This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

LEN: qndynes reads for dodalisque

qndynes
Sage

LEN: qndynes reads for dodalisque

Post by qndynes »

Here's how it works: The sitter poses as a character from fiction. It can be from a book, TV show, Movie, legend, whatever you like. The sitter then poses a question to the reader that the fictional character would ask based on their situation. (Don't name your source, really pose the question as if you are the character looking for answers.)

The reader then tries to answer the question using any Lenormand spread they choose. I found starting with 5 or 7 cards to work best.
Looking forward to this!!!
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
dodalisque
Sage

Re: LEN: qndynes reads for dodalisque

Post by dodalisque »

I am a detective investigating the murder of a very famous writer, the author of about a dozen best-selling novels. At the scene of the crime we were lucky enough to discover a single tiny clue that pointed us towards a likely suspect, and we were able to make a fairly quick arrest. The murderer has already confessed, and has described how he broke into the novelist's home and beat him to death with a glass paperweight. The two men, both in their late 40s, had been friends since high school. The murderer, an office clerk who lives alone, claims that the novelist knew several unsavory details about his personal life and had been blackmailing him for many years into writing all the novels that made the dead man rich and famous. The clerk, who lives in fairly miserable poverty, was suddenly overcome with disgust and decided to put an end to their arrangement. We searched through his computer and did indeed find early drafts of all 12 of the novels. What can your cards tell me about the nature of the relationship between these two men?
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Oh this is a very interesting case. I will be shuffling the cards and divining for your query between today and tomorrow.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

What can your cards tell me about the nature of the relationship between these two men?
On the surface the relationship between these wo men is strong, it is one of mutual appreciation and comfort, where both feel comfortable with each other, it is intimate (house-sun-tree). Yet, deeper and darker things gnawed under the surface or outside of what was openly shared between the two. An unequal dynamic of power led to feelings of doubt, insecurity and violence, in one (whip-clouds-scythe). While the other went along stealing and reaping from the loss of the other to gain favor and charm (mice-bouquet-lady). Despite surviving for year in this unequal tension, the friendship endured between the two, one feeling indebted to the other because of their long friendship and the emotional hunger this friendship fed. In a very real sense the relationship was truly parasitic, and the murderer waiting and waiting until there was nothing more to give, until he was clouded in shame and pain that he killed his friend. The corners descry the violence and-win that ate away at the heart of both, that lulled each in their sleep until the day became, felt that it had become so, inevitable for the clerk to commit the act. The inner cross speaks of parasitic relationship, because while there was general comfort and even strength it was at the price of another's loss, almost as if stealing light and clarity from one in order to make it a boon for the other. The published author stole from stole the light giving light of life and vitality from his friend in order to reap for himself riches, recognition and luxury.

I hope this reading has helped clarify the case between these two men, and the relationship that led to the downfall of both.

PS. I apologize for taking longer than expected, I think I let my insecurity get the best of me, every time I took the cards out I doubted I could read them, these are my first forays into learning and reading with the lenormand deck.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

20200523_225330(1)_copy_454x547.jpg
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

You are too modest. That is a wonderful reading for a very difficult question, especially since you say you are new to Lenormand. Because I know how the story turns out, I can pretend to be the "perfect clairvoyant" who is able to see exactly what the cards were trying to say. But really your interpretation is brilliant. This is how the perfect clairvoyant would see the cards:

In the top row the MICE expresses the tiny thefts that are taking place every time a novel is written. The LADY must be the Muse, or Art itself, that is she represents the 12 best-selling novels. The BOUQUET in the middle of the top line must symbolise what is at the centre of this whole thing, the prizes and rewards, the fame and fortune, that come with being a famous writer.

The middle line must represent the murdered writer. He has everything: a beautiful HOUSE, perfect health (TREE) and a beautiful life (SUN).

The bottom line therefore must represent the life of the clerk. He is suffering repeated punishment (WHIP) and wants to cut (SCYTHE) the connection with his famous friend. The CLOUD expresses the misery he feels. His face is also hidden in the clouds, which expresses his anonymity as a ghost-writer and a faceless office clerk, or perhaps other secrets he is hiding.

The central card in the reading is the SUN, which gives us a clue to the actual solution of this mystery. This is the one mistake you made in your reading, but I would have been shocked if you had found it. It tells us that the famous writer, the dead man, is actually a good person (SUN). He has not been blackmailing the clerk at all and wrote all the novels himself.

The ingenious solution to the mystery is that the murderer wanted to get caught on purpose, in order to become famous, that is to win the BOUQUET, as the true author of the novels. He has in fact concocted the whole story of having ghost-written his friend's novels. What seemed like early drafts of the novels found on his computer were actually written by him AFTER the novels had been published, and planted on his computer for the police to find after the murder. The clerk is willing to spend the rest of his life in prison in return for literary fame. He has been silently jealous of his famous friend for many, many years.

Thanks again for your reading. I thought you did a great job. Looking forward to reading with you again some time. I am fairly new to Lenormand myself. I have to let my wife pick the cards for me because then there is no turning back, I HAVE to use those cards. When I pick the cards myself I'm usually so depressed by what little sense they make to me that I keep drawing new sets of cards that might work. But that's a mistake. It always works better if you force yourself to stay true to the first cards picked. I still prefer tarot but I must say that my reading, especially with the TDM, has improved since I started experimenting with Lenormand.
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

I forgot to mention that the story came from a murder mystery novel called "Malice" by the great Japanese writer Keigo Higashino.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I have to say now the whole layout makes sense. That's why I hesitated and felt I was just not versed enough to know what I was reading. The cards were odd showing the sun and all those "positive" cards. I thought, hm these two have a good relationship but why did the clerk kill his friend of many years. Now it makes sense. Aw I doubted myself, maybe next time I need to just try to go more out there with the divination and not hold back. This is quite a shocking story also, very unfortunate for the author that was killed by someone who he thought was a friend.

Return to “Fanciful Reading with Lenormand: Hosted by Joan Marie”