This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

One Reading, Two Decks Sign Up

kare
Sage

One Reading, Two Decks Sign Up

Post by kare »

Hi, Everyone,

This activity requires access to two tarot decks, though any combination of any sort of tarot deck would work. For example Thoth and TDM, or alternatively two RWS decks. You would do a reading for someone, first pulling cards from one deck. Then supporting cards or additional cards would be pulled from the second deck. I thought but would be fun to see what patterns do or do not emerge. Because you are using a second for additional cards, what could be potentially pulled will not be limited by what has already been laid out in the reading.

You could use any spread you like, you just have to determine which parts of the spread will be dedicated to which deck. I might suggest something like this: basic three-card reading of your choice, followed by a second tier which has positions for influences that correspond to the four elements: your perspective, your creative drive, your emotions, and things of this world that are significant to you. (You don't have to choose a card from that suit, you can pull from the deck as a whole.)

-------------------------------Pentacles
Swords.--------past. present. future.--------Wands.
---------------------------------Cups

In this example, the past/present/future cards would come from the first deck. The four element cards would come from the second deck.

Sign up by posting a reply to this post by May 10, and I will assign partners by late the night of May 11. I will DM you all the partner list and post it a a new topic here. Readings and feedback should be posted by the end of the month. Post here or DM if you have questions.

Thank you so much!
Merrick
Sage

Re: One Reading, Two Decks Sign Up

Post by Merrick »

I’ll play! I just got three decks with two more on the way, so perfect timing for a multi-deck read.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Is this like one cup, two girls?
I believe in Crystal Light.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 05 May 2020, 02:18 Is this like one cup, two girls?
Hahahaha. I'm afraid to Google that. So I am not in a position to say. Lol. Also, I am loving your signature at the bottom. I keep an eye on it for fun.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Definitely don't look that up.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 05 May 2020, 22:08 Definitely don't look that up.
You just made my afternoon.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Merrick wrote: 05 May 2020, 02:08 I’ll play! I just got three decks with two more on the way, so perfect timing for a multi-deck read.
You buy decks like I do. 😁
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

kare wrote: 05 May 2020, 22:10
Merrick wrote: 05 May 2020, 02:08 I’ll play! I just got three decks with two more on the way, so perfect timing for a multi-deck read.
Ha! Not usually, but it’s my birthday this month so I splurged.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Happy birthday!
Merrick wrote: 05 May 2020, 23:22
kare wrote: 05 May 2020, 22:10
Ha! Not usually, but it’s my birthday this month so I splurged.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 05 May 2020, 02:18 Is this like one cup, two girls?
Wait, does this mean you signed up? Lol. You didn't, did you? 😭
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I hadn't intended to, but it looks like an interesting spread. I'll do it.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

Charlie Brown wrote: 06 May 2020, 15:31 I hadn't intended to, but it looks like an interesting spread. I'll do it.
🎉🎉🎉
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

This is a great idea! I'd love to participate :)
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

jobarghest wrote: 06 May 2020, 19:29 This is a great idea! I'd love to participate :)
Sweet!
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

Heya lovely, just to say I can't seem to spot my pair on the main page- I might have gotten confused and no problem at all if it's an even/odd numbers issue ;)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

jobarghest wrote: 13 May 2020, 14:24 Heya lovely, just to say I can't seem to spot my pair on the main page- I might have gotten confused and no problem at all if it's an even/odd numbers issue ;)
I'm about to PM you.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

jobarghest wrote: 13 May 2020, 14:24 Heya lovely, just to say I can't seem to spot my pair on the main page- I might have gotten confused and no problem at all if it's an even/odd numbers issue ;)
I am going to update the pairs based on Charlie Brown's pm. I am sorry again. I am so glad you joined this.
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

No problem lovely I know how it is juggling all these things! Thanks for organizing this :)

Return to “One Reading, Two Decks : Hosted by kare”