This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Next Steps: Button Soup Tarot

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Next Steps: Button Soup Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

So all 78-cards have been officially claimed.

This message is just a list of next steps so everybody knows what's happening with our deck.
  • I'm setting a goal of Nov 1st to have all the work submitted.
This is not a "deadline" per se, just something for us to aim for. There are still a lot of cards out. If for any reason, you don't think you'll be able to finish any card you claimed, it's no problem. Just let me know and I'm sure someone will be glad to take it. if there will be a delay, just please keep me updated at least as November approaches.
  • We have to name this deck!
Please offer your ideas and suggestions and see the others, on this thread.
  • M.M. Meleen has agreed to have a go at designing our card back. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.
  • After a few different tries, I think we've agreed (mostly) on a final frame for the card fronts.
I posted samples here in case you haven't seen the choices. I also posted them on a couple of deck artists sites on facebook and the general consensus is "B" the middle column. I will be converting all the cards to that frame. I'll post them all.

It's important that we've settled on that because I need to start getting the images put together for use. They need to each be saved in 3 different formats, one for editing, one for online and one for print. This is quite a lot of work so I'm glad we've settled on something so I can get going on that.
  • Here is how I envision the final print version of this deck:
The cards will be printed with the inner gold frame done in gold foil. The deck should also be edged in gold. (there are several shades of gold to choose from BTW) It should come in a two-piece printed box, and with an LWB (see the next point). It'll be beautiful and really one of a kind.
  • Artist's statements and Card Meanings
Some of you have already submitted these with your work. This is what the LWB will consist of. I will create a separate post with some guidelines to help us all get that accomplished.
  • Proceeds from Sales
When this project first started it was proposed that the proceeds could go to the Cult of Tarot Forum to to support the maintenance, upkeep and expenses. I really like this idea a lot. A LOT. I'll tell you why. i would really prefer to make a little cash for this place doing something like this which is so relevant to who we are and what this place is about as opposed to charging for "subscriptions" or running google ads all over or constantly asking for donations.

I hope everybody who has submitted work is still down with this idea. or if this is the first time you've heard it, I hope you agree with it. If not, I totally understand. Just let me know. This leads to the next point:
  • A Release Form:
Just so everyone is on the same page, I'm looking into some kind of online form that each artist can sign electronically in which they agree to allowing their art to be used this way. Your work will only be used n this deck and possibly in advertising for this deck. But that's it. I won't be printing T-shirts or anything like that with it, not without separate permission.
  • The Kickstarter
I plan to run a Kickstarter for this deck. I will set the goal at what it will cost to have a run of decks made, that means with my printer, 500 decks. Doing it this way will enable us to have this nice deck in the nice box, with the gold and everything for the lowest price possible. If the Kickstarter succeeds and we cover the costs of printing and shipping, then all sales afterward will be profit. (mostly, there are still paypal fees etc. but you get the idea)

I plan to keep the selling price as low as I can in order to sell as many as possible form my store at www.rabbitsmoontarot.com

I really think all the artists should get some kind of special price, but I have to figure out how that can be done with Kickstarter.
  • Featuring this deck online
I am still working on how to best show this deck on our forum, including each card with it's creator's meaning and artist statement. i will get something figured out to show this deck as it should be.

Okay so, thanks for reading all this. Please help with naming! And let me know if you have any questions or ideas at all. You can also PM me.

Right now the focus should be on just getting all the artwork in. That's the main thing.

Thanks again everybody. I am overwhelmed with all your talent and enthusiasm for this project. Once it's wrapped up, let's do another! ❤️
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
AstralPasta
Sage

Re: Next Steps: Button Soup Tarot

Post by AstralPasta »

Woohoo M.M Meleen is in the house!

I’m super excited about the idea of profits going back to the site ☺️ And holy cow, you’re efficient!

I think our next deck should be something funny or quirky and amusing as a theme. There aren’t a lot of funny or parody decks out there, like the kilted rubber chicken for example, but I remember seeing one a community made that was largely inside jokes, and yet the Kickstarter was very successful.....I can’t find anything on it now though. Just getting ahead of myself here, haha.

This is really happening 🤯😳⭐️_⭐️ Hehe. I gotta finish that king of Wands....maybe I’ll do that today

edit: it was the regretsy tarot, hehe
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Cerulean
Seeker

Post by Cerulean »

CUlt of Tarot Edition I

CUTE I?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Cerulean wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 18:26 CUlt of Tarot Edition I

CUTE I?
CUlt of Tarot Edition I

😁
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Wow! I like All points here & can't wait for ks! Thank You for doing All Works for Us!^^ Of Course I'm ok with printing & supporting forum that was whole point of it!^^ Happy i'm part of it as it makes me feel pro like 78Tarot Watch Out for us! :mrgreen:

agree contributors should have better deal on ks but lets wait & see how popular it get then add contributor deck option in last day? :mrgreen:

btw I'm totally with @AstralPasta! in fact i have full list of funny titles for 78 Tarot card deck in style *Fool= You Totally Got This!* to 3 of Swords= You Are Already Over it!^^ lol
Cerulean wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 18:26 CUlt of Tarot Edition I

CUTE I?
Cute But We Are Way Better Than that!;D
so Why Not Cult Tarot?xD or Patch Tarot/Patarot?;)

*runs to naming topic*

Return to “Button Soup Tarot”