This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Halp - King of Cups

AstralPasta
Sage

Halp - King of Cups

Post by AstralPasta »

My partner was doing this at a beach, kinda spontaneously I think, but then the tide started coming in so he had to stop. He took a photo first though. I think that was the story anyhow.

So he hasn't much features in his upper body. Aside from the crown.

I had offered to do something goofy as a collab with him before he came out with this, but this is so cool. I kinda don't just wanna draw something goofy on top with it. His creativity astounds me sometimes.

Any advice on how to proceed? The pic looks a bit blurry here in the preview but it isn't....I think.

He agreed to make something else too if I couldn't figure something out. I think he'd figured I would do something silly haha.
0_IMG-20191007-WA0003.jpg
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Diana
Sage

Re: Halp - King of Cups

Post by Diana »

As the tide was coming in, it's a reminder that Kings and Emperors and such like are vulnerable like all rulers. I think it's a lovely idea, that tide coming to wash the whole thing away. What is left after the water is washed away ? It there an essence left or does it all vanish ? Sea and tides - that's very fitting for the suit of cups.

OZYMANDIAS - Percy Bysshe Shelley (what kind of name is that Bysshe ?? - most unusual.)

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

AstralPasta wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 04:42
He agreed to make something else too if I couldn't figure something out. I think he'd figured I would do something silly haha.
I have to admit, when I first saw this I didn't think it would come across in the card, but here it is:

King of Cups TEST.png

Not bad at all. It's really a fun card!
I really love the idea of a beach sculpture (for anything really) but for the King of Cups it's just a perfect idea.

I will leave it to you to decide if we should go with this one. i think it works.
But if your partner would like to have another go at it and add some stones or seaweed or just experiment a little more with the idea, just let me know!

To be really honest, this one looks like the beginning of an idea for a really great King of Cups. My guess is the next one will really pop.

Thanks for this. ❤️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

AstralPasta wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 04:42 Any advice on how to proceed? The pic looks a bit blurry here in the preview but it isn't....I think.
BTW- in case this helps at all, here is the queen... def a beach theme here...

13 queen of Cups.png
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Thanks y'all! I let him know and showed him your feedback. He was happy and I think he'll be trying to figure something out but he's also not at the beach anymore. Unless he goes on a trip. He is by a waterfall though. I'll show him that card too.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!

Return to “Button Soup Tarot”