This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tech Specs etc

Here you will find Technical specs and other discussions related to the procedures, links etc.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Tech Specs etc

Post by Joan Marie »

A full description of the project can be seen HERE

Technical Stuff:

To optimize printing costs, I would like to start with 32 cards as a goal. (this is one sheet of 88x126mm cards)
If that is accomplished and we still have a lot of steam, then let’s shoot for 64 cards or as close to that as possible.

Template:
The finished cards will be 88x126mm. (for reference, a standard tarot card is 70x120mm)

Here is the template in 2 file formats, jpeg and PDF.

Template jpeg format, first click on it then download
Template jpeg format, first click on it then download
Star &Crown template.pdf
(73.26 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

To give you an idea, here is the card I am currently working on (still unfinished.) The image on the right has a white border to indicate the “bleed area.” The finished, cut card is the part inside the bleed area. There will be no border showing. Your artwork should go all the way to the edge (left image) and all the important information should stay within the “Safe Area” indicated by the blue guidelines.

no border.png
with bleed line.png

(This is my son's girlfriend Shauna from a picture she calls "Celebrating Myself". )

The template has all the details you’ll need.
IMPORTANT: If you need any help or assistance at all, please just let me know. One of my favourite parts of Button Soup Tarot was working with people to help them get their ideas to a finished card. The collaboration is part of the magic.

Submit finished art to: artshare@cultoftarotforum.com

Booklet Text: EDIT: You should have received a link to a google doc when you join the project. if you don't have that link, drop me a PM or email.

That’s it!

I haven’t set a “deadline” but logistically, early autumn would be perfect. The sooner work starts coming in though, the more it inspires others, so the sooner it starts coming in the better!

If you haven't signed up yet and want to you can here: Sign Up for Star & Crown
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Re: Tech Specs etc

Post by qndynes »

I have a question about tech specs and it has to do with teh image dpi or resolution I believe it's called, how do I know my image is within these parameters?
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

qndynes wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 17:18 I have a question about tech specs and it has to do with teh image dpi or resolution I believe it's called, how do I know my image is within these parameters?
dpi (dots/pixels per inch) is the resolution of the image. Think of it like thread-count for sheets. :D

300 dpi is needed for printing.

Normally, the dpi setting is found the same place you set the image size in any art program you might be working in. If you use the template I posted and create your image on top of it, it will be at 300dpi.

If you are scanning a piece of art you've created, you can set the scanner to scan at 300dpi. You'll no doubt see that setting when you go to scan.

I do realise that not everybody is used to using templates and is not so savvy at image programs.

Please don't stress about that too much. If you can't figure it out, just send me the image you have and I will work with it. ❤️
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

Hi lovely! I was just wondering if there was a specific word limit for the accompanying card text? I have had a rummage round but can't seem to spot it ;)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jobarghest wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 08:36 Hi lovely! I was just wondering if there was a specific word limit for the accompanying card text? I have had a rummage round but can't seem to spot it ;)
No no word limit. Some people write a lot, some not so much, it evens out!

In the end if there is any editing needed I'll contact the artist, but for Button Soup it worked out fine. Pretty much every word written made it to the booklet which came in at exactly 100 pages!
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

Thanks lovely that's great to know!

Return to “Technical Assistance & Guidelines”