This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel's DoW 24 Dark Goddess Tarot

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel's DoW 24 Dark Goddess Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Back to tarot this week! Dark Goddess Tarot by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince is definitely my favorite goddess deck. (In fact, I recently took a new look at the Lo Scarabeo Universal Goddess, and I’m afraid I’ve lost all connection with it.) Dark Goddess has really large cards (5.5x3 inches) and one goddess per card Suits are elements, courts are Amazon, Siren, Witch, and Hag. The LWB includes origin of the goddess and a short, advice-y phrase. I also have the Fool’s Dog app.

Sunday Deck Interview

Sunday.jpg

(It’s only taken me 3 months to figure out how to rotate and crop pictures . . .)

Deck’s most important characteristic: Eight of Air, Crow Mother
It’s a very intellectual deck, with lots of information if you want to look for it. It might be limited by its theme, but it also expands the theme!

Deck’s strength: Two of Earth, Hel
It’s called the Dark Goddess, but it includes plenty of light and dark, and, more deeply, all goddesses have light and dark.

Deck’s weakness: Eight of Earth, Cailleach
You can kind of see the bones/work that went into it? I don’t really think that’s a weakness. Its creativity is definitely part of its charm.

What deck can teach me: Seven of Fire, Durga
It can teach me to love the fight, which definitely what Durga did. I also love the tiger!

How can I learn from it: Six of Fire, Epona
Victory exists within every fight. You gotta play to win. The LWB points out winning comes with alliances. I need to cooperate on the deck’s terms to get the most out of it.

Outcome of our work together: 0 Fool, Sheela Na Gig
The outcome is the beginning! Working with this deck can lead anywhere and everywhere. There is no limit.

I look forward to sharing this deck with you this week!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Rachel's DoW 24 Dark Goddess Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

Monday Goddess Be With Me

This is the spread in the LWB for this deck. I always liked the look of it, but haven’t gotten very satisfying results with it. Let’s try it again!

Monday.jpg

Who is at my left hand, helping me understand my experience? Two of Air, Athena
This is the right goddess for understanding. She was the culture-giver for ancient Greece, disseminating the arts of peace and war. She can help me discriminate ideas and analyze what’s going on with me.

Who is at my right hand, helping me accomplish my work in the world? Ace of Water, Face of the Deep
I love the mystery of this card, a face made of fish! She’s goddess of chaos before creation, the material of creation. I need to let emotion back into my relationship with the outside world. I don’t need to hide as much. My feelings are a key to doing what I need to do.

Who has my back, giving me protection? VI Lovers, Freya
She was a powerful Venus-like European goddess. Her sensuality is her power. And she used it to get what she wanted. She also helped other people and animals pair up to be more productive, like the birds and cats in the card.

Who leads the way forward, giving me inspiration? Four of Fire, Kamui Fuchi
This is a goddess of home and family. My inspiration is to celebrate family.

Who is emerging from my deep self as my potential? Siren of Water, Aphrodite
This doesn’t work at all! Unless it’s more like what I said about Freya. I will learn to use the power of attraction? Bring what I need through desire?

This is very watery, very romantic reading, which I really didn’t expect, so I’ll have to think about it for a while.

Happy Monday to you!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday All-Purpose Spread

Tuesday.jpg

Me: Eight of Water, Sedna
I will be thinking about and working on the emotional signals I got yesterday.

Issue: Three of Earth, Norns
The only thing certain in life are death and taxes.

Outcome: Two of Air, Athena
I will get it figured out and be able to tell things apart. Like the baby owl!

Advice: Five of Air, Harionago
Don’t let others demean or confuse me. I know what’s really going on.

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Wednesday Card of the Day

Wednesday.jpg

Six of Air, Scathach
“Celtic Goddess of the Sacred Isle
“Accept guidance and find your purpose.”

I’m open to accept guidance today. I’m looking for my purpose. Maybe I’ll find it when I accept guidance!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday All-Purpose Spread

I have a group reading this evening by video call. How will it go?

Thursday.jpg

Me: Witch of Earth, Inanna
I am a down-to-earth witch! I don’t play the woo-woo card when I read for others. I’m more reassuring and explaining how it works.

Issue: Ten of Earth, Ala
This is a group, so they’ll all be listening in on all the readings. I have a feeling the readings will be practical and rated pg.

Outcome: Hierophant, Cybele
They will think I know what I’m doing! And that I have actual wisdom for them. But it will be socially acceptable wisdom, again, not like “buy my $50 candle.” I’m a 5, so it will all turn out true to form for me.

Advice: Siren of Air, Lilith
The advice from the LWB: “Be seduced by the strange to grow your mind.” Take this as an opportunity to widen the horizons of the questioners?

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday All-Purpose Spread

I tried to use the rehash method to read these cards for two different subjects! Didn’t turn out too well, but I tried!

Friday.jpg

I’m not going to type up the readings. I got Wheel of Fortune as the outcome and Two of Air as advice, so I drew another card as the outcome if I follow the advice, and got Six of Air.

Athena and Scathach have been following me around this week. I think I need to listen closely to them!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Saturday, last day for Dark Goddess Tarot

Which goddess should I learn more about or concentrate on in the coming week?

Saturday.jpg

Amazon of Air, Skadi

A skiing goddess for a summer week! I’ve read about her and kind of know her story. I will re-read and figure out what message she has for me.

See you over in Sacred Days of Midsummer!

Return to “Week 24 - My Deck of the Week”