This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 30 La Corte dei Tarocchi

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 30 La Corte dei Tarocchi

Post by Rachelcat »

This is a sweet and charming pips deck from Il Meneghello from 1999. As you see, the cards are very long for the width, which for me adds to its charm. And the little shelf box with ribbons just adds to it.

Sunday 1.jpg

Let’s give it an interview spin!

Sunday 2.jpg

What is your most important characteristic?
Dieci de bastoni
It is full of energy, maybe too much energy! It likes to be used in readings for others (social situations).

What is your greatest strength?
Otto di bastoni
It helps people make plans of action. All the bastoni are different, more or less fancy, like these have fancy finials. And sweet extra designs like the delicate butterfly above.

What is your greatest weakness?
Fante di bastoni
It is full of energy but has an overall innocent, childlike look. I don’t see that as a weakness, but . . . This is reinforced by the barely discernable bunny on the lower left.

What can you teach me?
Cinque di spade
It can teach me about confusion and misunderstandings. Any maybe about some mysterious things, like the triangle in a circle enclosing 6 dots. What does that have to do with 5 swords?

How can I learn it from you?
Due di denari
Embrace the dual wisdom of the physical and the intellectual, the visual and categorical. (See the entwined snakes at the top?)

What will be the outcome of our work together?
L’Imperatore
I with this deck, or this deck with me, will be able to accomplish some definitive readings, or readings about power and its uses and abuses.

All very interesting. We’ll see how it goes for the rest of the week. Have a happy week everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 30 La Corte dei Tarocchi

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Second new moon in Cancer

Blessing Moon, contentment

Blessing Moon.jpg

What is rising in my life? L’Impiccato
This with the 4 Cups is saying that I’m going to be doing some introspection. I don’t see that as a bad thing. It’s probably overdue, but it could be a little uncomfortable. And how could it be bad when little yellow birds are hanging me up?

How is the energy moving? Sei di Denari
Oh, it’s going to be introspection on my finances and comfort. I need to figure out if I can continue to be as generous as I have been, or maybe if I can be more generous!

What is being completed? Cinque di Coppe
Introspection will lead me to let go of some no longer useful emotions. I’ve been doing this all along, but now it will be completed! What a relief!

What is slowing down? Gli Innamorati
Even when I typed the title, I was still thinking this is the Sun. It’s the Lovers. Ok, that makes more sense. This is continuing the above, letting go of interest in relationship stuff. Past relationship stuff. I’m all for it!

What am I making room for? Quattro di Coppe
It will be introspection not only in that I’ll be investigating myself and my own feelings, but I won’t be sharing that with anyone. I’m doing it for myself, not for anyone else’s edification or interest.

Blue Moon, renewal

Blue Moon.jpg

The storm that has passed, Re di Coppe
I no longer have to be ruled by my emotions, or anyone else’s.

The emotional baggage I’m leaving behind, Tre di Bastoni
And I no longer have to be responsible for changing or moving the situation along.

The essential energy for my renewal, Il Papa
Back to studying and learning, I can’t wait. I hope it will give me energy for a renewal!

My reminder from the moon, L’Eremita
It’s ok to renew myself by myself for myself. (Said Abraham Lincoln. Or something like it!) In fact, that’s the best path for me now.

Wow, today’s readings have all been about letting go and starting afresh, partially because of the spreads and partially because of the cards. I’m hearing it loud and clear!

Have a happy blue moon!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Why the Who is in the What

Tuesday.jpg

I will be learning to use my strength of will and strength of spirit in order to cope and get ahead today. We’ve already had the Fante di bastoni, and we have two strength cards, Nove di bastoni and La Forza. So I better be prepared to be strong! The little dragon on the Asso di denari will help me as much as he can, I’m sure. Seems like he's got a grip on things.

Have a happy day!

JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

May I just pop in here and share the deck love? La Corte dei Tarocchi is perfectly described as "sweet and charming". And shuffling it is a sensory delight! I have a 2013 edition in the simple 2-part box (no. 353/400 if anyone else here has one 🙂). I keep it close at hand because I enjoy doing readings with it. 🔮
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Let's see, mine is 516/1100. Collector stuff . . .!

I'm the opposite of you. I love it but I never read with it because I think it's just too special to handle for regular readings. And then I only want to use something familiar for a special reading! It's a vicious circle, especially for someone who has over 300 decks!

That's why I like Deck of the Week so much! Do you have any other special decks? You should join us in deck of the week sometime!

JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Rachelcat wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 18:03 Let's see, mine is 516/1100. Collector stuff . . .!
Absolutely! 👍
... It's a vicious circle, especially for someone who has over 300 decks! That's why I like Deck of the Week so much! Do you have any other special decks? You should join us in deck of the week sometime!
Over 300... 😲 Yes, I can certainly see why Deck of the Week would be a hit with you.

