This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

State of the Soup: An Update on Button Soup

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

State of the Soup: An Update on Button Soup

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi everybody,

Nearly all the cards are in now and the rest (8 as of this writing) will be in well before this campaign ends. I found this one in my inbox when I woke up this morning and I knew it was going to be a good day:

4 of Pentacles.png

What a brilliant take on the 4 of Pentacles.

Every card that comes in just astonishes me.

I'm working now to get all the files prepared for printing so that as soon as the Kickstarter funds come through everything can be sent off for printing right away. The files requires some special attention because of the gold-foil stamping on the card faces (that inner gold frame you see above).

NEW FEATURE: In addition to that frame being gold-foil, the lettering on each card will also be stamped in gold-foil. This is in addition to the gilt-edging. It's going to be beautiful. (this is not a stretch-goal. It's part of the standard design now.)

We've almost got this, nearly 90% funded and a little over a week to go.

Keep sharing! It's really helping. And if you've been following the project and thinking about backing it, now would be a great time!

There's a good boy on the Four of Pentacles who'll be very happy!

-Joan Marie

Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
reall
Sage

Re: State of the Soup: An Update on Button Soup

Post by reall »

Wow! I like these updates! Are you saying we'll got golden frame+text AND Gilded Edges?! :mrgreen: :D
I keep sharing on my ig & fb & hope our more *influenced members will do same so we can reach our goal & have these beauties printed!^^
JM you are doing Great job AND I like All New Cards you are Sharing moment those show up in your inbox!^^ Keep rocking it! :mrgreen:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

reall wrote: ↑27 Nov 2019, 22:30 Wow! I like these updates! Are you saying we'll got golden frame+text AND Gilded Edges?! :mrgreen: :D
I keep sharing on my ig & fb & hope our more *influenced members will do same so we can reach our goal & have these beauties printed!^^
JM you are doing Great job AND I like All New Cards you are Sharing moment those show up in your inbox!^^ Keep rocking it! :mrgreen:
Golden Frame, Golden Text and Gilded edges.
I really think it's going to look beautiful.
I'm glad we went with the stylish understated font, because now that it will also be in gold foil, it will add a real finished look to each card without looking too "blingy."

The deck will be printed on 350gsm art paper. Anyone who got my Friar's Delight Lenormand, or Benebell Wen's Spirit Keeper's Tarot knows this paper. It's so sturdy and smooth but not at all slick, sticky or shiny. I personally think it's the best cardstock option available right now. It prints beautifully, the colours are gorgeous.

I hope to get the box designed this week and show you all a proto-type of it. The finished box will also be a very sturdy, 2 piece one.

This deck will last forever!

We are over 90% to the goal now and just a week left. We still need some more of you to back it. I know a lot of you are thinking about it. Take a look again at the Kickstarter and see if you are ready now.

BTW- there is a reward called Buttons Delight where you get 1 Button Soup Tarot and 1 Friar's Delight Lenormand.
If you missed out on the recent Friar's Delight Kickstarter, this is a great chance for you to get 2 great decks in a special Kickstarter deal.

Some recent Button Soup additions
Some recent Button Soup additions
Friar's Delight Lenormand
Friar's Delight Lenormand

Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie wrote: ↑30 Nov 2019, 11:07
The deck will be printed on 350gsm art paper. Anyone who got my Friar's Delight Lenormand, or Benebell Wen's Spirit Keeper's Tarot knows this paper. It's so sturdy and smooth but not at all slick, sticky or shiny. I personally think it's the best cardstock option available right now. It prints beautifully, the colours are gorgeous.
Oh that is such good news. I was THRILLED TO BITS when I saw quality of the cardstock for the Friar's Delight. It made all the difference !! (me is very contented right now.)
Rumi was asked β€œwhich music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Awesome! Quality + Luxury Bling my fav! :D :mrgreen:

eta; just to add this is great way for anyone considering creating your own deck to get samples & see how different artstyles work with gilding gold stamp and this cardstock And Support forum after all We'll be there for more ks as well? :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

