This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

kare Reads for Rachelcat: Rehash Reading

kare
Sage

kare Reads for Rachelcat: Rehash Reading

Post by kare »

Hi, Rachelcat,

What are your three questions?

And thank you for doing this with me. I've only done it for myself before, so I am interested to see how it works.
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: kare Reads for Rachelcat: Rehash Reading

Post by Rachelcat »

Here are my questions! I'll start your thread shortly.

My son asked me to help him buy an engagement ring! (They already live together.) How much should I be involved in the ring and engagement process?

My mom’s 90th birthday is tomorrow! We couldn’t have a party for her, or even go see her, because of quarantine, but we sent her a bunch of random stuff. When the quarantine is over, when should we have the party: Soon after we know it’s over? Or plan on a 91st birthday party?

All this working at home has definitely changed the way I work. When things kind of go back to normal, will this be a change for the better or the worse for me?

Thanks for giving them a try. I look forward to it!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Rachelcat wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 15:05 Here are my questions! I'll start your thread shortly.

My son asked me to help him buy an engagement ring! (They already live together.) How much should I be involved in the ring and engagement process?

My mom’s 90th birthday is tomorrow! We couldn’t have a party for her, or even go see her, because of quarantine, but we sent her a bunch of random stuff. When the quarantine is over, when should we have the party: Soon after we know it’s over? Or plan on a 91st birthday party?

All this working at home has definitely changed the way I work. When things kind of go back to normal, will this be a change for the better or the worse for me?

Thanks for giving them a try. I look forward to it!
Thank you for your questions. I used the Kawaii Tarot. I like the simplicity of pip decks and the world of posibility they open up, and this one is ridiculously cute, and also very inexpensive. At least it was when I got it. Small size too.

I meant to pull three cards in this pattern: problem, challenge, solution. However I might just end up reading them in a logical line.

Reversed 5 Swords, 9 Swords, 10 Swords
Then a fourth one came out, so the underlying influence: Reversed Ace Pentacles.

1. How much should you be involved in the ring and engagement process? This doesn't seem to be a question about how much financial support you should offer, but a more general one, even though financial support must be part of it because you mentioned it.

Reversed 5 Swords indicates that you are in a position to be supportive but it is somehow uncomfortable. That one sword holding up the others. The 9 of Swords indicates all thoughts are focused on one overwhelming direction, and the 10 for me is always a breaking point and release. Perhaps this is an uncomfortable position for you to be in, and because of that, it causes you to overthink one feature of this participation, and the real solution is to let go. Give him some money and support, but without setting expectations for the outcome.

The reversed Ace of Pents as the underlying influence to me indicates a sense that you are not on stable ground with this, and perhaps this is the cause of your concern about how much to get involved. What would get you back to solid ground or a feeling of abundance and possiblity?

2. Your grandmother's birthday. How amazing that she is 90! What a gift.

Reveversed 5 Swords is a kind of surrender. The 9 of Swords is a heightened focus. The 10 is ultimate acceptance. Basically I think that right now you have to surrender to the situation and continue doing so, but the 9 encourages you to keep your eye on your goal of celebrating her life in spite of that surrender. Finally, the 10 to me says that you should be flexible. I interpret that to mean don't fix your idea on a particular date, but celebrate at the first safe opportunity. At her age, the gift of her life to your entire family is cause for celebration each day. In fact, zoom with her as soon as you can.

The reversed Ace of Pents is that worry, that uncertainty and lack of groundedness. Let that inform you. Do it when it is safe to do so, but I wonder if there are ways to do it earlier in a small way, like zoom or a handwriten card, in the meantime. That is a way to put you on solid ground, to reestablish that structure of celebrating birthdays.

