This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Nemia's DoW 21 - Distant Past Tarot

Nemia
Sage

Nemia's DoW 21 - Distant Past Tarot

Post by Nemia »

Let's see how I manage with a DoW routine in the week ahead of me! I may need it.

I will start a new job on Monday, one which brings me back to a kind of work I used to do before I studied. Caused by Corona unemployment, I started to look for job opportunities, and this popped up. And suddenly I said to myself: let's try that once again (I'll still have time to do my highly qualified job that is by now really tiny but still precious to me). Let's see whether I can still work hard just like I did when I was young. Let's see what life's experiences have taught me.

Since the new job has to do with children, my hand immediately went to the Distant Past Tarot - not one of my Inner Child decks (I have such a category of decks, and maybe the Distant Past should be there, too). It's a child-friendly deck and filled with art I know well, and I really like this deck. I have the pocket edition which is small and nice and portable. This is one of the most un-threatening decks I have.

I'll let it accompany me into this very exciting new week where I have to prove myself among people who don't know that I have experience and academic degrees. I'll start on the bottom ladder. I chose to do so and feel very excited about it. I want to earn money, and I want to see what I can do on the job itself.
Pen
Sage

Re: Nemia's DoW 21 - Distant Past Tarot

Post by Pen »

Hope it all goes well, Nemia 🍀
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

thank you! I'm very very excited.

Now I drew my first card for the week - and if you don't know tarot, you can't imagine such a thing can happen - but one of my favourite cards EVER and the reason why I took this deck for this week came up.

The Six of Cups! Those two lovely sisters by van Dyke.

An amazing start. It seems I'm in the right place right now to work with children, without all the academic and intellectual credentials I worked quite hard to acquire. That's all very well but if you don't understand and respect a child's mind, your degrees in education are worth nothnig.

I went shopping today for work clothes. It's AGES since I worked physically for the last time, and you can see on my body that my working environment has been the desk for the last 15 years. Not a nice sight. It's fine to decide "I'll take long walks" and sometimes I do, but nothing beats a job where you're on the move.

I'll take a picture of this beautiful, encouraging, loving card later.

The tarot really never lets us down. I have no explanation.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The 6 of Cups! What a beautiful start!
Nemia wrote: 17 May 2020, 14:31 It's fine to decide "I'll take long walks" and sometimes I do, but nothing beats a job where you're on the move.
This is the truest thing I've read in a long time. There is no substitute for being truly active.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Wow, work ist tough, so tough that I didn't change the cards on my tarot calendar today. I went straight from work to bed where I'm now. I had fantastic cards until now, all Cups and today Strength. Pictures will come later.

This move was necessary a LOOOONG time ago and I'm glad I did it. I'm so happy, so happy. Haven't felt that alive for ages.

Return to “Week 21 - My Deck of the Week”