This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

DoW 16 -Smith-Waite centennial edition

cloudberry
Seer

DoW 16 -Smith-Waite centennial edition

Post by cloudberry »

Yo
I have come here to do a "deck of the week" reading.
I am new on the forum and by no means do i wish to offend anyone in further post

The deck that i have chosen is my first deck i ever bought five years ago. I feel i have disconnected with it since i started collecting decks as per regular. This might be a chance for us to reconnect.

The spread i will be doing today is an easy three card spread about a problem i have been encountering.
It will be a "situation, action, outcome" spread
Problem: The type of studies i want to continue with in my life wasn't available for me. Now i have an unknown path in front of myself. I hard decision.

Card 1: Situation - The emperor
Interpretation:

Event: The situation is what it is and i either have to withstand it and keep fighting or give up and suffer.

Personal: This card is telling me that I have what it takes. That even tho i might not believe in myself i have the right tools to do the work that is needed to be done. I have to look deeper inside myself and find those tools. I think that "tools" in this case refers to motivation, hope and strength. I need to trust myself, in other words, and believe that whatever the situation might seem like now, i have the ability to withstand and get through.

Card 2: Action - Page of cups
Interpretation:

Event: The situation is not as serious as it seems. It will al clear out.

Personal: I have to take things a little more lightly. May calling 911 is not needed i guess....sometimes i seem to overthink things and make a bigger fuss of them than needed. I guess this card is telling me to be more lightheaded and to wait for a surprise. I have to see the event with others eyes.

Card 3: Action - The star (reversed)
Interpretation:

Event: Oh, it might look hopeless, dark and gloomy now. But its not.

Personal: I NEED to believe in myself and God. I need to believe that everything will come to senses. Like my grandma always used to say. "there will be no sunshine without a little rain".

Thought/conclusion: This reading gave me new insights and i feel that my deck did listen to me and respond correctly. I might have been overthinking this situation (i did cry). I just need to thrust in myself and my God that together we will get through with this situation. On the other side it might be even brighter and more pleasant than if the planned path had taken place!

Thank you for reading and please comment if you have objections/tips or questions!
Best regards
/cloudberry
Diana
Sage

Re: DoW 16 -Smith-Waite centennial edition

Post by Diana »

In the Holy Qur'an it is written: "But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not".

And once again, for I think the second if not the third, I'll link here again to the story of the Chinese farmer.

The Star reversed is a sad card. Reverse it by trusting in your God.

The Page of Cups asks you to extend Love. And it will return to you tenfold.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
cloudberry
Seer

Re: DoW 16 -Smith-Waite centennial edition

Post by cloudberry »

Yo
And good morning

Firstly, i just want to mention that i didn't sleep well last night. Currently i have an headache. A bad one.
So to make it easy for myself i will do a one card spread this day. Just for respect towards my deck who deserve full attention when used and for my own heads sake. I dont know how much my brain works, with other words.
But i do have an important question to ask.

Today's question: Am i doing the right decision reconnecting with my mother to whom i hasn't spoken to for years or should i not promote a relationship at these times?

Card: Ten of wands

Interpretation/action:
That was a pretty clear answer to a simple question....the ten of wands represents over achieving or carrying to much of a burden. And on top of that, all in vain usually. This card has spoken and the message is that i pure to much time and energy in this "building up relationship" mission and that it might not work out. I dont rely need to put that amount of time and energy on her. She left me, not the other way around.

This was a bright-full reading for me.
Thanks for reading and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
/ cloudberry

Return to “Week 16 - My Deck of the Week”