This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Rachel’s DoW 15 Angel Tarot (US Games Marseille Redrawing)

Rachelcat
Sage

Rachel’s DoW 15 Angel Tarot (US Games Marseille Redrawing)

Post by Rachelcat »

This is a redrawing of a generic Marseille deck commissioned by Stuart Kaplan to the Angel Playing Card Company in Japan (in the 80s or 90s?). (It doesn’t have much to do with angels otherwise.) It’s long out of print.

I like the color palette, the drawings, the incorporation of playing card suit signs, and of course the swords. And the foliage on the minors.

For a while, I used it as a carry deck, and it seemed happy going around with me in my backpack purse. I like this copy because I got it used (with one card creased), so I don’t mind if it gets a little banged up. And I love the back!

back.jpg

(The shadows are my fingers holding the phone. Sorry. I'll figure out how to take pictures eventually. At least the bright sunlight lets us see the cards better!)

This is the only deck I have a backup for because I thought I was going to make it my one and only, which I did for a while. The backup has the plain US Games plaid back, so I’m thinking this deck, with it’s so-fancy back, might be a pirated version. Anyway, I look forward to using it this week!

Sunday Deck Interview

Sunday.jpg

Most important characteristic, Queen of Cups
It’s good for self-reflection, emotional depth, and, with the hearts on cups cards, romantic relationship readings.

Strength, Magician
The deck represents all the suits equally well. It’s a little mysterious and has a strange kind of power.

Weakness, 4 of Cups
It’s not good at holding back emotion, as with the Queen of Cups, this is an emotionally open, communicative deck.

What can it teach me? 3 of Swords
Ok, this is kind of meta, but it can teach me to be confident in my own almost-but-not-quite RWS card meanings. In my system, manifestation (3) of thoughts (swords) = teaching and learning, books and information. So this deck is teaching me to teach and learn the tarot I have figured out for my own (not someone’s idea of a pierced heart!).

How can I learn that lesson from it? 6 of Cups
More cups! To learn about teaching and learning, I need to share my ideas and what I have learned, and why I’m so passionate about it. Spread the enthusiasm around!

The outcome of our working together this week, Ace of Wands
This will be just the beginning of an energetic and powerful association between me and this deck. Sounds good to me!

Monday All-Purpose Spread
I think this week, I’ll use my all-purpose 4-card 3-card spread: simply questioner, issue, outcome, advice.

Monday.jpg

Me, 7 Swords
I sometimes read this with a kind of RWS meaning, deceit or manipulation, but I don’t think that’s me today, so I’m going with I enjoy (7) figuring things out (swords). Maybe puzzles! I just started doing crossword puzzles, and I am enjoying them!

Issue I’ll be dealing with today, Moon
Even though I like having things all figured out, I will be confused or not clear on something.

Outcome, Death
Ok, does this mean the confusion will end? Or that the confusion will cause something to end? I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Advice, Queen of Swords
I definitely should continue to try to figure things out, but I should do that by trying to get a bigger picture and letting my intuition or emotions help in that effort. Ack, I just found out I have to be on a client conference call today at 2:00. Maybe I need to help the clients figure out the best way to organize the call? Queen of Swords as teacher or professor.

We’ll see if that’s how this all turns out!

Have a happy and healthy Monday, everyone!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Rachel’s DoW 15 Angel Tarot (US Games Marseille Redrawing)

Post by Joan Marie »

Very pretty cardbacks!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Tuesday All-Purpose Spread

Today is the big meeting that I’m helping out with. I’m not nervous. Yet.

Tuesday.jpg

(A rainy day today so we're back to bad lighting . . .)

Ok, I really did shuffle and cut! And got all majors.

Me, Death
I’m done dealing with this meeting, and I’m just glad it’s almost over with.

Issue, World
Yes, it IS a big deal, but it will end and then everything will be fine.

Outcome, Lovers
People will just be glad to get together and meet, and will be forgiving of any glitches. If they’re not too big.

Advice, Hanged One
I should just hang in there. Follow along and not get ahead of things. Keep my eyes open but stay in the background as much as I can.

That’s what I intend to do! Wish me luck!

Have a happy and healthy day!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

The meeting went well, and everyone was very appreciative. It wasn't so bad after all! And I'd been stressing about it for a month!

