This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

DoW 15: Joan Marie, Tinker's Damn Tarot

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

DoW 15: Joan Marie, Tinker's Damn Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm losing track of the days. Sorry to be late setting this up this week.

Not sure yet what deck I will use yet this week, but I'm looking forward to it!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: DoW 15: Joan Marie, Tinker's Damn Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

So I decided that this week I am going with the Tinker's Damn Tarot from Duck Soup Productions.

I need to be in the right mood for this deck and I can't say exactly what that mood would be called, but I'm in it now.

This is a beautiful and very original collage deck. The whole deck has the feeling of a lost time and place, like looking into one of theose really old mirrors where the backing material has begun to slide and casts a strange patina over what it reflects.

So my first draw I got these:

Actress
Actress
7 of Earth
7 of Earth
Equanimity
Equanimity

Well the Actress right away makes me think of drama and there was touch of that today. That broken wagon wheel in the 7 of earth really hits me. It's how I feel. A bit like giving up. Disillusioned. Disappointed. I also relate to the hands full of earth though. Just trying to hold together. If the hands let go at all, the earth just falls away.
And lastly, we have Equanimity. It's what I always strive for, to remain composed no matter what. I often find this very difficult. But it is always worth aiming for. Always. Especially when people are goading me, challenging me.

I like this message. It acknowledges how I feel and it is also hopeful because it points toward inner strength. That's what always saves.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Mayor of Air
Mayor of Air

At first glance, this appears to be a violent image.
But it isn't.

Look at the calm serene face.

This card fits well my mood today and with another more extensive reading I just completed (with another deck) before a lovely meditation.

This card is about separation from earthly concerns. Tune in more to the senses. Connect to the spiritual.

Funny how it is portrayed but I really get it. This is one thing I had forgotten that I love about this deck. It has a kind of dark humour, a wryness that appeals to me. I see a lot in these strange and roundabout images.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

8 of Air (swords)
8 of Air (swords)

haha. Who can add anything to this?

Yes it is the classic card of feeling confined but having the means of your own escape. Dude looks pretty confined here though. I 'm pretty sure that is Harry Houdini. Not sure how those little feathers are any match for the balls and chains though.

And that is what it feels like today.
I knooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow that I possesses the means to my own escape but those means feel a bit lightweight against the heavy feelings pulling on me. It's just a mood. I know it will pass. It's like a feeling of stagnation, like inertia. I need an equal and opposite force to shift it.

And I don't see those feathers being that.

I think this particular 8 of Swords really captures this feeling better than a lot of them do. Usually the 8 of swords cards (RWS clones at least) make you feel like, "C'mon girl, pull yourself out of this! You can do it!" but this card kind of says, "Yup. This is the deal right now. Everything is just stuck."

It's like I'm feeling a collective inertia. It isn't just me. Everything really is stopped. And the newness of this feeling is wearing off and it's beginning to feel like just the way things are. I don't go out much but every time I do it's just a little weirder out there, new rules, new systems in place. The old life seems so reckless and distant.

What are these little feathers? So accurate. There is no equal and opposite force right now, only little feathers, little distractions. I guess to accept that and not expect those little feathers to really do the job of lifting me out of this, at least it's realistic.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Four of Earth
Four of Earth

I drew the 4 of Coins for Today's Card also.
I really did like (and follow) that message today. Decided to focus on what I could control.I did a little project, it took a few hours, but I finished and when I was done could see the result of my work and it is inspiring.

But this one, this four od ยดf coins, looks really focused on the Coin (money) aspect. The hands look like they can't really grasp the coins. I can relate to that.
Money is getting harder to come by. It's also getting harder to spend. Which is strange. It's like these big clumsy hands hovering over all the coins without any point, any purpose or direction. Juts senselessly pawing.
Maybe my whole relationship to money and spending is being put into question now and I wonder what it will be when all this is over.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Three of Fire
Three of Fire

This deck offer up the wildest combination of darkness, irony, humour and sweetness.

This card falls, to me, in the sweetness category.

Who doesn't remember these blocks? And the little instruction manuals that came with them to help you build things that your imagination, as fertile as it was, could not have imagined. The manual showed us the possibilities and then once those were understood we could take off with it.

This card reminds me today to be open to the manual, instructions that may seem a bit too structured but that are really showing me the basics for my imagination to soar.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Lovely card and a lovely interpretation! And you're so right about this deck. I would never like it as much as I do if it were just creepy pictures and obscure connections. Many of the cards are, and then there's a sweet one! That's what makes it so intriguing. Thanks for all your samples and readings!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

5. Librarian
5. Librarian

What an interesting depiction the Hierophant! Really gets away from any religious connotation.

This lady may at first glance come across a bit stuffy and authoritative, but shouldn't she really as the guardian of books, as watcher of the temple of knowledge?

At second glance, I see concern in her face, more than sternness. She wants me to learn, to study, to take what i am doing seriously.

She's like some benevolent angel really wanting me to succeed for my own sake.

Sweet card. It gives me a feeling the standard Hierophant card probably means to but doesn't because of my personal relationship to religious figures of authority.

Return to โ€œWeek 15 - My Deck of the Weekโ€