This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What is Button Soup Tarot?

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

What is Button Soup Tarot?

Post by Joan Marie »

Button Soup Tarot is wonderful and charming collaboration deck created by members of this forum. We've had so much fun these past few months working on it, so many great artists contributing, so much thought and care put into every image and aspect of it, and now we want to bring this deck to the world!

And you can help (and find out more about the deck!) by visiting our Live Kickstarter campaign! (link below)

Once we cover the initial costs of printing and shipping, any profits made from sales of Button Soup Tarot will go directly to the continued maintenance and support of the forum, keeping it free and accessible for years to come.

The Cult of Tarot does not run random ads (for logged-in members), does not charge a membership or subscription fee, does not make areas or features inaccessible to some members for a fee and does not actively campaign for donations. Even guests to the forum have nearly full access to all this tarot-focused content.

We allow artists and bloggers of esoteric arts to freely share and promote their work here. We exist solely for the love of this craft. For the practice of it, the study, and the art of it.

If you have already backed this deck, and so many have, thank you! If you haven't yet please consider it.

Remember everyone who backs Button Soup Tarot isn't only getting an amazing and charming collaboration deck, you're also backing this community, this forum. And isn't that a more appropriate and fun way to raise some funds as opposed to say, subscription fees?

Please have a look at the link above to help keep out little boat going, and whatever you decide, it's wonderful to have you here.

Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
AstralPasta
Sage

Re: What is Button Soup Tarot?

Post by AstralPasta »

Hehehe it's so cute and quirky. I love it. ๐Ÿ˜ It's perfect.

edit: Very Monty Python-esque!
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I made that animation part a couple of years ago for my first-ever Kickstarter to raise $500 to start this forum.

The idea was to show all the different kinds of people who would join (which turned out to be true! (I am pretty sure we have a Zebra-headed member somewhere.)

It was a lot of work and frankly I can't even remember how I did it exactly. I cut out all those people in Photoshop and assembled everything in Photoshop animator which I had to learn at the time to do it and which I have mostly forgotten.

I got the idea to recycle/reuse it for this and it felt really right, like it really fit.

I will make more vids to promote this kickstarter, different visuals, different moods.

I'm glad you like it!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

It's lovely, it's perfect, it's happy and it's beautiful.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!
Rumi was asked โ€œwhich music sound is haram?โ€ Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I tweaked the video a little bit. The new version is now in the first post of this thread.

The Kickstarter campaign is just about ready to go. It has been approved, it just needs a little fine-tuning and I plan to create some more videos for it.

And, most importantly, I have set a date for the launch: November 7th

So that's either 7/11 or 11/7, depending on where you are, but I thought it had a real ring to it as well as being good timing for us.

I'm hoping for a good kick-off so we can get off to a good start toward the goal. There will be some good incentive there too.

I've set the price of the deck to be very affordable and am using a shipping company that will allow us to keep the cost of shipping a single deck at around โ‚ฌ10 ($11 USD) The shipping cost goes up very little for multiple decks, so no reason to not get 2 or 3!

This deck will have all the extras, so I'm really happy I was able to get us such a good price.

I'm going to be pre-promoting it up until the 7th, sharing the video link and images of the cards as much as I can.

I hope you can help too.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

I love it. And the tweaks you made are perfect !!! :D There couldn't be a better way to introduce this unique and amazing deck to the world.
Rumi was asked โ€œwhich music sound is haram?โ€ Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Here is the link to the Kickstarter that opens on Thursday, Nov. 7th.

it's in preview mode now.

You'll see a link there to be reminded by Kickstarter when it goes live.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I worked on the video some more, the Kickstarter is all ready to go I think. (newest video just posted above)

Just waiting now for Thursday 7/11 or 11/7 depending on where you are.

Launch time is 11:17 am CET (central europe time)

I hope everybody gets there early.

If you go to this link you can follow the project and get a reminder when it goes live.

Really looking forward to seeing this happen.
Thanks everybody for all your hard work and support! I'm really excited to see what happens!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I shot a little video of the video for instagram. Here it is, it's in portrait mode because that's what instagram uses.

But, I think I finally fine-tuned everything. The final final video (I hope) is now posted at the top of this thread.

I'm getting really excited. I think I need to go for a walk!

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Just got this message in email from Kickstarter, they have chosen to feature us in "Projects We Love!"

tumblr_bbc02824a829b5a303ae40325f8cf05c_9cfdf601_540.jpg

so yay!!!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Yay indeed.

LONG LIVE BUTTON SOUP !!!!!!!!!!

๐ŸŽ‰โœจ๐ŸŽ‰โœจ๐ŸŽ‰โœจโœจ๐ŸŽ‰โœจ
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Friar's Delight Lenormand is back on Kickstarter as part of a Double-Reward with Button Soup Tarot!

tumblr_f6aead65a9f9f87f1d125fa04caeef43_544d9edf_640.jpg

Return to โ€œButton Soup Tarotโ€