This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Correction and an update: Star & Crown

Here you will find Technical specs and other discussions related to the procedures, links etc.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Correction and an update: Star & Crown

Post by Joan Marie »

First the correction:

There was an error in the templates I posted, (the resolution/size was incorrect)
I have fixed them and reposted the correct ones in place of the incorrect ones.
They can be found HERE

Sorry about that. I hope it didn't cause anyone any problem. Let me know please if you need any assistance.

Now the Update:

Pen made a great suggestion and I am adding it to the Guidelines.
Here is is in her words:
While I was working yesterday the painting whispered in my ear (it seems to be part of the process). So I listened, as I always do, followed the advice and added a Star and Crown as part of the narrative and was pleased with the result. Anyway, so far so good. Later it occurred to me that this idea could be incorporated into all the card images - it wouldn't be difficult. The Star and Crown could be either incidental or an important part of what's happening on the card. They could combine to form a tiny logo on a mobile phone that's in use, or appear as an actual star or something star or crown-shaped - anything from a flower to a fountain, or perhaps as objects with those words as part of their names - eg. starfish, starfruit, starflower, stars and stripes etc. Crown is a little more tricky as all the alternative meanings are less obvious - eg. crown of a hat, head or tooth...! but stars and crowns make good patterns on cushions, posters, book covers or toys for children, maybe images on a screen. An extra dimension to bind the deck together.
So the idea is, whatever your card design is, see how you can sneak in a star and a crown into the design somewhere.
I really do think this, in addition to tying the cards together and bringing out the theme, is also a fun challenge for the artists. i think it will also be fun for the users.

And if you need any help finding a way to do that, maybe you could submit it to the group for suggestions. Use the Art/WIP section.

We're off to a great start. Really looking forward to seeing all your ideas!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
reall
Sage

Re: Correction and an update: Star & Crown

Post by reall »

Thanks for update downloading new template asap! like @pen idea! It will be great fun & easy to implement! Happy we have her here!:D lol
JulianneVictoria
Seer

Post by JulianneVictoria »

Cool idea! also wondering will the backs have a Star and Crown?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

JulianneVictoria wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 21:37 Cool idea! also wondering will the backs have a Star and Crown?
Have not worked out the design for the backs yet. Any takers?
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I like this idea, and I imagine the crown of a tree counts within these guidelines right?
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

qndynes wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:17 I like this idea, and I imagine the crown of a tree counts within these guidelines right?
Absolutely and this is why I like this idea so much, because how it is carried out is entirely up to the vision of the artist.

Return to “Technical Assistance & Guidelines”