reall wrote: ↑30 Nov 2019, 11:30 eta; just to add this is great way for anyone considering creating your own deck to get samples & see how different artstyles work with gilding gold stamp and this cardstock And Support forum after all We'll be there for more ks as well? :D
That is an excellent point I had not thought of. It will work as an "inspiration deck" for artists.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Joan Marie wrote: ↑30 Nov 2019, 11:43
reall wrote: ↑30 Nov 2019, 11:30 eta; just to add this is great way for anyone considering creating your own deck to get samples & see how different artstyles work with gilding gold stamp and this cardstock And Support forum after all We'll be there for more ks as well? :D
That is an excellent point I had not thought of. It will work as an "inspiration deck" for artists.
Exactly! :D
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Congrats! We Made It! :) I've just checked ks this morning & it say we funded over the top! :D Yey!*Happy Dance Party*
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

reall wrote: ↑06 Dec 2019, 13:27 Congrats! We Made It! :) I've just checked ks this morning & it say we funded over the top! :D Yey!*Happy Dance Party*
I am very happy but will wait until it is all final before I happy dance. πŸ‡πŸ₯πŸ§πŸŽ‰ Just a few more hours.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm so happy and so grateful to everyone. Button Soup is officially funded, 107% !

I will be writing more later. I have much to share with you about all of this.

But for now, I am going for a long walk in the forest.

This community is really the best.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I watched the countdown to the end !!

And thank you to AstralPasta for having initiated this great project !!
Rumi was asked β€œwhich music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: ↑07 Dec 2019, 10:35
And thank you to AstralPasta for having initiated this great project !!

Absolutely!!! ❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️❀️
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

hey everybody,

Just a quick update, I learned today that the Chinese New Year holiday is about a month long and starts in Mid-January. So that means that I need to get all the materials turned in ready for print a lot sooner than I thought or the whole project will get pushed out to after the holiday in mid February. (There is about a 30-day lead time on printing so that means it has to be in very soon.)

SO, I think I can make that. I have all the cards in and I think they are good to go. They are being proofed right now for errors and hopefully there are few or none. I'm working on the box, but the big project is the booklet.

Because they can get started on the cards sooner it bought me a little time to work on the booklet.

Anyway, don't expect to see or hear much from me the next few days as I try to pull all this together. The good news is IF everything works and goes smoothly, the printing may be complete by mid January and hopefully get shipped out before the Chinese New Year hits which would be great.

That's my goal right now and I am optimistic.
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

Is there going to be a way for people who didn’t back the deck to buy it? A friend of mine wanted to back it and I forgot to get her the information in time.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie, how many decks will be printed ?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Ailsaek wrote: ↑13 Dec 2019, 02:51 Is there going to be a way for people who didn’t back the deck to buy it? A friend of mine wanted to back it and I forgot to get her the information in time.
Hi! Yay!

I just added Button Soup to my website/shop.
Here is the direct link:
https://rabbitsmoontarot.com/product/button-soup-tarot/

I will soon be adding to to Etsy (when I have a minute), but for now it's available at Rabbit's Moon Tarot where it's a little less expensive because I don't have to pay etsy!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: ↑13 Dec 2019, 09:41 Joan Marie, how many decks will be printed ?
I ordered the minimum run of 500 decks.

It is available now for pre-order at
https://rabbitsmoontarot.com/product/button-soup-tarot/
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Quickie Update:

Yesterday I approved the final set up for the cards based on proofs from the printer.
This morning I approved the box design proofs.
So those parts are now lined up to be printed.

I am currently assembling the L'il White Book and people have been so responsive providing descriptions of the cards they created, even during this busy time and I will have it completed and turned in to the printer within a couple of days.

I have to tell you, I am so blown away by what this LWB is going to be. I was hoping just for some kind of serviceable booklet people could use to help them use the deck, but it is proving to be a LOT more interesting of a document than that.

A lot.

I am now just as excited to see it as I am the deck.

I have put Button Soup tarot on my website and it is available for pre-order. If you or someone you know is interested please pass along this URL:
https://rabbitsmoontarot.com/product/bu ... up-tarot/

Return to β€œButton Soup Tarot”