This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

JM's DoW: Button Soup Tarot

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

JM's DoW: Button Soup Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

Seeing as how Monday the 25th of May is the official birthday of Cult of Tarot Forum, I decided to use Button Soup Tarot for my deck of the week.

I'm going to steal a line or two from the message I plan to send out in honour of our birthday:
Button Soup Tarot is a perfect metaphor for this whole forum: I had no idea what I was doing; it was a lot of work and required the contributions and cooperation of a multitude of personalities of varied talents and points of view and temperaments coming together to create something so unique and beautiful (and quite nearly perfect) and to have that thing supported by so many others to bring it to life, to make it a success, to make it real.

I could not be more proud of what we have done here at Cult of Tarot. I thank you all and I can’t wait to see what this year brings.
So for my first draw of the week:

3 of Pentacles by Your Cheerleader
3 of Pentacles by Your Cheerleader

Seriously, I am nearly in tears. What a perfect card to begin with.
Tarot never stops amazing me.
You all cannot imagine the gratitude I am filled with at this moment.

The artist who created this card asked only to be known as "Your Cheerleader"
And here is Your Cheerleader's contribution to the l'il white book:
Dear Seeker: however you interpret me, I am here for you. I want to be here for someone who needs the message of this card and make this moment as their own to grow. If you don't believe in yourself for a moment, at least know that I believe in you, as one soul to another, cheering for your journey.

Artist Statement: Born from the imagination of an inner child, the figure was made to resemble a diviner with a fellow familiar, companion or imaginary friend. This card draws inspiration from the community and support of Tarot Readers and Witches. Perhaps this person is you, or are you the friend beside them, or both? The coins or pentacles placed in the eyes represent the expression of seeking the way to move forward. In the person's hand is a card with an image of a coin at the back, representing the start of progress and continuous motion of progress, one coin at a time, one step at a time. Good luck, Seeker. Keep going.
How can i add anything to that?
What a gift. ❤️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: JM's DoW: Button Soup Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

tumblr_9f5987367f6d202e611b09b903b59e2b_09ebe8bb_640.jpg

One of the cutest 4 of Pentacles I have ever seen.

This card was made by Ailsa Ek.

I love how the background looks like a kitchen floor from the 70s.

This is funny because in another reading I did earlier today for myself with another deck, one of the cards I pulled was also the 4 of Pents.

I have a lot of planning to do. Also a lot of learning.
I know the 4 of Pents is often interpreted as being greedy or paranoid about losing something. But I think it's also about just being careful and making sure things are well organised to save a lot of trouble down the road or even to just do a better job down the road because of having things well organised.

Like Nemo the bulldog here keeping his frisbees in check.

I think this card is super cute.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The Empress by Pamela Steele
The Empress by Pamela Steele

In her description of this card, Pamela mentions "The Divine Feminine."

Just earlier today I was revisiting an old thread here called exactly that.
And what made me think of that was an entry in my journal I made a couple of weeks ago, popped into mind for some reason, where I was exploring the divine feminine in relation to the balance of Anima and Animus within me.

The Divine Feminine is on my mind, and Button Soup seems to be able to read mine.

As an aside, I do like the little rabbit on this card.

There is some truly formidable power here at play. It draws on nature and the connection to the human spirit. It's the source of all life.

I'm really feeling that today.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh wow, what a powerful deck. This is certainly the most original 4 of Pentacles I have seen in quite a while! I have a soft spot for this card anyway - it also means cherishing something, clinging to it. It's human, and it can be endearing. And sometimes we need the protective shell that the 4 of Pentacles give us, even if only to grow out of it again.

Beautiful cards.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

10 of Pentacles.png

This card is from Pranic Room.

I love all the depth and darkness to it.

I'm getting to this a bit late today. It is fitting my mood and situation well. Things are feeling very complicated and I've been a little edgy. I'm also quite concerned about a couple of people very close to me who are going through a bit of an unraveling at the moment. It's a little touch and go right now but we are pulling together, getting through it hopefully.
This solid stone being held together with these pentacle bolts really feels like i feel.

Return to “Week 22 - My Deck of the Week”