This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

I am creating a Tarot Card a day for a deck called Amble Tarot. It is a deck that focuses on the fantastic magical scene

Share a little taste with us of your work in progress. Give us a peek at what's coming down the road soon so we can keep an eye out for it.
GraphicBodega
Seeker

I am creating a Tarot Card a day for a deck called Amble Tarot. It is a deck that focuses on the fantastic magical scene

Post by GraphicBodega »

Not even sure if I would sell it as I am not sure if there is enough interest.
Pen
Sage

Re: I am creating a Tarot Card a day for a deck called Amble Tarot. It is a deck that focuses on the fantastic magical s

Post by Pen »

Hi GraphicBodega. Wow! I really like the unifying principle of the cards and the perspective of the viewer - somewhere in the Cosmos of the Mind perhaps. The images have great impact - I'm sure there will be interest. Good luck on your tarot journey :D
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Thelder
Sybil

Re: I am creating a Tarot Card a day for a deck called Amble Tarot. It is a deck that focuses on the fantastic magical s

Post by Thelder »

I love the concept, the perspective, and the art. I would definitely be interested in it. I am just not sure about the horizontal and vertical lines (the grid). Are the lines part of the original artwork, or are they from the card stock on which the images are printed?

Since the objects are further away than normal (because of the perspective used), I would be concerned about anything that obscures or distracts from the images, which brings me to the following point about linen card stock:

Even under the best conditions, linen card stock has a tendency to make the artwork look dull, fuzzy, and lifeless. Because of this, I have a tendency to avoid artwork that is printed on linen card stock. I think this negative effect would be even more pronounced in your case because of the distance of the images. For a more in-depth discussion about linen card stock, see the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3973

However, please don't let my opinion alone influence you. There are plenty of people who love the feel of linen card stock and will gladly buy such a deck, not realizing the negative impact that the card stock has had on the artwork.

Best wishes! :D
GraphicBodega
Seeker

Post by GraphicBodega »

Thanks for your comments.
So first of all those aren't grids, they are actually the texture of the linen card stock.
As far as linen card stock vs ones without texture, the linen texture actually does not mute the color. I cannot speak for other projects, but from experience the muted color comes from the coating on the ink.
Personally, I prefer linen stock because these tiny lines will reduce surface contact, allowing the shuffling of card much more enjoyable :)
That said, if there are enough interest for a deck release and most people want standard card stock, I am all for it :)
Since the tarot card is only so big, if I were to release the deck, I will also publish an art book so one can look at all the details of the illustration :P
GraphicBodega
Seeker

Post by GraphicBodega »

Thelder wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 22:45 I love the concept, the perspective, and the art. I would definitely be interested in it. I am just not sure about the horizontal and vertical lines (the grid). Are the lines part of the original artwork, or are they from the card stock on which the images are printed?

Since the objects are further away than normal (because of the perspective used), I would be concerned about anything that obscures or distracts from the images, which brings me to the following point about linen card stock:

Even under the best conditions, linen card stock has a tendency to make the artwork look dull, fuzzy, and lifeless. Because of this, I have a tendency to avoid artwork that is printed on linen card stock. I think this negative effect would be even more pronounced in your case because of the distance of the images. For a more in-depth discussion about linen card stock, see the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=3973

However, please don't let my opinion alone influence you. There are plenty of people who love the feel of linen card stock and will gladly buy such a deck, not realizing the negative impact that the card stock has had on the artwork.

Best wishes! :D
I also read your thread, its very interesting too :) Thanks for sharing.
Personally, I prefer a smoother handling experience.
Side note, there is this other finish that is actually an array of small dent on the card stock.
It has the same effect as linen card stock but the embossing effect is much less noticeable. :)
GraphicBodega
Seeker

Post by GraphicBodega »

Took me a while and it does not look perfect yet, but I finally made a little sign-up page:

https://mailchi.mp/33c969bc662b/amble-tarot

Please consider signing up if you like the project and want to see it being printed.

Additionally, I am planning to do some sort of Mobile/ Ipad Wallpaper for download via this signup page. (It will take sometime, but I will try my best to do it ASAP.) Massive thank you for all the kind words and comment so far :)
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Awesome art! I would zoom in & reduce pillar size as imo it may look good on screen but may take attention away from scene as pillar is larger? :lol:

p.s linen my fav! & with PoD you can have both options available!^^

p.s @GraphicBodega what is 3rd option we are talking about? :mrgreen:
curiousanneli
Seeker

Post by curiousanneli »

I do supply tarot decks to readers. I must see these are beautiful illustrations and I want this too. yem tarot wants it. I love how elaborate these are. not very literal. for example, there is a cold fox on the Fool card and not a figure like Joker or Pied piper.
YemTarot
*free personalised readings*

Return to “Sneak Peeks & Works in Progress”