This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rehash: Rachelcat reads for kare

Rachelcat
Sage

Rehash: Rachelcat reads for kare

Post by Rachelcat »

Hi! I think I'll do three cards with my ersatz Marseilles, if that sounds ok to you.

What are your three questions?

I'm looking forward to experimenting on you! :D
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
kare
Sage

Re: Rehash: Rachelcat reads for kare

Post by kare »

Rachelcat wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 16:15 Hi! I think I'll do three cards with my ersatz Marseilles, if that sounds ok to you.

What are your three questions?

I'm looking forward to experimenting on you! :D
Hahaha, I'm looking forward to being experimented on. Whatever deck choice you like is great.

My three questions are (and this part really is hard, but yours were great):

Chances are good I will be going back to work at the end of the summer after 14 months not working. Life has been crazy but there is a huge chill/relaxation factor that is making it hard to imagine working again. How on earth do I get my head back in the game?

My husband is looking for a job that would take us out of the current city we live in. We are always putting off investing in improvements to our home because we always think we are moving, but so far no better job has become available. This has gone on for a few years. We are thrifty too, so we hesitate to spend if we will be leaving. I also don't want to wait indefinitely and never fix the crappy back porch, for example. So how do we decide what to fix now, or should we just wait?

I feel like one of my social media feeds has become filled with some toxic stuff going around. I normally really enjoy posting on it, but can't ignore or cut off the toxicity. I'm thinking about really stepping back from it in a big way, but I'm also pretty connected in some ways to others on the platform. What is the best way to remove myself from all this while maintaining the things I like? If that's possible at all.

I hope these are not too tricky. Thank you so much. Let me know if I need to explain more or clarify.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

All good questions here! I’m reading three cards, no positions, no reversals. Let the experiment begin!

kare rehash 6-10-20.jpg

kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:21 Chances are good I will be going back to work at the end of the summer after 14 months not working. Life has been crazy but there is a huge chill/relaxation factor that is making it hard to imagine working again. How on earth do I get my head back in the game?
You’re just going to have to put a whole lot of energy (10 Wands) into your work to overcome your worries (9 Swords) about work. The knight is carrying the energy to the worries. As Knight of Cups, you should keep in mind why you’re doing it anyway, even or especially if it’s “I have to support my family.”
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:21 My husband is looking for a job that would take us out of the current city we live in. We are always putting off investing in improvements to our home because we always think we are moving, but so far no better job has become available. This has gone on for a few years. We are thrifty too, so we hesitate to spend if we will be leaving. I also don't want to wait indefinitely and never fix the crappy back porch, for example. So how do we decide what to fix now, or should we just wait?
I feel like I’m totally making this up, but here we go: Your choice is do a lot of work (10 Wands) or take care of only the dangerous or unhealthy things (9 Swords). The knight is facing the swords, so he says only fix the things that you need to so no one will fall though the porch, or you continue to have hot water, etc. Knight of Cups says again this is for your family.
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:21 I feel like one of my social media feeds has become filled with some toxic stuff going around. I normally really enjoy posting on it, but can't ignore or cut off the toxicity. I'm thinking about really stepping back from it in a big way, but I'm also pretty connected in some ways to others on the platform. What is the best way to remove myself from all this while maintaining the things I like? If that's possible at all.
You are a sensitive person (Knight of Cups), and these kinds of emotionally toxic posts really affect you. It’s hard to ignore or let go of. It’s like all those people you’re talking with are hitting each other over the head with sticks (10 Wands). And you take it personally and you can’t help thinking about it (9 Swords). I can’t really answer your question, but you need to focus on how you feel, not on all the nonsense people are spouting. Follow your heart to really take care of yourself. (I thought I was giving up on the directional thing for this, but here it is again, the knight is facing what is most important.)

