This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Button Soup is REAL

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Button Soup is REAL

Post by Joan Marie »

The printing is done and the shipper is now preparing all the packages.
With any luck, the first packages should start arriving on doorsteps at the beginning of February.

In the meanwhile, the printer sent me these pics just before leaving for 3 weeks holiday for Chinese New Year.

Please click on the images and have a close look at the card faces and how the gold-foil details turned out.

BST01.jpg
BST02.jpg
BST03.jpg
BST04.jpg
BST05.jpg
BST06.jpg
BST07.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Re: Button Soup is REAL

Post by Diana »

Absolutely gorgeous ! Better than I'd imagined even.

Such great news !!

I can't believe how quickly this all went. From start to finish it just went all so smoothly. We can all be proud of ourselves.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I always thought of this as our "first" deck, a kind of "test-balloon" to work out the processes etc. and just to have fun. I wasn't sure we'd even finish it.

I don't want to speak too soon, because I haven't actually held the deck in my hands yet, but I think I can tell from the pictures that the result is really good, so much more than I thought it could be when we started.

One thing, and again, I don't want to speak too soon, but from the pics it looks so cohesive even though there are 40+ artists contributing.

I am really excited to get this deck.

Our next one is really going to be great. Next time I think we'll really know what we are doing. I know I learned a lot.

But that won't be starting until May or so. By then we will all be ready for the next adventure.

I have to say, we did really good on this one.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I love the box !! And that's it li'l white book and not a Little White Book!!

Edited to add: I had also doubted we'd finish it when it was proposed. Not really doubted, but sort of of unsure. I thought we'd never get enough people for all the cards. That's why I very timidly suggested right at the beginning that we start with the Majors. I thought at least we'll have a Majors only deck.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 15:42 I love the box !! And that's it li'l white book and not a Little White Book!!
I don't know why I wrote "l'il" . It wasn't planned. It just came out when I was doing the LWB cover and I loved it! It made me laugh and it felt right. :lol:
Raggydoll
Seeker

Post by Raggydoll »

I just wanted to congratulate you guys! What a great deck! And I do agree that the cards look very uniform. Well done!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Raggydoll wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:17 I just wanted to congratulate you guys! What a great deck! And I do agree that the cards look very uniform. Well done!
Thank you so much Raggydoll. I wish you great luck with your group deck over at TT&M.
It looks like you are already of to a good start.
Raggydoll
Seeker

Post by Raggydoll »

Joan Marie wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 10:00 Thank you so much Raggydoll. I wish you great luck with your group deck over at TT&M.
Thanks! Yes the project has taken off and it’s very exciting. It has also inspired a lot of people to start creating decks of their own, and I think that’s so cool. I have also decided that I will attempt to illustrate my own deck, in the same style as the cards I’ve made for We Are One. It’s daunting yet exhilarating at the same time. I’m sure you know the feeling!
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

Joan Marie wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 10:00
Raggydoll wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 09:17 I just wanted to congratulate you guys! What a great deck! And I do agree that the cards look very uniform. Well done!
Thank you so much Raggydoll. I wish you great luck with your group deck over at TT&M.
What’s TT&M?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Ailsaek wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 12:55 What’s TT&M?
Tarot, Tea and Me. It's another Tarot forum.
JulianneVictoria
Seer

Post by JulianneVictoria »

My deck has arrived, and it is absolutely beautiful! Thank you Joan Marie and everyone who created cards!
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

YES! Mine came on Wednesday! I am so excited to work with it finally!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

JulianneVictoria wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 12:12 My deck has arrived, and it is absolutely beautiful! Thank you Joan Marie and everyone who created cards!
Thank you so much for making this video! I left my comments on your youtube channel (and subscribed!)

I am still waiting for mine to arrive!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I received my copy. It's stunning and beautiful and I didn't ever think it would be THIS good. I knew it would be good, but really, it's amazing.

I did a reading with it when I received it to see how low my battery levels are and if I should worry that I may soon be running on empty. The answer I got was beyond my expectations. So thanks to Julianne Victoria for her great video on the unboxing - and also her 9 of Wands.

And thanks to everyone who contributed and all those who supported the first Cult of Tarot tarot deck. And a huge thanks to Joan Marie for the terrific job she did to manage all this.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

omg i didn’t even get a tracking number yet.... :( :( :( :( :(
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 21:07 omg i didn’t even get a tracking number yet.... :( :( :( :( :(
All the packages were sent.

Here is a link to the message I sent to everyone about the shipping time and tracking numbers:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cu ... ts/2737971
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I just got mine, but I haven't opened it yet.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 00:34 I just got mine, but I haven't opened it yet.
Well, have you opened it yet ? You're not of the impatient kind I see.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm not in much of a rush.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 06:23
Charlie Brown wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 00:34 I just got mine, but I haven't opened it yet.
Well, have you opened it yet ? You're not of the impatient kind I see.
There are 2 kinds of people in this world.

I'll bet Charlie Brown was one of those people who, in the old days, when he took film to get developed would pick it up, pay for it, go home, make a cup of tea and then eventually open the envelope and look at his photos at the kitchen table.

I am the type who after paying, immediately ripped open the envelope and stood right there at the checkout rifling through my photos while people stepped around me.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 17:20 when he took film to get developed
What in the world are you talking about?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 19:42 What in the world are you talking about?
What, you never had a camera that used film that you had to take somewhere to be developed?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

:lol: I'm just messing with you. I'm not that springy of a chicken.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 17:20 I'll bet Charlie Brown was one of those people who, in the old days, when he took film to get developed would pick it up, pay for it, go home, make a cup of tea and then eventually open the envelope and look at his photos at the kitchen table.
I do aspire to that but, really, I'm just going to get upset when I see my cards because I'll feel like they're so much worse than everybody else's and bring the deck down into the gutter.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 00:37
I do aspire to that but, really, I'm just going to get upset when I see my cards because I'll feel like they're so much worse than everybody else's and bring the deck down into the gutter.
Nonsense. When you see your Sun card, you'll see how absolutely wonderful it looks with the gold frame and all. It's gorgeous. I remember someone in a thread saying that the Sun card was one of their "favs". And the Tower is dreamy and mysterious. It reminds me somewhat of the Tower in one of the historical decks - I can't remember which one. You've avoided the Armageddon of the Waite and that's a great relief !

I love your cards. They're not yours anyway. They're ours - you no longer have any personal claim to them.

Return to “Button Soup Tarot”