This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020: qndynes, Tarot of Delphi

qndynes
Sage

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020: qndynes, Tarot of Delphi

Post by qndynes »

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020 - June 14 - 25

1. Birth of the Muses – June 14: This card shows how our inspiration and creativity is manifesting.

2. Vestalia – June 15: An ancient Roman festival dedicated to Vesta, Goddess of the Hearth. This card shows us our hearth, the fire at the center of our life and home, and how to tend to it.

3. Night of the Teardrop – June 16: Remembrance of the tears of Isis causing the Nile River to overflow. This card shows what our emotions are telling us at this time.

4. Juno, Goddess of Fertility and Union – June 17: Celebrating the ancient Roman goddess for whom the month of June is named. This card shows us an area of fertile growth in our lives.

5. Festival of Strawberries – June 18: As the strawberries ripen, this card shows us the sweetness in our lives and encourages us to live in the moment.

6. Oak King – June 19: A dedication to the Oak King, who is now near the height of his power in his battle with the Holly King. This card shows us our strength.

7. Scrying – June 20: In the tradition of scrying at the time of Midsummer, this card shows us a blessing to come.

8. Summer Solstice – June 21: We are at the height of the sun’s power, the longest day, in the Northern Hemisphere; OR in the Southern Hemisphere this day is the turning point for the days to get longer. This card shows us how to shine our own light like the Sun.

9. Honey Moon – June 22: This card shows us how to release anxieties or worries, how to enjoy ourselves.

10. Saint John’s Eve – June 23: Like the herbs traditionally gathered on St. John’s Eve, this card shows what protects or heals us.

11. Guru Purnima – June 24: Indian festival of expressing gratitude to teachers. This card reminds us of a lesson we have learned, or an experience or person who taught us something, that we should remember and have gratitude for as we move forward.

12. Parvati, Earth Mother – June 25: The card shows us how to ground ourselves and how to connect with the earth’s abundance.
I wanted to created a thread for my sacred days of midsummer reading, which I will begin tonight. It was a busy weekend and I missed the beginning date of June 14th. Will be using my Tarot of Delphi Tarot. I'm feeling the warm summer vibes and the romantic scenes pulling at my senses.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Nemia
Sage

Re: Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020: qndynes, Tarot of Delphi

Post by Nemia »

Oh, one of the lucky people who own the beautiful deck, desired by many! I hope we'll get pictures.....
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

This deck arrived in such an unexpected way to my life that if I told you you maybe wouldn't believe it. I love it to pieces but rarely use it because it is so beauitful I fear to bend the cardstock.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

This deck arrived in such an unexpected way to my life that if I told you maybe you wouldn't believe me. I love it to pieces but rarely use it because I fear to bend the card-stock.

To the cards:
1. Birth of the Muses – June 14: This card shows how our inspiration and creativity is manifesting.
Creativity is manifesting from below, from the silent conncetion of the earth/the ground/the underworld upward. It's almost cthonic, and it is also divine, I see it as divinely propitious. It is a slow process of listening and communing, awaiting the divine upsurge of creativity. Interesting, very interesting for me and something I have to sit with honestly. Especially as I have a healthy relationship with the/my ancestors.
20200617_152442(1)_copy_561x513.jpg
2. Vestalia – June 15: An ancient Roman festival dedicated to Vesta, Goddess of the Hearth. This card shows us our hearth, the fire at the center of our life and home, and how to tend to it.
Circe, no fire here but water, deep water. At the center of my hearth is a deep well and I tend to it by buidling parameters for this well so as not to overspill, so that it doesn't inundate everything around me, including my life. Drowning all else.
20200617_153543(1)_copy_567x507.jpg
3. Night of the Teardrop – June 16: Remembrance of the tears of Isis causing the Nile River to overflow. This card shows what our emotions are telling us at this time
Rejoice in your kingdom in what you've accomplished despite the defeats.
20200617_153953(1)_copy_570x504.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

4. Juno, Goddess of Fertility and Union – June 17: Celebrating the ancient Roman goddess for whom the month of June is named. This card shows us an area of fertile growth in our lives.
An area of fertile growth? Death and 5 of coins? Hm, I'm hoping thisbis saying something along theblines of the end of poverty, exile, and extreme necessity.
20200622_090011_copy_624x832.jpg
5. Festival of Strawberries – June 18: As the strawberries ripen, this card shows us the sweetness in our lives and encourages us to live in the moment.
The star and two of coins, the regeneration of embodiment, dreams, and connection. Greater spiritual development through negotiation and moderation of aims.
20200622_090249_copy_717x956.jpg
6. Oak King – June 19: A dedication to the Oak King, who is now near the height of his power in his battle with the Holly King. This card shows us our strength.
Judgement and 7 of cups, not sure about the doom and gloom or greater trumps that keep showing up but is my strength ultimately discernement? I've grown to "hear" the greater voice to discern and differentiate between things and experiences.

20200622_090421_copy_717x956.jpg
7. Scrying – June 20: In the tradition of scrying at the time of Midsummer, this card shows us a blessing to come.
3 of cups and knight of swords, joy in resilience. "Tough skin."

20200622_090513_copy_717x956.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

8. Summer Solstice – June 21: We are at the height of the sun’s power, the longest day, in the Northern Hemisphere; OR in the Southern Hemisphere this day is the turning point for the days to get longer. This card shows us how to shine our own light like the Sun.
Again with the suffering, so many swords! Is that the saturnine nature shining through? How do I shine my light like the sun? Standing firm, resolute in strength to withstand the tides that would overtake me, despite the temptations that pull.
20200623_224804(1).jpg
9. Honey Moon – June 22: This card shows us how to release anxieties or worries, how to enjoy ourselves.
Knowing how to play and wind my own tune despite being cast away.
20200623_224849(1).jpg
10. Saint John’s Eve – June 23: Like the herbs traditionally gathered on St. John’s Eve, this card shows what protects or heals us.
What protects me is my own resilience and capacity to get back up even when I've been "torn asunder."
20200623_224915(1)_copy_591x486.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

The final two:
11. Guru Purnima – June 24: Indian festival of expressing gratitude to teachers. This card reminds us of a lesson we have learned, or an experience or person who taught us something, that we should remember and have gratitude for as we move forward.
20200626_082610(1)_copy_557x560.jpg

9 of wands and the siren. I've learned from having fallen into the darkness, survived exile and loss. The tricks of being led astray. I remember to be grateful for having survived and to keep going.
12. Parvati, Earth Mother – June 25: The card shows us how to ground ourselves and how to connect with the earth’s abundance.
20200626_082624(1)_copy_578x539.jpg

Artisan of coins and threads of fate. Keep going, honing your craft, your art despite the changes of fate. Stick with it.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I have to add a further note. When I turned over the deck after the last two cards pulled and read, the empress apeared in all her splendour and beauty. Truly venusian, and I completed this final reading on a friday. So I will take this as a token of hope, of love, beauty and abundance for me and my home.

20200626_083130_copy_655x873.jpg

Return to “Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020: Hosted by Nemia”