Wednesday, full moon in Libra, Planting Moon

Here's the Planting Moon magic square spread again, this time for the full moon.

Wednesday.jpg

Body, Chariot, Fool, 6 Coins
I need to stop going forward the way I have been since working at home (Chariot) and instead trust my body and embrace the new way of doing things and go with it (Fool). The harvest will be health (6 Coins)! Or, as I look at the cards more closely, don’t ride, walk my way to health!

Mind, Queen of Coins, Magician, 8 Coins
It’s time to stop focusing on survival issues (eating, sleeping, etc.) (Queen of Coins) and take advantage of the opportunity and extra time to be more creative and mentally active (Magician). The harvest will be a plan for productivity into the future (8 Coins).

Spirit, Priestess, 10 Swords, Page of Wands
Well, this is challenging. I’m supposed to clear out the Priestess in my spiritual realm! But I think this means I should let go of speculative, “higher” spiritual ideas, even my own intuition of them (Priestess), nurture my understanding that it’s all a bunch of random and probably scrambled ideas people have perpetuated over the years (10 Swords), and go back to beginner’s mind and beginner’s actions (Page of Wands). Right spirituality is not what you think or know, or even have faith in, it’s what you do.

Tomorrow, I'll do the Super Moon spread, which is just a four/five elements "wild card" spread.

Enjoy today, everyone!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Thursday, Super Moon Wild Card Spread

Thursday.jpg

My wild card for the month, Devil
Here is a bowdlerized devil with a friendly grin. The little devils are smiling too. But as we all know, one can smile and smile and be a villain. He’s here to warn me not to go too far into whatever land as the stay at home thing continues. I’ve gained 5 pounds, I don’t need to gain 10. I’m having free-floating anxiety, I don’t need to let it interfere with my work and life, etc. Who knew temptations abound all my myself quietly at home?

The rest are messages from the elements:

Earth, 6 Swords
I know exactly what to do to maintain my health. I’ve done it. I just have to do it now.

Water, Hermit
I can use my emotional isolation as an opportunity to explore inner space. A hermit is isolated for a spiritual purpose. If I’m isolated, I can turn it to a spiritual purpose.

Air, 7 Cups
I shouldn’t give in to being overly emotional and intuitive. Use my head, that’s what it’s there for!

Fire, Page of Swords
I should put my energy into learning something. If nothing else, keeping the mind in working order. But I could also learn something I need to know.

Spirit, Wheel of Fortune
But, while I’m making all these plans for self-improvement, I need to embrace the fact that we just don’t know what’s going to happen. Up or down, everyone’s situation is going to change. Hopefully, that’s just uncertainty about when all this is going to end, but who knows? That’s the wheel!

Whatever happens my friends, I hope you all stay happy and healthy!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Friday All-Purpose Spread

Friday.jpg

Well, this looks like a cheerful one for a change!

Me, Page of Cups
Today, I’ll be cheerful and be happy to have some interaction with people. I’ve already been to the store and skyped with my work friends.

Issue, King of Coins
I’ll be dealing a lot with my bosses and co-workers today. We might be talking about the job and work and money.

Outcome, 10 Cups
Everyone will be pretty happy, and we’ll end the week on a positive note.

Advice, Moon
It’s ok to let my page of cups, emotional, intuitive self out today. Stay aware of vibes and intuitions, and everything will be fine. Oh, I need to work on my fanciful Lenormand question, so this might be a good day to be creative by pretending to be someone else!

I hope everyone has a 10 Cups day today!

Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Last reading with the Angel (for this week anyway)

Saturday All-Purpose Spread

Saturday.jpg

Me, 2 Cups
I’m someone who is easily emotionally attracted or repulsed by things today.

Issue, Knight of Wands
The issue is whether I’m going to be responsible and active, that is, clean up my yard, or am I going to do something more emotionally satisfying. Alternatively, maybe I’ll see my son today. He’s a Sagittarius.

Outcome, 6 Cups
Whatever happens, I’ll be happy and satisfied, emotionally fulfilled.

Advice, Star
No matter what, know that I am blessed and feel it. And I do. I have everything I need. I and my family are healthy and provided for. I have a job and am getting paid. All is well.

Good advice here. There are a lot of cups, including the ones in the Star. 1 wand and 1 air (knight) and 0 coins, so there’s no emphasis on survival issues today.

Return to “Week 15 - My Deck of the Week”