This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

SURVEY: Name This Deck

Here you will find the discussions we had to share our thoughts and ideas to develop this deck

Which name do you think is better for our Group Oracle Deck

Star & Crown Oracle
56%
Crown & Star Oracle
44%
I just want to see the answers (you can always change your vote)
No votes

Total votes: 16

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

SURVEY: Name This Deck

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm getting close to announcing our next group produced deck which will be an Oracle deck.

I have a question about the name that's been chosen for it and I would very much like to know your preferences and thoughts.

Please answer the survey question (above) and also leave any thoughts you may have here.

My personal thought is I think that Star & Crown Oracle maybe sounds better, but because so many decks start with "S" I thought Crown & Star Oracle might stand out more.

I've only offered the 2 choices of one or the other, so you have to choose and can't say both are okay. Because I have to eventually choose, I'm asking you to do so as well and commit to your preference. ❤️

Thank you so much!!

🔴 Only Cult of Tarot Members can participate on a survey. If you are not a member you can join by clicking "Register" at the top of the page. It only takes a couple seconds and is free.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
HRU's Muse
Seer

Re: SURVEY: Name This Deck

Post by HRU's Muse »

I like the old English pub feel of Star and Crown Oracle, but also The Crowned Star Oracle or even Crown of Stars Oracle.
~ I enter as a hawk; I come out as a phoenix in the morning. Pert-em-hru
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

HRU's Muse wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 17:26 Crown of Stars Oracle.
that's exactly what I was thinking.
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

HRU's Muse wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 17:26 I like the old English pub feel of Star and Crown Oracle, but also The Crowned Star Oracle or even Crown of Stars Oracle.
I also think Crown of Stars Oracle sounds nice.

It has some connotations to the Virgin Mary and to the Empress of RWS. The words paint a nice picture and lend to a lot of ideas.

have a look at this please: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_stars

Crown of Stars is also currently the title of a series of fantasy books and a spell in a DND game. (first things that come up when you google it.)

I still like Star & Crown Oracle a lot though. It feels really original. Maybe that's why it doesn't seem as "catchy."
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Venus Rising
Seer

Post by Venus Rising »

I really like both...I ended up going with Crown and Star....because as you said, it might stand out more, but I do think Star and Crown flows off my tongue better lol.
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

- Bruce Lee

Return to “Preliminary Planning Threads”