This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020 - June 14 - 25

Nemia
Sage

Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020 - June 14 - 25

Post by Nemia »

Today we opened the month of June, and very soon, we'll be celebrating the Summer Solstice, one of the high points of the year. They are magical times, the two solstices and two equinoxes which order our lives, seasons, cultures, holidays... and whenever you see a clockface or a compass rose, you see what a deep impression the idea of the "cross in circle" has made on the human mind.

In a small but significant way, we celebrate these cosmic events in the tarot world. Every three months, we perform 12 daily readings in harmony with the holy days of the season. I've been participating in these events since June 2017, and it has connected me more deeply to the rhythm of time.

We'll start on June 14 - that's only two more weeks! We have time to ponder which deck to use - I used the Harmonious, Rosetta and Etruscan decks for earlier Summer Solstice readings, and I want a "summery" deck again, warm colours...

If you want more background about the "Signposts of the Year", you'll find it here.

And if you're curious about the reading, here are the twelve days and their cards:

Sacred Days of Midsummer

1. Birth of the Muses – June 14: This card shows how our inspiration and creativity is manifesting.

2. Vestalia – June 15: An ancient Roman festival dedicated to Vesta, Goddess of the Hearth. This card shows us our hearth, the fire at the center of our life and home, and how to tend to it.

3. Night of the Teardrop – June 16: Remembrance of the tears of Isis causing the Nile River to overflow. This card shows what our emotions are telling us at this time.

4. Juno, Goddess of Fertility and Union – June 17: Celebrating the ancient Roman goddess for whom the month of June is named. This card shows us an area of fertile growth in our lives.

5. Festival of Strawberries – June 18: As the strawberries ripen, this card shows us the sweetness in our lives and encourages us to live in the moment.

6. Oak King – June 19: A dedication to the Oak King, who is now near the height of his power in his battle with the Holly King. This card shows us our strength.

7. Scrying – June 20: In the tradition of scrying at the time of Midsummer, this card shows us a blessing to come.

8. Summer Solstice – June 21: We are at the height of the sun’s power, the longest day, in the Northern Hemisphere; OR in the Southern Hemisphere this day is the turning point for the days to get longer. This card shows us how to shine our own light like the Sun.

9. Honey Moon – June 22: This card shows us how to release anxieties or worries, how to enjoy ourselves.

10. Saint John’s Eve – June 23: Like the herbs traditionally gathered on St. John’s Eve, this card shows what protects or heals us.

11. Guru Purnima – June 24: Indian festival of expressing gratitude to teachers. This card reminds us of a lesson we have learned, or an experience or person who taught us something, that we should remember and have gratitude for as we move forward.

12. Parvati, Earth Mother – June 25: The card shows us how to ground ourselves and how to connect with the earth’s abundance.

Start your own thread here, choose your deck, and remember: there's absolutely no pressure. Ideally, we all draw our daily card every day at the same time. In the real world, we may have to do it differently - once every couple of days, or all at once. The main thing is to participate and to celebrate.

PS: I know which deck I'll use - the Pharos!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020 - June 14 - 25

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm really looking forward to this. I think an exercise like this right now is just what the doctor ordered.

I haven't yet decided what deck to use yet, but lucky there is still time.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Count me in, I really enjoyed this last year and want to repeat the joy this year. Now to consider what deck to use.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I'd like to join in, please. Summer makes me think of 1967, The Summer of Love, so I'll probably use The Beatles Tarot, but I might have changed my mind by June 14th. The Sgt. Pepper album was released on May 26th 1967. Maybe use a different deck for each day.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Can't wait to dive in.
Start strong
End stronger
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I can't wait!!! I'm glad I'm not the one feeling that I'm more in need than ever. My life has been turned around so drastically (and happily) that I really want to get some long-term perspective.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Starts Sunday! I'm really looking forward to this much needed reading.

Everybody start your own thread (topic) here

It's the best way to keep all your readings together.

Can't wait to see you all there.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Sacred Days of Midsummer 2020: Hosted by Nemia”