I do have a few more decks I consider special, but I use them anyway. 😏 What? Leave them in pristine condition so that when I kick the bucket someone else can sell them and make a fortune? Nah. 😂
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I was just having those morbid thoughts the other day. What will happen to my decks when I'm gone? I'll probably say give them to my Capital Tarot Society friends. But you can have some, too!

Wednesday All-Purpose Spread

Wednesday.jpg

Me, Cavallo di coppe
I will be moving forward with emotion today. My focus of action is feelings.

Issue, L’Imperatrice
I will be dealing a lot with one of my female bosses! I think Karma will need a lot of help today. (That’s her name.)

Outcome, Fante di bastoni
Even though I’ll be leading with my feelings, I’ll still be learning about action and doing. This card has come up in every reading this week. I need to pay attention to the fante!

Advice, La Temperanza
A balance and joining of the cups and wands energy would be the best thing for me to do today. Stay feeling focused, but get the work done efficiently, too.

I took the Mary Greer intuition class on Monday evening, and the first thing we did was try to guess a card. I saw wings, but none of the cards in the deck I was using had someone with wings. (Maybe the angel on the World had some.) Here we have two: Imperatrice and Temperanza! This reading is more than just a daily, I think. I’ll have to mull it over for a while.

In the meantime, have a great Wednesday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
Why the Who is in the What

Thursday.jpg

I will feel like putting my mind to stuff, buying or making or being something physical. Because I don’t usually do that and want to strike out in a new direction.

At least it’s a new fante this time! Check out the tiny mermaid at the top of the ace! It kind of makes the meaning of the ace feeling at home or comfortable: the mermaid is right at home by her forest stream. Also, I love the Italian wording of this deck. I’m assuming it’s contemporary Italian. It works for me when the historic deck titles just seem to confuse . . .

Happy Thursday to you!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday
All-Purpose Spread
Advice about my tarot project for this weekend.

Friday.jpg

Look at all those coins! I’ll be concerned about holding onto my stuff. In this case, I think the physical aspects of the project are the computer, where are my files, papers, notes, etc. The truth is I have plenty of stuff (notes, files, etc.) that I can use and share. The outcome is I’ll have even more stuff, and will take care of it carefully and properly. In any case, no matter what I DO with my stuff, I should pay attention to how I feel about it and do on the project what feels good! Also, I’ll have new and stronger feelings about it now, so maybe now is the time to act!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

beautiful! So sorry I didn't join you this week! But I'll be here for the next one.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

All ok! I'm trying to encourage others to join in, not only because we're all alone but because I'm really enjoying it!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday planetary spread. I looked at the free readings on the Llewellyn site. One of the spreads offered is a planetary spread, but the order and shape of the seven planets is wonky. So of course now I want to use the spread I think is right! In days of the week order.

Question is on my tarot project again. What in the world is going to happen with it? Or I guess what in the solar system! I need encouragement and advice and everything. What do the planets say?

Saturday.jpg

Sun, Due di denari
What I have to do for the project to see the light of day is take action. It can’t be completed if I’m not working to complete it! That’s obvious! (Very much a sun thing.) At the top looks like a human head in a witch’s hat blowing through a long flute? The magic won’t happen unless somebody does the spell!

Moon, Le Stelle
I feel like the whole thing is a dream, a long-deferred dream. But the Star says it’s also a possible dream. She’s pouring out what she has to offer without holding back. Wishing and hoping won’t make it happen, but maybe it will engage my feelings, which will make me feel like doing what needs to be done.

Mars, Otto di bastoni
How to act? Make a plan of action, of course! The little butterfly at the top says it needs to be an airy, open plan, but an intellectual one. Figure out a plan!

Mercury, Dieci di denari
My final product (intellectual property!) will be worthy to be shared with the public. And worth some money, too. It will be right to try to sell it.

Jupiter, L’Eremita
What should expand? I should use this home time to work on it. For sure. I’ve done enough looking around for something to do. THIS is what I need to be doing.

Venus, Cavallo di denari
It will be a pleasure to do the work and have a finished product.

Saturn, Il Mondo
What limitations am I facing? Since this is an aerial scene, the sky’s the limit! Everything I want to achieve, I can. The World shows an ending that is a successful conclusion. And this is the conclusion of my reading! Very encouraging, both Il Mondo and Le Stelle! (And I love this card. One of these days, I’m going to do the tourist thing in Italy. I can’t wait to see EVERYTHING in Florence.)

Well, I’m glad I did this reading. It is, of course, telling me what I already know, but I need all the encouragement it gives!

Return to “Week 30 - My Deck of the Week”