Not sure I can write much about this one as it's pretty much self-explanatory. I did have fun doing it though... :D

Click on the image to enlarge and for better resolution.

Media = watercolour and coloured pencils.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Pen wrote: โ†‘14 Aug 2020, 13:27 mobile7nobleed.jpg

Not sure I can write much about this one as it's pretty much self-explanatory. I did have fun doing it though... :D

Click on the image to enlarge and for better resolution.

Media = watercolour and coloured pencils.
This is beautiful pen. Is that a corgi?

I have to admit I've sort of lost track of which of your works you are ready to submit, so when you're ready, could you please send them to artshare@cultoftarotforum.com

Sorry I just get confused by all this beautiful work I see coming in from everyone. I have a couple more pieces from other artists that I haven't yet posted.

This deck is really starting to come together.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

It is indeed a corgi!

I'm not sure if you read the post before my last - I had an idea re. the first two cards inspired by Nemia's post about the difference between the two women. So I'm happy enough with that difference in meaning to submit both of the first two with the new one, but wanted to see if everyone would be OK with that and was waiting for some feedback. The first two could share text in the guide with a small addition to what I've already written.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Great!!

I'm thinking that with this booklet it will be necessary/helpful to post the images along with the text. Probably just in black and white, but I think it will be nice that way.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

I've just completed both guidebook forms. I've found that it's worth bookmarking each individual form as you create it in order to be able to edit afterwards, although others may not have the same problem I encountered.
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

My recent I-Ching reading (Splitting Apart/Fragmentation and illusion and the advice to return to the familiar) prompted a review of past artwork. Coming across an old experimental screenprint (part of a project entitled Fragments), an idea formed overnight and this is the result (after the addition of the crown and star).

If cards are still needed I can send it to Joan Marie for our oracle.

Trust
In the fragmented landscape of a now alien world, a giant seagull swoops to accept a morsel of food from the upraised hand of a girl.

The single large star in the sky is symbolic of hope, the crown indicates the girl's nobility of soul in placing her trust in a razor-beaked bird almost as large as herself.

Trust in, and care and love of Nature's constancy can offer hope and something to work with when the world seems to be falling apart.

seagull3.jpg
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Pen wrote: โ†‘27 Nov 2020, 13:42

If cards are still needed I can send it to Joan Marie for our oracle.
oh please do! And thank you!

I have to apologise to everybody, please don't think I have forgotten or that the project is slipping away. Not by a longshot.
I had really thought I could do 2 decks at the same time, this one and my Weimar deck, but the truth is, one at a time is enough. I was afraid if I tried to create and run a second Kickstarter and put all the booklet and card files together, it would not have been fair to either project and would have made me a crazy person.

Star & Crown deserves my full attention when it comes time to bring it to life and I promise to do that.
I will let you know soon when that will happen but in the meantime there is room for a few more cards in the deck.

Thanks you again everyone and sorry I've been so side-tracked.
JulianneVictoria
Seer

Post by JulianneVictoria »

I might try to submit another card. What would the deadline be?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

JulianneVictoria wrote: โ†‘01 Dec 2020, 19:15 I might try to submit another card. What would the deadline be?
its hard to say exactly but at least the end of the year.

Return to โ€œThe Art /WIPโ€