This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 29 Arcana Stones

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 29 Arcana Stones

Post by Rachelcat »

This week I’m using my own creation, Arcana Stones. It’s a set of crystals that represent the 22 majors. You can read them the same as cards (in lines or spreads) or drop them, with or without positional drop sheets.

I created Arcana Stones back in 2012, and I still have some sets for sale. The set includes 22 tumbled stones and a houses drop sheet in a satin bag, and a booklet. See my thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum for all the details.

Let’s jump in with an interview. I have a thing about not using much more than about 15 percent of the cards in a deck. 15 percent of 22 is 3.3, so most of the spreads I use with Arcana Stones are usually no more than 4 stones.

Sunday.jpg

What is your greatest strength? 5-Emperor-Carnelian
It can be a powerful tool. Working with all majors makes the answers stand out without any softening!

What is your greatest weakness? 11-Justice-Aventurine
It has a tendency to be either/or, good or bad, etc. There are two sides to every question, but it’s not always good to have to pick sides. There are usually more subtle options than one or the other.

What can I learn from you? 13-Death-Mohogany Obsidian
Everything ends, and leaves room for other things to begin. Death is just another part of life.

What will be the outcome of our working together? 3-Empress-Malachite
Our work together will be fruitful, abundant, and pleasurable! I may even make some money!

Have a happy week, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 29 Arcana Stones

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday
Houses Drop Sheet
What will I learn from the intuition class? (I signed up for an online class on tarot and intuition with Mary Greer. https://globalspiritualstudies.com/prod ... intuition/)

Monday.jpg

14-Temperance-Rose Quartz in center
Most of all, I’ll learn that everything is connected. The magic is in me. Change is possible, but it has to come from what I already have.

6-Lovers-Rhodocrosite and 4-Emperor-Carnelian in seventh house
I’ll learn about men and relationships, maybe get a hint of an answer to why I had to have the relationship I did and the life I did.

1-Magician-Chiastolite in twelfth house
I’ll learn that the magic has been hidden inside me all along. I need to open the doors and let it out.

I think it takes a while to get used to reading with all majors again. I believe this is a great way to read (majors with houses), but I never said I was good at it! We'll try another method tomorrow!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

This is AMAZING!!!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

An extra for today!

Monday

Chain of the Fool
What do I need to know about my tarot life?

The Chain of the Fool is the same as a Lenormand chain. For tarot majors/Arcana Stones, randomly line up stones in 3 rows of 7 with 1 at the top.

before.jpg

Start with the stone that most correlates with your question. Then go to the stone that matches the position of the previous stone. Continue until you come back to the first stone.

after.jpg

I chose 1-Magician-Chiastolite to represent my question. It was in the number 10 position, so I then picked up 10-Wheel-Bostwana Agate. It was in the 17 position, so I picked up 17-Star-Blue Lace Agate. Continuing, the rest are 2-Priestess-Moonstone, 7-Chariot-Amathyst, 9-Hermit-Fluorite. Hermit was in the 1 position, returning me back to Magician, so we’re done.

I want to be active in creating and doing something (Magician) with my tarot. Chance will take a hand (Wheel), but it could be a lucky break (Star) that leads me to a more spiritual understanding (Priestess). That can in turn lead me to move on (Chariot) to less creation and doing for others and more learning and understanding for myself (Hermit).

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday
Norse Nine Worlds Drop Sheet
What do I need to know today?

Tuesday 2.jpg

10-Wheel-Botswana Agate and 21-Universe-Onyx in Vanaheim
This is the land of the earth gods and abundance. Although things can change and I don’t know everything that’s going to happen with me (Wheel), I have everything I need (Universe).

3-Empress-Malachite in Midgard
Which is completely emphasized by the Empress in middle earth, where I am now! Abundance, comfort, fullness are where I am, and where I need to be!

Good thing to know this morning!

I hope everyone is having a happy, comfortable day today!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday
Stone Arrowhead Spread (Ugh, the pictures won't stay right side up. In the end, they're supposed to look like an arrow.)

What will happen if I do the intuition book exercises?

Wednesday 1.jpg

10-Wheel-Bostwana Agate, 11-Justice-Aventurine, 7-Chariot-Amethyst
I got the book on a whim really (Wheel). I was just looking for something to read, and I could work on my intuition, being a tarot reader and all. It will be balancing and healthful (Justice), and I will get somewhere with it (Chariot).