3. The way you work has changed. When things go back to normal, will this be a change for the better or the worse?

Reversed 5 Swords: here I see this as you being out of your comfort zone when you return. Maybe even in a very literal sense as you leave home. The 9 Swords is the challenge, how to direct your focus, even the full power of your focus, to the goal you want to achieve at work. Maybe it isn't so much about how you have changed but your concerns about what you can achieve in returning with the way you have adapted to quarantine. The 10 Swords is the solution. 10 swords pointing to a broken heart, all focused on one damaged point. This is a question for me. Your old ways of working got disrupted, but you adapted. The broken heart isn't split apart. It's got a scar. You grew and adapted. I think the solution is to focus on your adaptability. What has it taught you? You are able to focus on and respond to a changing situation. I think you will adapt.

Reversed Ace of Pents. Underlying influence. A feeling of distance from abundance or groundedness. Being at home has perhaps become a comfort zone, a source of strength and stability, but returning to work will disrupt your flow again. This concern possibly lies at the heart of how you perceive returning to work and influences your ability to trust your adaptability.

Final thoughts: all swords, and two in a progression, like the challenge leads to the outcome in a very direct manner. So all of these concerns are of the intellect, and the intellect is perhaps a way to manage them. The reversed Ace of Pents shows there is a sense of not being grounded or a distancing from your sense of abundance and possiblity that underlies everything. That really fits with the way so many things are up in the air as relates to your questions. How can you regain that sense of groundedness?

I hope this helps and wasn't too out there.

Thank you so much for letting me read for you.
Attachments
IMG_20200609_160719510.jpg
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thanks for the readings! Here’s the feedback!
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 I used the Kawaii Tarot. I like the simplicity of pip decks and the world of possibility they open up, and this one is ridiculously cute, and also very inexpensive. At least it was when I got it. Small size too.
Nothing better than a cute, small pips deck. Although small has to be relative for me these days because of my aging eyes . . .
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 1. How much should you be involved in the ring and engagement process? This doesn't seem to be a question about how much financial support you should offer, but a more general one, even though financial support must be part of it because you mentioned it.

Reversed 5 Swords indicates that you are in a position to be supportive but it is somehow uncomfortable. That one sword holding up the others. The 9 of Swords indicates all thoughts are focused on one overwhelming direction, and the 10 for me is always a breaking point and release. Perhaps this is an uncomfortable position for you to be in, and because of that, it causes you to overthink one feature of this participation, and the real solution is to let go. Give him some money and support, but without setting expectations for the outcome.

The reversed Ace of Pents as the underlying influence to me indicates a sense that you are not on stable ground with this, and perhaps this is the cause of your concern about how much to get involved. What would get you back to solid ground or a feeling of abundance and possibility?
Yes, the financial help is taken care of, but he mentioned maybe helping him pick out or other involvement. Once again, with all these swords, I’m overthinking it! Well, I’m not on stable ground, he’s my only child, so I’ve never done this before! And I don’t have a lot of social or emotional intelligence. That’s his department (Sagittarius)! So I guess the answer is as you suggest: follow his lead. I can do whatever he wants me to do in this. Good advice!
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 2. Your grandmother's birthday. How amazing that she is 90! What a gift.

Reversed 5 Swords is a kind of surrender. The 9 of Swords is a heightened focus. The 10 is ultimate acceptance. Basically I think that right now you have to surrender to the situation and continue doing so, but the 9 encourages you to keep your eye on your goal of celebrating her life in spite of that surrender. Finally, the 10 to me says that you should be flexible. I interpret that to mean don't fix your idea on a particular date, but celebrate at the first safe opportunity. At her age, the gift of her life to your entire family is cause for celebration each day. In fact, zoom with her as soon as you can.

The reversed Ace of Pents is that worry, that uncertainty and lack of groundedness. Let that inform you. Do it when it is safe to do so, but I wonder if there are ways to do it earlier in a small way, like zoom or a handwritten card, in the meantime. That is a way to put you on solid ground, to reestablish that structure of celebrating birthdays.
(It’s my mom that’s 90 today! I’m old . . .!) And I’m definitely blessed she’s around and healthy and sharp as a tack! As I said, I sent her a bunch of random stuff and cake and flowers, but a handwritten letter sounds good! With some memories. I’ll work on that this week. And I asked my coworkers and extended family to be sure to send lots of cards. She’s really enjoying getting them: she’s keeping a list!