Well, I think the experiment went ok, except once I saw the directional thing, I could't shake it. But it seemed to work for all three questions. Maybe. Let me know what you think!

kare
Sage

Post by kare »

First, your Marseille is really cute. Which one is it?
Rachelcat wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 14:55 All good questions here! I’m reading three cards, no positions, no reversals. Let the experiment begin!

kare rehash 6-10-20.jpg

kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:21 Chances are good I will be going back to work at the end of the summer after 14 months not working. Life has been crazy but there is a huge chill/relaxation factor that is making it hard to imagine working again. How on earth do I get my head back in the game?
You’re just going to have to put a whole lot of energy (10 Wands) into your work to overcome your worries (9 Swords) about work. The knight is carrying the energy to the worries. As Knight of Cups, you should keep in mind why you’re doing it anyway, even or especially if it’s “I have to support my family.”
This is really helpful advice. A big part of it is my family. And that has been helpful in shifting my perspective in the past. It makes sense here, the 10 wands as representing all the work I need to put in, that will in the end help me. It's interesting that the knight splits the swords and the wands, because I would almost say the swords and wands are connected, at least the way I was thinking about it before. But putting the knight in the middle also seems to say that putting in the work isn't something I need to be concerned about. It's work i've done before too. So the fact that the emotional knight is overfocused on the 9 makes sense. I also love how you tie the cups to the relationships in my life.
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:21 My husband is looking for a job that would take us out of the current city we live in. We are always putting off investing in improvements to our home because we always think we are moving, but so far no better job has become available. This has gone on for a few years. We are thrifty too, so we hesitate to spend if we will be leaving. I also don't want to wait indefinitely and never fix the crappy back porch, for example. So how do we decide what to fix now, or should we just wait?
I feel like I’m totally making this up, but here we go: Your choice is do a lot of work (10 Wands) or take care of only the dangerous or unhealthy things (9 Swords). The knight is facing the swords, so he says only fix the things that you need to so no one will fall though the porch, or you continue to have hot water, etc. Knight of Cups says again this is for your family.
It does not seem like you are making this up. Any more than I feel like I am making up like every reading I do. lol. This is helpful in encouraging me to think of things with a healthy perspective. I do want to enjoy more about my home, and some improvements would have an immediate positive impact. It would also probably help me and the family to enjoy things more, so the knight of cups with the emotions fits.
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 17:21 I feel like one of my social media feeds has become filled with some toxic stuff going around. I normally really enjoy posting on it, but can't ignore or cut off the toxicity. I'm thinking about really stepping back from it in a big way, but I'm also pretty connected in some ways to others on the platform. What is the best way to remove myself from all this while maintaining the things I like? If that's possible at all.
You are a sensitive person (Knight of Cups), and these kinds of emotionally toxic posts really affect you. It’s hard to ignore or let go of. It’s like all those people you’re talking with are hitting each other over the head with sticks (10 Wands). And you take it personally and you can’t help thinking about it (9 Swords). I can’t really answer your question, but you need to focus on how you feel, not on all the nonsense people are spouting. Follow your heart to really take care of yourself. (I thought I was giving up on the directional thing for this, but here it is again, the knight is facing what is most important.)
This makes a lot of sense too. It's more and more interesting how the knight is in between two things in each reading. I have to deal with my own stress about it and maybe not take on unnecessary burdens. It's like you just gave me permission to do that, and that is what I needed to hear.
Well, I think the experiment went ok, except once I saw the directional thing, I could't shake it. But it seemed to work for all three questions. Maybe. Let me know what you think!
I think it is totally fine how the directional thing worked. It fit for everything. I am sure if it didn't apply to one of the readings, you would have looked at it differently. It did work for all the questions, and I feel like your reading helped me see some nuances in the cards from one thing to the next. I suppose someone could also argue that if these three questions are on your mind, the cards can also show patterns that underlie everything. That 9 of swords really hits on what a worry wart I am, and the 10 of wands fits my general sense of carrying burdens or uncertainty about those things, and me in the middle with the emotional agency really is probably where I'm at right now.

Thank you so much for this awesome reading.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

kare wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 18:43 First, your Marseille is really cute. Which one is it?
It's the Angel Tarot, a US Games redrawing from the 90s. I like the colors and clean lines. The only thing I don't like is it uses RWS titles, but I can ignore them when I want to! It's long out of print tho. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/angel-marseille/ I think my copy is pirated because it has a very different back than shown in the link. Oh, another link: I used it as one of my decks of the week if you want to see more. viewtopic.php?f=274&t=2619
kare wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 18:43 I suppose someone could also argue that if these three questions are on your mind, the cards can also show patterns that underlie everything. That 9 of swords really hits on what a worry wart I am, and the 10 of wands fits my general sense of carrying burdens or uncertainty about those things, and me in the middle with the emotional agency really is probably where I'm at right now.
Right! The cards also give us a mindset that is involved in all three questions! We should definitely add that to the rehash scenario! :D

Thanks for your feedback!

Return to “Tarot: Rehash Reading: Hosted by kare”