This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM Sign Up: The Enso Circle

Merrick
Sage

TdM Sign Up: The Enso Circle

Post by Merrick »

Happy June everyone!

This month we’re going to read with a spread by Camelia Elias, which she based on the Zen enso circle. The spread itself is very simple: You lay down four triumphs in a 2x2 square, with the first card in the upper left position and the other three laid out clockwise from there. The spread is also read clockwise starting with and also ending with that first card. The thing to consider here are the ways the cards sit in relation to the next card in the spread. Contemplate the circular nature of the layout as you do your reading. How does moving through the cards change the meaning of the first by the time you get back to it?

A fun additional exercise would be to describe what is happening in the center of the circle and then draw one additional triumph and see how it matches or challenges that description.

Sign up in this thread. Sign ups are available through June 10th, and I will assign partners by June 12th.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: TdM Sign Up: The Enso Circle

Post by Charlie Brown »

That looks intriguing. I'll try it.
I believe in Crystal Light.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Me too, please. The circular alarm clock I have on my bedside table is called an Enso clock, supposedly designed for setting times for meditation or exercise sessions. I've adapted it to deal exclusively with sleep. Is this spread an attempt to "square the circle"?
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I'll play! I need to brush up on my majors readings! Thanks for organizing us!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Charlie Brown and RachelCat will read for each other.

dodalisque and Merrick will read for each other.

I look forward to seeing everyone’s readings! Feel free to start your threads.

Thanks!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Merrick”