I like the way you said surrender to the situation. What else can we do? But to celebrate as soon as it’s safe. I’m deciding that’s exactly what we’ll do. Gotta get my sister on the phone and start planning! (Just kidding. We have to wait until we have some kind of schedule . . .) Thanks for the perspective on this!
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 3. The way you work has changed. When things go back to normal, will this be a change for the better or the worse?

Reversed 5 Swords: here I see this as you being out of your comfort zone when you return. Maybe even in a very literal sense as you leave home. The 9 Swords is the challenge, how to direct your focus, even the full power of your focus, to the goal you want to achieve at work. Maybe it isn't so much about how you have changed but your concerns about what you can achieve in returning with the way you have adapted to quarantine. The 10 Swords is the solution. 10 swords pointing to a broken heart, all focused on one damaged point. This is a question for me. Your old ways of working got disrupted, but you adapted. The broken heart isn't split apart. It's got a scar. You grew and adapted. I think the solution is to focus on your adaptability. What has it taught you? You are able to focus on and respond to a changing situation. I think you will adapt.

Reversed Ace of Pents. Underlying influence. A feeling of distance from abundance or groundedness. Being at home has perhaps become a comfort zone, a source of strength and stability, but returning to work will disrupt your flow again. This concern possibly lies at the heart of how you perceive returning to work and influences your ability to trust your adaptability.
Yes, home is definitely my comfort zone. (I’m a Cancer sun.) And it makes me happy that everyone is telling me it’s the safest place to be these days! And I’m just concerned that it’s going to be hard to go back to going downtown every day, hour-long commutes, etc. On the other hand, I don’t want the fact that I now have the ability to work from home to mean that I’ll always be on call, even when I’m home from work . . . But, as you say, I adapted to this, I can adapt to whatever it all turns out to be. Focus on getting the job done the best I can with what I’ve got. Again, what else can I do?
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 Final thoughts: all swords, and two in a progression, like the challenge leads to the outcome in a very direct manner. So all of these concerns are of the intellect, and the intellect is perhaps a way to manage them. The reversed Ace of Pents shows there is a sense of not being grounded or a distancing from your sense of abundance and possibility that underlies everything. That really fits with the way so many things are up in the air as relates to your questions. How can you regain that sense of groundedness?
As I already said, all those swords, all that overthinking! But I think the groundedness thing will come when I trust myself to tap into my practical side. It’s always about trust, and for me, the key is always trust myself. Which I’m still learning to do.

Thank you so much for your readings! It’s so interesting how the readings are the same but different. I’m liking the rehash very much! Maybe I’ll just pull some cards now and use them for all my readings from now on! (Just kidding!) :lol:
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

It's funny you mention using one reading for all your future ones because I never understood why people do a year to.come reading. But I guess if you take the approach that the meanings of the cards aren't fixed in one single interpretation, it makes more sense that someone would use it as a reflective or meditative guide throughout the whole year. Or pulling a card for the month, etc.

On your work situation, I now wonder if that 9 and 10 also have to do with setting boundaries for your comfort. If you are worried there will be no distinction between work time and home time, I think those cards could be seen as addressing that too. All those 10 swords pointing at you, but the 9 setting up a clear wall and pushing back.

Thank you for your feedback! It was fun to look at how cards change from one situation to the next.
Rachelcat wrote: 10 Jun 2020, 16:12 Thanks for the readings! Here’s the feedback!
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 I used the Kawaii Tarot. I like the simplicity of pip decks and the world of possibility they open up, and this one is ridiculously cute, and also very inexpensive. At least it was when I got it. Small size too.
Nothing better than a cute, small pips deck. Although small has to be relative for me these days because of my aging eyes . . .
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 1. How much should you be involved in the ring and engagement process? This doesn't seem to be a question about how much financial support you should offer, but a more general one, even though financial support must be part of it because you mentioned it.

