This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TdM: CB reads for Merrick

Charlie Brown
Sage

TdM: CB reads for Merrick

Post by Charlie Brown »

??
I believe in Crystal Light.
Merrick
Sage

Re: TdM: CB reads for Merrick

Post by Merrick »

I would ask to clarify my path to reading tarot professionally, if that question works for you. Thanks!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

20200525_141225~01.jpg

I used the 4-2-1-3-5 option—a central, thematic card and two elaborating pairs.

Unfortunately, the cards leave me unsure that going pro is going to be the right choice for you. While it's possible, I don't think that you're going to like what you would have to do.

In the center, we see that there's a very large and imposing obstacle in your path that would require a great deal of strength and will power on your part to get through (KoW + XI). Ultimately, it would require acting in distasteful ways in order to follow the money (7 of Swords + Knight of Coins).

One unusual thing about this reading that struck me as significant: As you can see in the picture, when I set the deck down, I happened to place it upside down. This is not something that I normally do. You can see that the Hermit was the base/shadow card. This isn't a technique I tend to use but seeing him there felt significant to the reading. As you can see, he's looking in a different direction from professional tarot reading and facing away from that money the Knight is chasing. The Hermit is, after all, generally thought to be something of a scholar and a seeker of knowledge and wisdom. Perhaps the cards are advising you to pursue tarot in that fashion rather than having to wrestle with the lion of marketing, client maintenance, stagecraft, etc.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Charlie Brown wrote: 25 May 2020, 21:48 20200525_141225~01.jpg

I used the 4-2-1-3-5 option—a central, thematic card and two elaborating pairs.

Unfortunately, the cards leave me unsure that going pro is going to be the right choice for you. While it's possible, I don't think that you're going to like what you would have to do.

In the center, we see that there's a very large and imposing obstacle in your path that would require a great deal of strength and will power on your part to get through (KoW + XI). Ultimately, it would require acting in distasteful ways in order to follow the money (7 of Swords + Knight of Coins).

One unusual thing about this reading that struck me as significant: As you can see in the picture, when I set the deck down, I happened to place it upside down. This is not something that I normally do. You can see that the Hermit was the base/shadow card. This isn't a technique I tend to use but seeing him there felt significant to the reading. As you can see, he's looking in a different direction from professional tarot reading and facing away from that money the Knight is chasing. The Hermit is, after all, generally thought to be something of a scholar and a seeker of knowledge and wisdom. Perhaps the cards are advising you to pursue tarot in that fashion rather than having to wrestle with the lion of marketing, client maintenance, stagecraft, etc.
Yes, that indeed does look like a lot of struggle for frankly little reward. And the Knight doesn’t even have the coin, he’s still chasing it. I never expected to make tarot my sole or primary or even a major source of income, so that seems like a whole lot of work just for a few shekels. I think I will continue to pursue tarot for the love of it. Thank you for the succinct reading!
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille

Return to “Tarot de Marseille Group: Hosted by Merrick”