This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Merrick’s Mundanities

Merrick
Sage

Merrick’s Mundanities

Post by Merrick »

Come one, come all! Master at the marvel of Merrick’s mundanities! No question too everyday, no insight too trite.

I’ll have time most weekdays except Wednesday if you need a time sensitive answer.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Merrick’s Mundanities

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! Here's one for you: How will my zoom call with the doctor go in the morning? (No need for medical advice. Just if a zoom with a doctor will be at all useful or go smoothly, etc.)

Thanks!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Rachelcat wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 17:53 Hi! Here's one for you: How will my zoom call with the doctor go in the morning? (No need for medical advice. Just if a zoom with a doctor will be at all useful or go smoothly, etc.)

Thanks!
Hi Rachelcat! I drew these cards for your query:

Based on this I’m seeing some possible connection difficulties, likely of a technical variety, that you and the doctor will have to overcome in order to have a smooth call. Once that’s resolved, I’m seeing a cordial and fruitful visit. Both participants look relaxed and they’re both brandishing cups, seems like once the connection is made things will go smoothly indeed! Please let me know after the fact how it went.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Interesting. I'd probably have read that as some kind of administrative snafu. I'm curious to see how it turns out.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Charlie Brown wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 21:20 Interesting. I'd probably have read that as some kind of administrative snafu. I'm curious to see how it turns out.
Just to elaborate, I saw the intertwined lines of the swords as the web/internet, the two swords cutting through as Rachel and the doctor eventually connecting. The oval shape of the swords is the eye of a webcam.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Yes, all went well. We did have a bit of a freeze-up during the call, but no problem connecting. We were indeed easy and comfortable. All went well! Thanks!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Merrick wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 21:14 I drew these cards for your query:
What a lovely deck, a very unique look to it, such lively colours and cheerful expressions. Gotta get it! What is it?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

What is a good way to draw some attention to my album?
I believe in Crystal Light.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

dodalisque wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 15:50
Merrick wrote: 14 Jul 2020, 21:14 I drew these cards for your query:
What a lovely deck, a very unique look to it, such lively colours and cheerful expressions. Gotta get it! What is it?
It’s the new Yves Reynaud, the François Gassman 1840: https://www.tarot-de-marseille-heritage ... n1840.html

The colors were the first thing that drew me to the deck, then the expressions and the ornate designs on the cards, and finally the cards that deviate from the traditional TdM depictions, like Le Pendu. The blue backs are also gorgeous. I would say it is the prettiest and most pleasant TdM I have ever encountered!
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Charlie Brown wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 17:18 What is a good way to draw some attention to my album?
Hey Charlie, here is what I drew for your question: Image

I’m seeing you on your horse, questing after success for your album (I’m going to leave it up to you to determine what a success condition is for this release). Behind you stands significant success and an angel. The combination of an angel with a whole lot of coins makes me think of an angel investor or patron, someone who appreciates your work and has resources to offer. Is there someone already in your life who can fill this role, or someone who can make an introduction for you? It looks like some backing would go a long way in raising awareness of this new release.

The other thing I’m seeing is that neither you nor the angel are looking at the 10 of coins. This may be an unexpected ally, someone that wouldn’t normally occupy that role but in this particular case is just the right fit. Keep an eye and an ear out!

Let me know how this plays out for you!
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I have only one trivial question on my mind this month, so I thought I would cheat and ask for a simple straightforward prediction from Rachelcat, Merrick, and Charlie Brown on this topic. Each of you should draw your own card(s) and reach your own conclusions. I am hoping for a clairvoyant consensus. It's about English soccer.

You may need some background information. In England you are born supporting one team or another and you are stuck with it for life. It's the way things are. People are free to change their politics or religion or even their sex but not their football team. Unfortunately my team is Birmingham City, who have been in existence since 1875 and never won a sausage. To be a Birmingham City fan is to swim in an ocean of never-ending defeat and humiliation. I was taken to my first game when I was 5 and even though I left England for Canada over 40 years ago still follow them avidly. I can't explain it.

You should also know that our arch-rivals are a team called Aston Villa. I would NEVER have a friend who supported Aston Villa. At school and at work the two rival sets of supporters are forced to come into contact but never really talk or feel comfortable around one another. When the two teams, whose stadiums are only a couple of miles apart, play against each other, the entire city of Birmingham, the second largest in the country after London, shutters its windows and there are public riots. A defeat for Aston Villa by some other opponent, however reviled, is actually more enjoyable than a victory for my own team. Schadenfreude.

We have now reached the final game of the season and both Birmingham City and Aston Villa are facing catastrophe. I deeply want Birmingham City to survive, and I even more deeply want Aston Villa to perish. They are not playing each other - thank heavens - and are even in different leagues or divisions, but defeat in the next game could mean disaster for both teams. Both are facing relegation to a lower division. Financially they may not be able to survive if this happens. So a large part of my life is hanging in the balance here.

The question is this:

What will happen in the crucial games this week to Birmingham City and Aston Villa?

You may feel the need to do two separate readings, one for each team, or you may extend the reading to see what the future holds for both teams next season and beyond, or you may not be interested at all and ignore this question. That's OK too. But I'm anxious - can't think about anything else actually - and I need to spread my anxiety around. Of course I am hoping that you will all bring me good news about Birmingham City and bad news about Aston Villa, just so I can get some sleep before the big game.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”