The reversed Ace of Pents as the underlying influence to me indicates a sense that you are not on stable ground with this, and perhaps this is the cause of your concern about how much to get involved. What would get you back to solid ground or a feeling of abundance and possibility?
Yes, the financial help is taken care of, but he mentioned maybe helping him pick out or other involvement. Once again, with all these swords, I’m overthinking it! Well, I’m not on stable ground, he’s my only child, so I’ve never done this before! And I don’t have a lot of social or emotional intelligence. That’s his department (Sagittarius)! So I guess the answer is as you suggest: follow his lead. I can do whatever he wants me to do in this. Good advice!
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 2. Your grandmother's birthday. How amazing that she is 90! What a gift.

Reversed 5 Swords is a kind of surrender. The 9 of Swords is a heightened focus. The 10 is ultimate acceptance. Basically I think that right now you have to surrender to the situation and continue doing so, but the 9 encourages you to keep your eye on your goal of celebrating her life in spite of that surrender. Finally, the 10 to me says that you should be flexible. I interpret that to mean don't fix your idea on a particular date, but celebrate at the first safe opportunity. At her age, the gift of her life to your entire family is cause for celebration each day. In fact, zoom with her as soon as you can.

The reversed Ace of Pents is that worry, that uncertainty and lack of groundedness. Let that inform you. Do it when it is safe to do so, but I wonder if there are ways to do it earlier in a small way, like zoom or a handwritten card, in the meantime. That is a way to put you on solid ground, to reestablish that structure of celebrating birthdays.
(It’s my mom that’s 90 today! I’m old . . .!) And I’m definitely blessed she’s around and healthy and sharp as a tack! As I said, I sent her a bunch of random stuff and cake and flowers, but a handwritten letter sounds good! With some memories. I’ll work on that this week. And I asked my coworkers and extended family to be sure to send lots of cards. She’s really enjoying getting them: she’s keeping a list!

I like the way you said surrender to the situation. What else can we do? But to celebrate as soon as it’s safe. I’m deciding that’s exactly what we’ll do. Gotta get my sister on the phone and start planning! (Just kidding. We have to wait until we have some kind of schedule . . .) Thanks for the perspective on this!
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 3. The way you work has changed. When things go back to normal, will this be a change for the better or the worse?

Yes, home is definitely my comfort zone. (I’m a Cancer sun.) And it makes me happy that everyone is telling me it’s the safest place to be these days! And I’m just concerned that it’s going to be hard to go back to going downtown every day, hour-long commutes, etc. On the other hand, I don’t want the fact that I now have the ability to work from home to mean that I’ll always be on call, even when I’m home from work . . . But, as you say, I adapted to this, I can adapt to whatever it all turns out to be. Focus on getting the job done the best I can with what I’ve got. Again, what else can I do?
kare wrote: 09 Jun 2020, 21:24 Final thoughts: all swords, and two in a progression, like the challenge leads to the outcome in a very direct manner. So all of these concerns are of the intellect, and the intellect is perhaps a way to manage them. The reversed Ace of Pents shows there is a sense of not being grounded or a distancing from your sense of abundance and possibility that underlies everything. That really fits with the way so many things are up in the air as relates to your questions. How can you regain that sense of groundedness?
As I already said, all those swords, all that overthinking! But I think the groundedness thing will come when I trust myself to tap into my practical side. It’s always about trust, and for me, the key is always trust myself. Which I’m still learning to do.

Thank you so much for your readings! It’s so interesting how the readings are the same but different. I’m liking the rehash very much! Maybe I’ll just pull some cards now and use them for all my readings from now on! (Just kidding!) :lol:

Return to “Tarot: Rehash Reading: Hosted by kare”