Wednesday 2.jpg

Cause: 10+7= 17-Star-Blue Lace Agate
I want all those things the book promises, peace, assurance, ability to trust my own judgment. They would be blessings indeed!

Receiving: 10+11= 21-Universe-Onyx
The book is promising me the world. It goes on about how we’re all spirits living in many dimensions, etc. I’m not sure I believe in any of that, but I’m willing to suspend disbelief if it will help me.

Doing: 11+7= 18-Moon-Mother of Pearl
I will be dredging up a lot of things from my past and things I’ve passed over and hidden in my life. I think that’s the way the exercises are supposed to work.

Wednesday 3.jpg

Outcome: 10+11+7=28= 10-Wheel-Bostwana Agate
There’s no guaranteed benefit from it. I’ll have to choose to put the lessons into effect in my life if I want to get anything from it. I won’t have a huge a-ha moment that will change my life. But I can learn from it if I want to.

Advice: 10+21+18+10+11+7+17=94= 13-Death-Mahogany Obsidian
Take this as an opportunity to dredge up the old bad stuff one more time, and then really let it go. Even if I have therapy or something later, I don’t think the old stuff will be helpful. I’m such a different person now that if I want to do work on myself, I need to start where I am, not where I was. Or use what is useful in the book and exercises and let the rest go. I don’t have to believe everything it says to get some use from it. Which is what the author actually says!

Have a happy Wednesday!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday
All-Purpose Spread

Thursday.jpg

Me: 9-Hermit-Fluorite
These days, I’m a hermit every day! But today while I’m on my own, I’ll be pondering spiritual things and accessing my wisdom of age. In other words, I know stuff just because I’m old!

Issue: 19-Sun-Citrine
It will be an illuminating day. Things will become clear, and I’ll have a brighter attitude because of that.

Outcome: 13-Death-Mahogany Obsidian
Because of the knowing and clarity, I’ll be able to let some stuff go. The buck stops here!

Advice: 5-Hierophant-Orange Calcite
In today’s journey to knowledge and clarity, I should pay attention to traditional teachings and teachers. I don’t have to take everything they say as gospel! truth, but they have something to teach me today.

Have a sunny day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday

How is Sophie, my cat? She’s probably about 16 or 17 years old and seems to be getting on fine, still plays and eats and talks to me and all good cat things. She’s definitely sleeping more, but doesn’t seem to be in any pain or losing weight or anything. Here she is helping me work.

Sophie hard at work.jpg

I dropped four randomly chosen stones.

Friday.jpg

4-Emperor-Carnelian and 5-Hierophant-Orange Calcite together on the left
When things get back to normal, I should take her to the vet for a checkup, but I shouldn’t worry just because of a number (of years).

19-Sun-Citrine in the middle
She’s happy and well, and I should just enjoy and love her while I can.

7-Chariot-Amethyst upper right
Someday she will move on to another of her 9 lives, and that’s how it should be. I’ll miss her like crazy, but she will be following her correct path.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day for Arcana Stones?
What do you want to tell me on our last DoW day together?

Back when I first created Arcana Stones, a Capital Tarot Society friend turned into an Arcana Stones mad scientist, and invented many ways to read with them. This is one: lay out minor cards and then toss the stones on top. (Probably works best with mini or smallish cards.) Read the major-minor pairs created, the major stone with the minor card it lands on.

Saturday 1.jpg

Hmm, I thought the colorful stones on b&w cards would look cool, but I ended up with mostly whitish stones, so . . .

Saturday 2.jpg

I took away minors without stones, so end up with these pairs.

18-Moon-Mother of Pearl on 2 Cups
I was just thinking I never get the Moon because it’s flat, and my fingers don’t touch it when I’m picking up stones and random, but today I did. The idea of an equal sharing relationship isn’t really all that possible. It’s a fantasy that I have, that two people can really be close and completely trusting. OR I just have to follow my intuition to find such a thing. If it exists.

10-Wheel-Botswana Agate on 7 Swords
It’s just as likely that a relationship you think is good turns out to be manipulative and based on lies. Or not, because it’s the Wheel.

19-Sun-Citrine on Ace of Cups
In spite of all that relationship stuff, true happiness is possible! With or without other people involved. The important thing is to trust yourself, that you are honest and open with yourself and forgiving and all that stuff you wish other people would be with you. You create your own reality. Let the sunshine in the fill your cup of happiness!

Well, I didn’t see that coming when I asked the question, but it’s all good to know!

Have a happy weekend, all!

Return to “Week 29 - My Deck of the Week”