This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020, Amoroso - Gothic Tarot of Vargo

Amoroso
Sage

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020, Amoroso - Gothic Tarot of Vargo

Post by Amoroso »

This Mercury retrograde is really something. But as they say: better late than never.

I'm thinking of using dark decks exclusively for the remaining three signposts of the year. I think it's very apropos of this sad zeitgeist - with all the lockdowns, uncertainty and disasters, all these frays and tumult and troubles.

For this Summer, I'd be consulting the Vargo Gothic. I remember that this is the deck I used in the very first Sacred Days reading that I performed in a now-defunct forum. I wasn't able to finish that one though. With this, I'm going to bring that chapter to a close.

I'll interpret the cards based on both the general meanings I associate with them and the specific interpretations found in the deck's companion book. With all that said, let's get it on!
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Re: Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020, Amoroso - Gothic Tarot of Vargo

Post by Amoroso »

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020

Deck: Vargo Gothic

1. Birth of the Muses – June 14

The Reversed VII of Swords states that currently, my inspiration and creativity manifests itself in the intellectual sphere through the sound guidance and ideas I glean from the books that I read. It also suggests that for the next three months, I'd be best served consuming edifying/rousing reading.

SD-2020-2-01.jpg

2. Vestalia – June 15

The Reversed Lovers advises that the best way to tend to my family and home right now is to be proactive in solving the problems that arise before they fester. Being the arcanum of Gemini, I and my loved ones must be diplomatic in ironing out our differences, making sure that we express our thoughts clearly and dispassionately in order to prevent miscommunication.

SD-2020-2-02.jpg

3. Night of the Teardrop – June 16

The VIII of Wands opines that right now, my emotions are telling me that I'm on the cusp of myriad exciting possibilities. Many opportunities await, but pretty soon I'd have to move quickly if I'm to take advantage of this bounty.

SD-2020-2-03.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

4. Juno, Goddess of Fertility and Union – June 17

The Reversed Star warns that I must be careful lest I develop an excess of haughtiness from the triumphs that I've accomplished. I must always try to take the high road, to remember where I came from in order to avoid being ruled by condescension and pettiness.

SD-2020-2-04.jpg

5. Festival of Strawberries – June 18

The Reversed Knave of Wands entreats me to still pursue productive pursuits even while enjoying all the sweetness that life offers. The time spent on leisure should result in positive stimulation, a feeling of fulfillment and enrichment instead of destructive emotions.

SD-2020-2-05.jpg

6. Oak King – June 19

The Devil assures me that resisting temptation and denying the baser instincts/impulses that are fuelled by my darker side are my chief strengths. Among other things, that is.

SD-2020-2-06.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

7. Scrying – June 20

The IV of Cups announces that for this quarter I shall still be given some respite from material/mundane concerns so that I may focus on wholesome rest, on recharging my batteries. I must be careful though lest this boon devolves into restlessness or apathy.

SD-2020-2-07.jpg

8. Summer Solstice – June 21

What an auspicious card for this summer solstice.The Knight of Cups suggests that I shine best by exhibiting empathy and graciousness in my daily interactions, and also by embodying the very virtues of refinement and sprezzatura. Its other meaning dovetails beautifully with the alternative métier hinted at by my arcanum of the sixth Sacred Day.

SD-2020-2-08.jpg

9. Honey Moon – June 22

The Reversed III of Swords advises (and quite evidently at that) that the most effective way for me to enjoy myself would be by letting go of previous sorrows, and by eliminating useless distractions so that I can live fully in the present. In truth though, these may only be convincingly applied if I have fully internalized the lessons I acquired from my past mistakes, so some introspection is called for.

SD-2020-2-09.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

10. Saint John’s Eve – June 23

The II of Swords affirms that a stable status quo of peace and harmony is what would protect me and heal my psyche. I must cultivate a flair for diplomacy, a clear-headed and rational outlook that aims for a fair and sustainable resolution in order to avoid impasses/gridlocks.

SD-2020-2-10.jpg

11. Guru Purnima – June 24

The Wheel of Fortune teaches me that as I've discovered time and time again, not only in my past readings but as shown by my experiences as well, I only have to give any concern my best shot and Fate will provide a highly satisfactory resolution. Agonizing excessively over them would only be counterproductive. Developing a long-term perspective and entrusting my cares to fair Providence would be in my best interests.

SD-2020-2-11.jpg

12. Parvati, Earth Mother – June 25

This is related to the previous Sacred Day in that the Reversed Magician assures me that once I've taken care of the factors that are under my control to the best of my abilities, I do not have to exert more extranatural effort to ensure that the results would be to my favor. I should just keep my chin up, steel my mind, and not let my successes cloud my judgement lest I overplay my hand.

Look at the card itself and see how the lightning is fed to the very ground. This suggests the alchemy of the unlikely, the marriage of lofty ideas to pragmatic strategies in order to ensure success, however implausible the goal.

SD-2020-2-12.jpg
Start strong
End stronger
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Amoroso wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 01:45 This Mercury retrograde is really something. But as they say: better late than never.
Thank you so much for joining us and better late than never indeed!

This is such an interesting and beautiful deck you've chosen.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Joan Marie wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 06:30
Amoroso wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 01:45 This Mercury retrograde is really something. But as they say: better late than never.
Thank you so much for joining us and better late than never indeed!

This is such an interesting and beautiful deck you've chosen.
Thank you. I've been looking forward to this, and joining the group has been such a pleasure. Until the autumn equinox!
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020: Hosted by Nemia”