This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Deck Project Orphans

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Deck Project Orphans

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you scarlet. Will let you know soon.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

Hi there!
This project looks so fun and has so much love put into it. I'd love to volunteer in case any cards end up needing a last minute adopter!

You're welcome to check out some of my art if you need to- It's jobarghest on instagram.

Jo xxx
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

jobarghest wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 13:19 Hi there!
This project looks so fun and has so much love put into it. I'd love to volunteer in case any cards end up needing a last minute adopter!

You're welcome to check out some of my art if you need to- It's jobarghest on instagram.

Jo xxx
Thank you so much. I just followed you on instagram.
Your work is beautiful.

I think Button Soup is just about all wrapped up now (just 8 cards still out) and I'm confident they will all be in in the next few days.

Please stay tuned though. I already have an idea for the next deck I'd like to do here, but right now we're all focused on getting Button Soup over the Kickstarter finish line, and made real and in our hands!

Reminder everyone, there's only a few days left to back Button Soup!

jobarghest
Seer

Post by jobarghest »

Thanks so much for your reply! I look forward to seeing your beautiful joint project ♥️
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

“Please stay tuned though. I already have an idea for the next deck I'd like to do here, but right now we're all focused on getting Button Soup over the Kickstarter finish line, and made real and in our hands!”

I can’t wait to hear what that is. 💕
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Ailsaek wrote: 30 Nov 2019, 21:23 “Please stay tuned though. I already have an idea for the next deck I'd like to do here, but right now we're all focused on getting Button Soup over the Kickstarter finish line, and made real and in our hands!”

I can’t wait to hear what that is. 💕
me2!^^ :D :mrgreen:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Deck Project Orphans: Emergency

Post by Joan Marie »

I've a little deck Orphan Emergency.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the 8 of Pentacles is now orphaned and needs to be adopted ASAP.

Here's the thing: I really need to have it by this weekend. (Friday would even be better!)

I've got all the files prepared and ready to send off to the printer to be checked and verified so that when the Kickstarter money comes in we can get right to business.

If you think you can do this, create an 8 of Pentacles and turn it in no later than Sunday evening, it is yours!

Please respond only if you can meet this really short deadline with a nice 8 of Pents!

Thank you!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

i would like to do this, if only to take my mind off of everything else that’s going on in my life right now. like i did with the temperance card i can create a concept in my head over the coming days, work it out on sunday and have it finished sunday night.
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 18:25 i would like to do this, if only to take my mind off of everything else that’s going on in my life right now. like i did with the temperance card i can create a concept in my head over the coming days, work it out on sunday and have it finished sunday night.
Sounds good. Thank you it's yours.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

ok thanks, i already started to play around with several ideas lol! and realized that the minors are harder to ‘translate’ in a visually interesting/ original way than the trumps..... it will be interesting to see what i eventually come up with
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

stronglove wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 21:49 ok thanks, i already started to play around with several ideas lol! and realized that the minors are harder to ‘translate’ in a visually interesting/ original way than the trumps..... it will be interesting to see what i eventually come up with
stronglove, I read this post of yours just before I went to rest for the night. And this morning, it was the first thought in my mind. So I'd like to ask you, why do you find these minors harder to "translate" than the majors ? Is a a question of emotions and feelings ? Or something else ?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

first thoughts on this: because i prefer the TdM system, and numerology, also the trumps feel more universal, i feel more freedom to put my own spin on an archetype, and the minors are what i most dislike about the rws, because i find them restrictive, because of the way they were illustrated. for me it’s just one guy/girl’s take on the possible meaning. so when i look at the 8 of pentacles i feel ‘forced’ to create something that represents mastery, skill or dedication and that somehow feels limiting (i think tom benjamin also mentioned this recently in one of his videos, or maybe in his book that i’m reading now)
but i already created the card, in the end it was really easy, because my creativity was fueled by a surge of really strong personal emotions and subconscious wisdom/ inspiration and i managed to blend in some of my TdM/numerology concepts as well so i’m really happy with the result.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

But stronglove, this isn't an RWS deck, the Button Soup Tarot. So I don't think you need to restrict yourself.

If I had offered to design one of the numbered minors, I would have based myself on the TdM. I may have put a picture instead of just pips to make it more in line with the rest of the cards. But one has to put one's own understanding and "soul" into the cards. No way, if I had offered to do the 8 of Pentacles (for me they are Coins), would I have used the RWS depiction. For me the 8 of Coins has little to do with skill or dedication, but rather something to do with balance. So I would have completely ignored that picture of a guy concentrating on his workmanship.

I think the idea of this deck was that everyone could be free to express their own individual understanding of the card.

Am thrilled to hear that you found a solution that satisfies you ! 😀
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

thank you, you are so right, this a collective, universal, eclectic deck, my design for the temperance card was totally thoth inspired, so i am glad i managed to get rid of those self imposed restrictions while designing the 8 of coins (yes, for me they are coins too, just like temperance is art for me
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Little emergency orphan situation.

Can somebody adopt the 6 of Wands? And, if you can, and I know this is a big ask, but could you get it to me in a day or 2?

Due to some unforeseen circumstance this card is left unfinished and I really need it in ASAP to keep the whole project on track.

If there's anybody out there who'd like to do it and has the chance to work on it right away, it would be just wonderful.

Please reply here or PM me.

Thanks!!

BTW-- This will be the last card available for this deck. All others are accounted for.
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

Can it be more symbolic than representational? I could come up with a triumphal six of wands mandala fairly quickly.

And quick wand mandala whipped up and sent to artshare.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Ailsaek wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 06:11 Can it be more symbolic than representational? I could come up with a triumphal six of wands mandala fairly quickly.

And quick wand mandala whipped up and sent to artshare.
It's lovely! Thank you!!!!

Thanks also to reall who was also ready to step up with a finished piece!! Unfortunately, there is only one 6 of Wands per deck!

What a group this is!! Really you are all the best.

All 78 cards are in now. yipeee!

I will get them posted later and give an update.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

You Are Welcome! Happy We Got Mandala in our deck as well! :D This is one true delicious looking tarot soup! :D

Thank You Everyone for participation support & best mod ever JM for kickass coordination & organization presentation & delivery talent! :D :mrgreen:

Return to “Button Soup Tarot”