This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

?s for Rachelcat

Rachelcat
Sage

?s for Rachelcat

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi!

I'll be most available on weekdays. I figure I can answer questions in the morning when I do my Deck of the Week, or in the evenings after work, or in between work things during the day (US Eastern time).

Ask me anything! Mundane, that is!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Merrick
Sage

Re: ?s for Rachelcat

Post by Merrick »

Hi Rachelcat,

I’m expecting a package at the end of the week and am wondering if it will arrive on time.

Thanks so much!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! I felt all psychological instead of reading the picture, but that's what I got, so:

Merrick.jpg

(I give up on trying to get pictures to come out right!)

Both the sender (Bateleur) and receiver, you (Emperatrise) are operating in good faith, but there still might be some confusion (Lune) regarding the actual delivery. It might be up to 2 days late, for the 2 dogs.

Let's see if this works!

Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Thanks! It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow but is currently in Montana, so I suspect you're right, especially as there's a handoff from FedEx to local USPS once it arrives in the city. I will let you know when it arrives. :)
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

The delivery estimate already slipped from today to tomorrow to Tuesday. I think your reading is right on the money.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

What is something that I'm not thinking of that can help increase my health or well-being?
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Charlie Brown wrote: 19 Jul 2020, 16:39 What is something that I'm not thinking of that can help increase my health or well-being?
Hi! well, I tried to read the pictures. Let me know what you think!

CB 7-19-20.jpg

You have everything you need to be healthful and well, you just have to put them in the right order on your table. Maybe exercise with a friend outdoors? Or dance! In any case, you will be well, bright and shining as the sun. Cut off worries about your health and use your head for other concerns.

How’s that work?

Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Makes sense to me.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I could also see that spread as saying to eat more vegetables, although I do eat plenty of them, so that's probably not the advice for me.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I have only one trivial question on my mind this month, so I thought I would cheat and ask for a simple straightforward prediction from Rachelcat, Merrick, and Charlie Brown on this topic. Each of you should draw your own card(s) and reach your own conclusions. I am hoping for a clairvoyant consensus. It's about English soccer.

You may need some background information. In England you are born supporting one team or another and you are stuck with it for life. It's the way things are. People are free to change their politics or religion or even their sex but not their football team. Unfortunately my team is Birmingham City, who have been in existence since 1875 and never won a sausage. To be a Birmingham City fan is to swim in an ocean of never-ending defeat and humiliation. I was taken to my first game when I was 5 and even though I left England for Canada over 40 years ago still follow them avidly. I can't explain it.

You should also know that our arch-rivals are a team called Aston Villa. I would NEVER have a friend who supported Aston Villa. At school and at work the two rival sets of supporters are forced to come into contact but never really talk or feel comfortable around one another. When the two teams, whose stadiums are only a couple of miles apart, play against each other, the entire city of Birmingham, the second largest in the country after London, shutters its windows and there are public riots. A defeat for Aston Villa by some other opponent, however reviled, is actually more enjoyable than a victory for my own team. Schadenfreude.

We have now reached the final game of the season and both Birmingham City and Aston Villa are facing catastrophe. I deeply want Birmingham City to survive, and I even more deeply want Aston Villa to perish. They are not playing each other - thank heavens - and are even in different leagues or divisions, but defeat in the next game could mean disaster for both teams. Both are facing relegation to a lower division. Financially they may not be able to survive if this happens. So a large part of my life is hanging in the balance here.

The question is this:

What will happen in the crucial games this week to Birmingham City and Aston Villa?

You may feel the need to do two separate readings, one for each team, or you may extend the reading to see what the future holds for both teams next season and beyond, or you may not be interested at all and ignore this question. That's OK too. But I'm anxious - can't think about anything else actually - and I need to spread my anxiety around. Of course I am hoping that you will all bring me good news about Birmingham City and bad news about Aston Villa, just so I can get some sleep before the big game.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I really like this question. Let's see what we get!

What will happen in the crucial game this week to Birmingham City?

BC.jpg

The team and its fans are tired of looking foolish with their private parts hanging out for all to see. The will win the game and feel like they’re flying on air. But it might not be enough to keep the team afloat for much longer. OR their losing streak will be over.

What will happen in the crucial game this week to Aston Villa?

AV.jpg

Ok, I really shuffled! I swear! They will go into it feeling like they can’t lose. But they can. And will. And they will be embarrassed. But changes will be made, and they will live to become contenders another day.

I hope this isn't too much bad news. Let me know how it turns out!

dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Rachelcat wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 20:27 What will happen in the crucial game this week to Birmingham City?

The team and its fans are tired of looking foolish with their private parts hanging out for all to see. The will win the game and feel like they’re flying on air. But it might not be enough to keep the team afloat for much longer. OR their losing streak will be over.
Aston Villa don't play their final game until Sunday but you were bang on about my team Birmingham City. The game finished about 2 minutes ago and my hair is white and I feel emotionally and physically drained, but EXULTANT! We survived! We actually played awful and lost our final game 1-3 at home, so the bare bum and exposed private parts are accurate. But somehow our rivals for relegation all lost even more disastrously so Birmingham fans are currently living in the ecstasy of the World card. The Death card suggests that "heads will roll" before the next season starts. We need to get rid of our entire team and bring in a bunch of new guys. Phew. I'll write again on Sunday to tell you how Aston Villa perform.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Rachelcat wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 20:27 But changes will be made, and they will live to become contenders another day.
Well, the game just finished and you were pretty much on the money. Villa drew their game 1-1, but Watford lost and Bournemeouth did not win by enough, so Villa survived and will play again in the top division the Premier League next season. Bad news for me! I was literally praying for them to get skunked. Next season I will have to stick a few more pins into my devil dolls - dressed in the claret and blue shirts of Aston Villa - to ensure they get relegated.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Absolutely! If tarot doesn't work, voodoo dolls!

kare
Sage

Post by kare »

This soccer thread just made my day. Thank you!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

kare wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 23:19 This soccer thread just made my day. Thank you!
If you want it, dodalisque and I talked soccer over on my thread too.

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Charlie Brown”